PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 01:24 AM
Hello. My name is Success
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3/27/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21897 / 23551 | Lite & Standard Versions]

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
thanks for the comments... im happy to know im made u happy.
i wish more people like u (u said u don't post much) would give more comments, i would actually get to know a little more what people want.

as of right now the 27th version alone was downloaded 230 times... assuming that some people might have downloaded more than once... lets say that around 200 people have at least tried 27th roms...
i do thank all the guys who comment... but looking at this number (which i really don't think is too big) there should be a little more comments... for better or worse.

please guys... a little more feedback, im working on some slider icons of my own and im always looking for some nice finds and/or suggestions to how u would like things to look like.
although i originally made the rom and graphics for myself i do end always up looking for other peoples opinions.
lol you read my mind. It is always good to hear feedback even if its just to say thank you like s10dude, especially knowing all the time you put into making the ROMs.

<---- Continuation Of The GTX Sense Theme---->
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3sh_t0_d3f View Post
lol you read my mind. It is always good to hear feedback even if its just to say thank you like s10dude, especially knowing all the time you put into making the ROMs.
yeah... i know.
ill give u an example... i actually noticed that gtx theme for 2012 had a lot of old graphics from 1921 version... this messes up a bunch of things, so i actually commented of how much of a good job they did, but also pointed out that they went a little lazy on somethings which are really tiny. (maybe 10 image files need to be changed... probably even less).
they probably got pressured into publishing it.
that's an example of a "not so nice" comment i guess... but sometimes even bad ones help somehow.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: DIAMOND

milkman6453 is a n00b

Thanks that Vibro worked great, not as extensive patterns as the valert but it works.
The rom 27th 23551, is great. It feels pretty fast and gets average battery life, with plenty of space left on device storage.
The theme is a little dark but i don't use the stock Sense, im using the custom titanium cab you gave me with the lizzy BUFT theme.
Overall i can see me using this for the rest of my phones life, i shall see.
AWESOME job chef
Old 04-03-2010, 04:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: Themes S2W wm6.5 sys21897

Quote:
ok... gotya... i thought u tried installing his theme and such...
anyways... so u think i should switch to a little dark red?

Hi AmiKAM, any magic you create will surprise us, so red or White or just Black, do what you amazing you (what you enjoy) what ever your soul wanna express, what ever are you, what ever surprise you, And in that way I will sure say that what ever magic you do, magic us.
You know the slogan: "(after HTC music) you don't need to find a theme, you need a theme that find/fine you"..."and you, and you, all YOUs". So anything that magic you, will magic us.
One thing, I'm Still with the 21897 ROMs. Here is "Saint Week" and family demands some atention, and I was not enought brave to TEST new ROM without knowing anything you thought about it, also because I haven't had the time to flash lately, but know I will have sometime so I would like to know if you want a tester or should I wait for something you are working right now???
By the way, I think that something more redish dark will be more impresive than something whiteish (I think white is more Apple stuff). I have always look for something dark but if it has some color will look great to always maintaining black as Main and color as secondary.
But let me Say you have the final word and you have always have good teast with the themes so finally I always will support your creations, and when it has been something that complicate the look I have always tell you, with the intention not to press my taste, ou de contraire, trying to make your selection/creation always well adopted from everyone that like also your ROMs.
----------------------------------
So regarding the 27 March release, I read in other thread that problems start to appear with the regular use, SO I have notice as someone just refer to it, a few ramdom SOD (not necesary after charging just regular everyday weakup) but let me explain it better: a) situation: I press power to weakup from sleep, it weakup fine but after 1-2 seconds go back to "BLACK SCREEN". b) situation: I press power to weakup from sleep but happend no weakup, again press power and nothing, SO then I push power button for 4-6 seconds and weakup normaly. c) When I manualy send phone to sleep and weakup in less than a minute or minutes, it doesn't appear the slider for weakup, press close or end and return to HOME tab but with some manila locker icon on the top taskbar.
d) When someone call me, the silder don't move with my finger, but the phone answer the call.
e) situation: I don't know if it is me or not, but the time to take a second picture is too long now, when you press center buttom take a lot to take the picture (it seem like it can't make the autofocus end) and in many times you need a second "center button" press for actually take the photo.
f)
situation: When you are in Landscape mode get to sleep and weakup then the HTC "ICON" for slider landscape mode appear over "Manila locker", so when you use your finger to slider manila locker the HTC ICON slider is highlighted instead of "manila locer icon". SOLUTION: use your stylus to press over the last right arrow of "manila locker" button, if you pick that arrow you will be enable to unlock the manila locker.
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-04-2010 at 03:14 AM. Reason: add "f) situation"
Old 04-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
thanks for the comments... im happy to know im made u happy.
i wish more people like u (u said u don't post much) would give more comments, i would actually get to know a little more what people want.

as of right now the 27th version alone was downloaded 230 times... assuming that some people might have downloaded more than once... lets say that around 200 people have at least tried 27th roms...
i do thank all the guys who comment... but looking at this number (which i really don't think is too big) there should be a little more comments... for better or worse.

please guys... a little more feedback, im working on some slider icons of my own and im always looking for some nice finds and/or suggestions to how u would like things to look like.
although i originally made the rom and graphics for myself i do end always up looking for other peoples opinions.
In regard to feedback, I've been running MikROM 23551 Standard for about a week now. And so far, there are only a few issues showing up. The first one is a lower repositioning of Sense Slider Icons on the screen. When this repositioning occurs, the Slider Icons are half covered by the bottom start bar. Moreover, the problem happens intermittently, and only when the suspended system is turned on with no usb charging cable attached. I'm not sure if the repositioning is due to a glitch caused by Pocket Shield, as it's set to only lock when not connected to external power, or if it's a problem with the Sense 2.5 2012 vga port. Also, not sure if it matters, but I've had the Manila Locker turned off from day one by setting HKCR\Software\HTC\Manila\ Home.lock.Enabled to "0". That said, it's been tough to pin the cause of this issue, as it has shown up here with multiple 6.5.x Sense 2.5 ROMs. The second issue is that my 480x640 home page background image is not in alignment in landscape mode. It worked fine with your previous 23547 Standard ROM, and with mwalt2's HDwall Like VGA Mod for transparent task and bottom bars. But for some reason, the background image is now chopped up in landscape. That said, this problem does not show up in portrait mode. The third issue is that the sometimes the bottom start bar changes to grayish black when the start menu is clicked. It's intermittent and fixed by closing the start menu and clicking it again most of the time. Anyway, other than this Sense Slider Icon repositioning issue, the landscape wallpaper misalignment, and the start menu bottom bar color change, 23551 has been working great. Thank you!

On a huge positive note, there have been zero SOD's, or power on lockups, or any related system freeze up issues over the last week. Plus, even with the system loaded up with 100+ programs and twenty icon x 3 Co0kie Mod pages, the only noticeable Sense slow down has been the speed that the clouds and windshield wiper blade move across the animated weather home page. And as mentioned in my previous posts, I really appreciate the xTask soft key on the bottom start bar and Music Flow landscape mode. Cheers!

In regard to themes, I prefer deep dark black as the base, with green highlights, colored icons and folders, as well as almost everything transparent. A deep black dusk theme with green highlights and cubed color icons would be a sweet alternative theme, IMHO. That said, you should pick your favorite combination, as we can usually modify it to our individual tastes anyway.

Thanks again for all your hard work and help amikam.
Cheers!
R
Old 04-03-2010, 05:53 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
In regard to feedback, I've been running MikROM 23551 Standard for about a week now. And so far, there are only a few issues showing up. The first one is a lower repositioning of Sense Slider Icons on the screen. When this repositioning occurs, the Slider Icons are half covered by the bottom start bar. Moreover, the problem happens intermittently, and only when the suspended system is turned on with no usb charging cable attached. I'm not sure if the repositioning is due to a glitch caused by Pocket Shield, as it's set to only lock when not connected to external power, or if it's a problem with the Sense 2.5 2012 vga port. Also, not sure if it matters, but I've had the Manila Locker turned off from day one by setting HKCR\Software\HTC\Manila\ Home.lock.Enabled to "0". That said, it's been tough to pin the cause of this issue, as it has shown up here with multiple 6.5.x Sense 2.5 ROMs.
I have this problem with every recent ROM, but it only occurs when I install S2U2. I think it's some kind of timing issue with loading Sense when soft resetting the phone. I just restart Sense by rearranging a couple of tabs.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Themes S2W wm6.5 sys21897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post

So regarding the 27 March release, I read in other thread that problems start to appear with the regular use, SO I have notice as someone just refer to it, a few ramdom SOD (not necesary after charging just regular everyday weakup) but let me explain it better: a) situation: I press power to weakup from sleep, it weakup fine but after 1-2 seconds go back to "BLACK SCREEN". b) situation: I press power to weakup from sleep but happend no weakup, again press power and nothing, SO then I push power button for 4-6 seconds and weakup normaly. c) When I manualy send phone to sleep and weakup in less than a minute or minutes, it doesn't appear the slider for weakup, press close or end and return to HOME tab but with some manila locker icon on the top taskbar.
d) When someone call me, the silder don't move with my finger, but the phone answer the call.
e) I don't know if it is me or not, but time to take a picture is too long now,
a) probably manila locker.
b) never had that one happen to me
c) since manila locker has issues with landscape... sometimes when the device thinks its in landscape it could happen, or might be something else, but again... probably manila locker.
d) never had than happen... actually i think it's pretty responsive.
e) that's a regedit, i forgot exactly which one, but im sure thats what u probably mean.

on another note... i'm really busy this upcoming week or two, and the past week. so i'm not sure what ill get done.
i probably wont release anything new for at least a week considering i wanna change the theme also.
to be honest im kinda becoming lazy about stuff, im trying to think maybe ill just use s2w theme when he finishes it. seems like he's gonna release a matching taskbar and some more things.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:18 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
In regard to feedback, I've been running MikROM 23551 Standard for about a week now. And so far, there are only a few issues showing up. The first one is a lower repositioning of Sense Slider Icons on the screen. When this repositioning occurs, the Slider Icons are half covered by the bottom start bar. Moreover, the problem happens intermittently, and only when the suspended system is turned on with no usb charging cable attached. I'm not sure if the repositioning is due to a glitch caused by Pocket Shield, as it's set to only lock when not connected to external power, or if it's a problem with the Sense 2.5 2012 vga port. Also, not sure if it matters, but I've had the Manila Locker turned off from day one by setting HKCR\Software\HTC\Manila\ Home.lock.Enabled to "0". That said, it's been tough to pin the cause of this issue, as it has shown up here with multiple 6.5.x Sense 2.5 ROMs. The second issue is that my 480x640 home page background image is not in alignment in landscape mode. It worked fine with your previous 23547 Standard ROM, and with mwalt2's HDwall Like VGA Mod for transparent task and bottom bars. But for some reason, the background image is now chopped up in landscape. That said, this problem does not show up in portrait mode. The third issue is that the sometimes the bottom start bar changes to grayish black when the start menu is clicked. It's intermittent and fixed by closing the start menu and clicking it again most of the time. Anyway, other than this Sense Slider Icon repositioning issue, the landscape wallpaper misalignment, and the start menu bottom bar color change, 23551 has been working great. Thank you!

On a huge positive note, there have been zero SOD's, or power on lockups, or any related system freeze up issues over the last week. Plus, even with the system loaded up with 100+ programs and twenty icon x 3 Co0kie Mod pages, the only noticeable Sense slow down has been the speed that the clouds and windshield wiper blade move across the animated weather home page. And as mentioned in my previous posts, I really appreciate the xTask soft key on the bottom start bar and Music Flow landscape mode. Cheers!

In regard to themes, I prefer deep dark black as the base, with green highlights, colored icons and folders, as well as almost everything transparent. A deep black dusk theme with green highlights and cubed color icons would be a sweet alternative theme, IMHO. That said, you should pick your favorite combination, as we can usually modify it to our individual tastes anyway.

Thanks again for all your hard work and help amikam.
Cheers!
R
all of those alignment issues might have something to do with me not including any position fix in the rom.
but i didn't do that because u dont need one if u would use the rom "as is" and not change to other software that controls things differently besides installing some extra programs.
im not sure what u mean about the landscape thing but it could have something to do with the "added day to calendar icon" that i've added to the cab that enables transparency.
as for the bottom botton... i really don't know since im not using 23551 myself.

as far as the theme goes i think everyone would like the 3d looking cubed icons, so ill probably switch to them.
im gonna avoid the green cuz i personally dont like it(although it does sometimes looks very good on black), but ill keep the black for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZR View Post
I have this problem with every recent ROM, but it only occurs when I install S2U2. I think it's some kind of timing issue with loading Sense when soft resetting the phone. I just restart Sense by rearranging a couple of tabs.
yes i think we discussed that before... if im not wrong adding a position fix solved it. or maybe not... im not sure.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:30 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
all of those alignment issues might have something to do with me not including any position fix in the rom.
but i didn't do that because u dont need one if u would use the rom "as is" and not change to other software that controls things differently besides installing some extra programs.
im not sure what u mean about the landscape thing but it could have something to do with the "added day to calendar icon" that i've added to the cab that enables transparency.
as for the bottom botton... i really don't know since im not using 23551 myself.

as far as the theme goes i think everyone would like the 3d looking cubed icons, so ill probably switch to them.
im gonna avoid the green cuz i personally dont like it(although it does sometimes looks very good on black), but ill keep the black for sure.

yes i think we discussed that before... if im not wrong adding a position fix solved it. or maybe not... im not sure.
Nah, it didn't fix it, but I'm not worried about it. Now that I know that restarting Sense will fix the problem, it's easy enough to do after a soft reset.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTc Diamond

powerpower73 is becoming a great contributor

amikam,

well, i've been running 27th 21897 since day one and i am not experiencing any issue yet. rom is responding well, battery life superb compare to what i used to have as i reported earlier. i do not have any complaint on theme since i like black. if i really want to be picky, when i'm using camera, after the very first shot, touch screen is not responsive so i have to press 'back' key on hard button, but it just might be me. so, unless i change my diamond's cpu or run wm 6.1 to make rom snappier, i do not have any complaint! keep uo the good work!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development