PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond (Mighty Rom 4)
Carrier: Sprint

laymanm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3/27/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21897 / 23551 | Lite & Standard Versions]

WOW can't believe how cool my phone is now with MikRom! So glad I found this. Question though, I installed the 3/27/10 21897 version and the newest sprint radio. How can I get the longest battery life from my phone?

I have only had the phone 3 months and Sprint just gave me a new battery because of terrible battery life...any suggestions would be great! Again thanks for a wonderful ROM that not only looks great but is rock stable!
Old 03-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond (Mighty Rom 4)

laymanm is a n00b

Stupid questions but what are the differences between the standard and lite versions? Better battery life? Faster?
Old 03-28-2010, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

IronRed is just getting started

the bars that are clear, is it the bar with start and the status icons, and the bar at the bottom with Phone and menu?

I am running with the 23rd update, It looks like the transparant bar is the only difference.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

j37hr0 is becoming a great contributor

I have a dumb noob question too, what is the main difference between the 23551 and 21897?
Old 03-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
how do I restart Manilla? Is that the same as htc sense? And what are manilla settings? I've never known what manilla is.
Yes, Manila is used as a generic term for HTC's GUI in many cases. You'll see the HTC GUI referred to as Sense (latest version), Manila TF3D, and Manila TF2D. Manila/Sense/TF3D can be enabled and disabled via your WM Home Settings. The basic Sense look, amount of tabs and order settings are in the Sense settings tab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
i updated the cab again... this time i added a mode that adds the day of the week on the calendar icon.
check out the Third Post

i really dont know who to thank to for this mode... i found it through different links on xda... and i had to isolate the files to make it work on vga.
attached is the separate days mode
Nice Sense Calendar Icon mod amikam! Works great... Thank you!

Quote:
i never tested it on 23551... can anyone confirm working or not working?
Your transparency mod is working here with 23551 Standard. It's just like doing mwalt's HDWall Like mod, without the extra labor. Thanks once again! On that note, when I flashed yesterday, I did set my WM background picture to match the wallpaper. Doing this, should help anyone having problems with the mod working as intended. Also, as mentioned, make sure to use to a 480x640 wallpaper.

Moreover, amikam, your MikROM 23551 Std has been working great here. A big plus is the xTask soft key on the bottom right of the Sense home screen bottom bar, as it really adds functionality to 6.5.5. What a nice surprise! Cheers & thanks once again!

One suggestion, and please correct me if wrong, but as I understand it, the Leo Dialer can only work for the ## phone codes or 911 emergency calls, not both at the same time. In turn, to get the 911 emergency call function to work with your current Leo Dialer ROMs, we need to do this first registry edit below.

To enable 911 calls:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DialParser]
"DLL-OEM"="ddcall.dll"

To enable ## codes, change ddcall.dll back to:

"DLL-OEM"="PhoneCanvas.dll"

A work around for being able to dial 911 and access your phone ## codes, is to add shortcuts to the ## code programs in one of your start menu folders. If you want to hunt them down, these phone code programs can be found in your PPC Windows Folder. No need to though, as I've attached N!njaDuck's Phone Tools cab. Many thanks go to N!njaDuck for all his kind work.

Also, if anyone wants to get rid of the Leo Dialer Phone Canvas Curtain, use the registry edit below.

To diable Phone Canvas Curtain, change registry to:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\PHONE]
"EnableSlideCover"=dword:00000000

to add the curtain back, change to this:

"EnableSlideCover"=dword:00000001

Thanks again amikam! 23551 Std rocks!
Best to all,
R
Attached Files
File Type: cab Ninja Duck Phone Tools.1.2.cab (83.5 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by rhacy; 03-28-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: typo
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
the bars that are clear, is it the bar with start and the status icons, and the bar at the bottom with Phone and menu?

I am running with the 23rd update, It looks like the transparant bar is the only difference.
actually there are much more differences...
the sys is more cleaner, and a lot more use of modules instead of files.
i did make the album cache tweak as a cab also... so that would work on any rom having album 3.2, so free space will actually be kept better now.
as far as tweaks and such... im not really sure how much i added in 27 compared to 23rd version... but i know that on march 27 version everything that doesn't have to load with bootloader doesn't... cant be sure about that for 23rd version though.
before cooking 27th version i made sure to take out anything that wont work or doesn't have to exist in the rom... so its cleaner... which means.. more space. (standard come with approx 72 mb free and light is with approx 83 mb free.)
but, if u happy with 23rd... keep using it, i said before.. seems like some flashes are better than others.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 03-28-2010, 07:26 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
Yes, Manila is used as a generic term for HTC's GUI in many cases. You'll see the HTC GUI referred to as Sense (latest version), Manila TF3D, and Manila TF2D. Manila/Sense/TF3D can be enabled and disabled via your WM Home Settings. The basic Sense look, amount of tabs and order settings are in the Sense settings tab.

Nice Sense Calendar Icon mod amikam! Works great... Thank you!

Your transparency is mod is working here with 23551 Standard. It's just like doing mwalt's HDWall Like mod, without the extra labor. Thanks once again! On that note, when I flashed yesterday, I did set my WM background picture to match the wallpaper. Doing this, should help anyone having problems with the mod working as intended. Also, as mentioned, make sure to use to a 480x640 wallpaper.

Moreover, amikam, your MikROM 23551 Std has been working great here. A big plus is the xTask soft key on the bottom right of the Sense home screen bottom bar, as it really adds functionality to 6.5.5. What a nice surprise! Cheers & thanks once again!

One suggestion, and please correct me if wrong, but as I understand it, the Leo Dialer can only work for the ## phone codes or 911 emergency calls, not both at the same time. In turn, to get the 911 emergency call function to work with your current Leo Dialer ROMs, we need to do this first registry edit below.

To enable 911 calls:

"DLL-OEM"="ddcall.dll"

To enable ## codes, change ddcall.dll back to:

"DLL-OEM"="PhoneCanvas.dll"

A work around for being able to dial 911 and access your phone ## codes, is to add shortcuts to the ## code programs in one of your start menu folders. If you want to hunt them down, these phone code programs can be found in your PPC Windows Folder. No need to though, as I've attached N!njaDuck's Phone Tools cab. Many thanks go to N!njaDuck for all his kind work.

Also, if anyone wants to get rid of the Leo Dialer Phone Canvas Curtain, use the registry edit below.

To diable Phone Canvas Curtain, change registry to:

"EnableSlideCover"=dword:00000000

to add the curtain back, change to this:

"EnableSlideCover"=dword:00000001

Thanks again amikam! 23551 Std rocks!
Best to all,
R
thanks for the comments... and the info.
i read it before... but i try to focus more on performance lately and some nice cool addons.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:29 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laymanm View Post
Stupid questions but what are the differences between the standard and lite versions? Better battery life? Faster?
theoretically speaking... light should be faster and have better battery life... but that doesn't have to hold up in practice.
try the light... and if u not missing anything from the std version... stick to it.
the change log shows u what is missing from the light version.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by j37hr0 View Post
I have a dumb noob question too, what is the main difference between the 23551 and 21897?
6.5, and 6.5.5.
6.5.5 (23551) will be with the menus on the bottom and such, some say its faster and they are right... but this version of 21897 seems to be just as fast to me.
and 6.5 would be like the screen shots with start menu on the top and such.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

Dex2 is just getting started

Quote:
actually... i was thinking about changing to these icons:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=652582

but maybe later on... i just switched to the one i have right now.

Ooh.. Looks pretty nice. I got to admit that it makes the icon really stick out. Any thoughts to the folder icon? Whatever you decide to do, I know it'll be good. Still running your march 13th edition and so far so good. Patiently waiting for your next upgrade.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development