PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Dex2 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3/27/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21897 / 23551 | Lite & Standard Versions]

I'm not sure if it is related to the position fix, but I have been having issue with the volume control.I am using march 27th 23551 lite edition. The size of the volume is bigger than my screen. Also, while trying to change my wallpaper, if I select animated wallpaper and then albums I'm not able to choose from internal storage. It would seem that it is cut off from the screen. In addtion I don't think toggle1x works with 6.5 roms. I can't seem to get it work correctly. After a little editing I can get it to change from 1x to evdo ,but not from evdo to 1x.Other than those issues the rom is working great. I love how you added the xtask to the bottom right of the screen. Regarding your 3d icons I think it is going to be great. I can wait for it. Are you still going to think about do a black version of GTX?

By the way here is a theme from tacchan23 at xda that I found interesting. Would seem to go well with your black themes.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624874

Here some transparent sliders I found.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...sparent+slider

Last edited by Dex2; 04-03-2010 at 08:15 PM. Reason: At theme link
Old 04-03-2010, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex2 View Post
I'm not sure if it is related to the position fix, but I have been having issue with the volume control.I am using march 27th 23551 lite edition. The size of the volume is bigger than my screen. Also, while trying to change my wallpaper, if I select animated wallpaper and then albums I'm not able to choose from internal storage. It would seem that it is cut off from the screen. In addtion I don't think toggle1x works with 6.5 roms. I can't seem to get it work correctly. After a little editing I can get it to change from 1x to evdo ,but not from evdo to 1x.Other than those issues the rom is working great. I love how you added the xtask to the bottom right of the screen. Regarding your 3d icons I think it is going to be great. I can wait for it. Are you still going to think about do a black version of GTX?

By the way here is a theme from tacchan23 at xda that I found interesting. Would seem to go well with your black themes.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624874

Here some transparent sliders I found.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...sparent+slider
well... as far as i know htc volcontrol dont work with 6.5.x roms... so i never cooked it in, so u will always get the wm vol control.
album will work in landscape... thats the price to pay for having the tweak that takes the cache to internal storage... worth it in my book.
x1 works good for me, but u can always just set it from phone settings and dont have to use the link from tweaks folder.
i think i gave up on a black gtx... i got to much things going on right now... so like i said a few posts back, ill probably make s2w new theme to fit vga and use his theme, or at least a modified version of his theme that ill make.
im sorry for getting a little lazy, but time sucks right now for me, and even though i love playing around with Photoshop, i dont really have time to create my own thing... not yet anyways...
im thinking about using s2w theme only lose some of his red elements, but he didn't really complete the theme yet, so i gotta wait and see how it will end up looking like.
im gonna stick to my black highlights, change the icons to the 3d looking ones and keep all the transparencies.
but nothing else is planned right now, and nothing will happen for at least a week.
thanks for the comments.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

shanep13 is becoming a great contributor

Hello Amikam,
Your ROM’s are great and only getting better, really enjoying all the time and effort you put in.
Using the 27Mar10 Lite 21897, with finger keyboard installed

If we are getting away from black and white and transparent (which I like):
Heard of two votes for dark Red highlights, personally would prefer a dark Blue.
As has been stated, anything you choose would be great, by all means please use what you prefer and like/prefer. Continue to surprise us!

Like Dex2’s suggestions (however, think you stated you did not like blue…)
Metallic blue 2.5 slider
Dusk Blue taskbar
Can these be installed/ uninstalled on our ROMS? (been way too busy to try to improve on your ROM)

Experienced several lock ups as well (none that has even made me consider jumping ship yet):
Have experienced the power on problems stated by SABROSO (situations B, D and E)
Have also experienced the Text messaging issue as IRONRED where the phone locks up when going from all messages view back to sense home screen and requires removing the battery to restart.

Also one issue is GPS, cannot get Google maps or TeleNav (finally got TeleNav to load and run on my sprint account (without stating the account is expired)) to work, would prefer TeleNav and wish it would work. (Google maps never finds any satellites, and TeleNav states weak signal find a better view of sky) Anyone can help get either of these working?

Thanks again for all your time and efforts, looking forward to your next release
Hope your schooling is going well and taking priority.

Last edited by shanep13; 04-03-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Also, while trying to change my wallpaper, if I select animated wallpaper and then albums I'm not able to choose from internal storage. It would seem that it is cut off from the screen.
That happens because the wrong version of mediatoolkit is probably included in the ROM (just guessing based on my experience of using the wrong version). The correct version is Media_Tool_kit_1_2_20113122_0 from programatix's thread on the album 3.2 vga port at xda.

Link to EXT package is below. Copy files to \windows and overwrite the ones there.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2jyyne..._20113122_0.7z

Last edited by mwalt2; 04-04-2010 at 10:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

Dex2 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
well... as far as i know htc volcontrol dont work with 6.5.x roms... so i never cooked it in, so u will always get the wm vol control.
Sorry about that amikam, I meant to say that the wm volume control is to big. It would seem to be big for my screen. It is as if it was ported for a wvga device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
That happens because the wrong version of mediatoolkit is probably included in the ROM (just guessing based on my experience of using the wrong version). The correct version is Media_Tool_kit_1_2_20113122_0 from programatix's thread on the album 3.2 vga port at xda. I made a cab from the EXT that you can try (attached to this post), but I can't guarantee it will work since I'm already using that version in my ROM.

Link to EXT package is below:
Thanks mwalt2, I'll give it try and let you know. Thanks for the help
Old 04-04-2010, 12:23 AM
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Sorry about that amikam, I meant to say that the wm volume control is to big. It would seem to be big for my screen. It is as if it was ported for a wvga device.

Thanks mwalt2, I'll give it try and let you know. Thanks for the help
I've had the volume problem (or one like it) previously too. Check the following registry entries and see if you have them and what path is where XXXXX is. If you do not have those registry keys, it cuts off the bottom part of the standard volume control. Changing to a different .tsk (assuming it has those entries) will fix it.

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Bubble]
"BubbleBorderThemeImage"="XXXXX"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Toast]
"ToastBorderThemeImage"="XXXXX"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work

For those with position issues when installing S2U2 I've had them in the past and what worked was to have the phone plugged in when rebooting it. It seems to me that if S2U2 locked the phone before Sense was fully booted the position error would appear.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:42 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I've had the volume problem (or one like it) previously too. Check the following registry entries and see if you have them and what path is where XXXXX is. If you do not have those registry keys, it cuts off the bottom part of the standard volume control. Changing to a different .tsk (assuming it has those entries) will fix it.

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Bubble]
"BubbleBorderThemeImage"="XXXXX"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Toast]
"ToastBorderThemeImage"="XXXXX"
thanks for pointing this out... i dont use 6.5.x sys's myself so im not really "aware" of issues with them.
i do have those regedit in my .tsk file but no image files is listed in them... they are empty.
thanks again for pointing that out... ill check out some 6.5.x themes and see whats missing.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:50 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
That happens because the wrong version of mediatoolkit is probably included in the ROM (just guessing based on my experience of using the wrong version). The correct version is Media_Tool_kit_1_2_20113122_0 from programatix's thread on the album 3.2 vga port at xda. I made a cab from the EXT that you can try (attached to this post), but I can't guarantee it will work since I'm already using that version in my ROM.

Link to EXT package is below:
as far as i remember i am using that version of media toolkit.
but again... the issue started only after i patched my album.exe and my album dll to get the cache go to internal storage and never had any issues before... thats why i said that it is probably it...
i asked programatix... but no answer yet.

edit: actually u r right... the cab didnt work but the files did.... it did solve it... weird... i thought i was using the same package, oh well... now the only thing i need to fix is the graphics glitch that i get on the menus... which again only showed up after patching album.exe

Last edited by amikam; 04-04-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:03 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
edit: actually u r right... the cab didnt work but the files did.... it did solve it... weird... i thought i was using the same package, oh well... now the only thing i need to fix is the graphics glitch that i get on the menus... which again only showed up after patching album.exe
What was the problem with the cab? I'll remove it if it's not working right. It's probably just as easy to copy the 3 files inside of the EXT\files directory to \windows anyway.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development