PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 05:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3/27/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21897 / 23551 | Lite & Standard Versions]

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
yeah... transparent bars is built in to the rom because its is a hexedit of two files within two modules.
but, u would need to cancel the the registry in the .tsk file that points to a png image in order to get it to work... thats why if u guys load any other .tsk onto the rom the transparency will go away until u reinstall the cab.
thats why the cab will also not work on any other rom besides my 27th releases.
just checked the download filename (I have a problem where I don't delete anything I download until I run out of drive space lol), it says 23551 march 27 standard

I'll reflash one more time this morning and not install anything at all at first and see if it kicks in, if so, I'll install one thing at a time until I see what is causing it not to kick in

will re-download if it doesn't kick in at first

thanks
Old 03-29-2010, 10:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
just checked the download filename (I have a problem where I don't delete anything I download until I run out of drive space lol), it says 23551 march 27 standard

I'll reflash one more time this morning and not install anything at all at first and see if it kicks in, if so, I'll install one thing at a time until I see what is causing it not to kick in

will re-download if it doesn't kick in at first

thanks
i hope it workout for u, there is really no reason it shouldn't.
just like in the screen shots u should get the lock icons/button on the top right side of the screen.
and dont forget that u would need to install the cab to get the transparent bars.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 03-29-2010, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

IronRed is just getting started

i like the look, but the top and bottom bars are not transparant. it's an illusion. looks good though.

i recommend upgrading to the latest release. it's more responsive than the previous which i thought was already good. this is way better than the stock rom and i see no reason right now to get a hd2. i havn't found any serious bugs yet.

sometimes the phone will vibrate long when typing. a few times the transparant illusion shows a flaw when the screen is rotated.

should we be updating the radio when we flash? as for batery life, after the prl update a several resets, the battery life seems okay.

i'm using the 21xxx and loving it.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
i like the look, but the top and bottom bars are not transparant. it's an illusion. looks good though.
Hex-editing the shell32.exe and aygshell.dll does indeed make them transparent. If you're running sense over the standard windows mobile homescreen, then you basically have 536 pixels of wallpaper showing in sense and the remaining 104 pixels being shown in windows homescreen. I'm trying to see if it's possible to get sense to use all 640 pixels so you don't need to basically change the wallpaper in 2 places to get it to be 'fullscreen'.

This is different than using .png's for the taskbar/softkeybar like in my vgahdwall mod (and easier since you just change the 480x640 wallpaper in 2 places - sense and windows). I am also able to get perfect alignment in landscape with the hex-edited files. This was not possible without having transparent task/softkeybars since it just stretched the portrait task/softkey bar to 640 from 480.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Diamond

jjairal is keeping up the good workjjairal is keeping up the good work

could there be a way to maybe make the sense wallpaper transparent and just let the higher res windows wallpaper show?
Old 03-29-2010, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjairal View Post
could there be a way to maybe make the sense wallpaper transparent and just let the higher res windows wallpaper show?
That would be the ideal way to do it. Fullscreen won't really work now that I think about it, as it would disable/coverup the taskbar and softkeybar (which I think are quite useful ).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

hey amikam been using ur latest 21897 rom from 3/27/10. wondering if u know what might be causing the lag when u unlock the phone and try to scroll up the home screen .it takes a while before it lets u move it. side scrolling seems to work fine and i have the weather animation off.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:24 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
hey amikam been using ur latest 21897 rom from 3/27/10. wondering if u know what might be causing the lag when u unlock the phone and try to scroll up the home screen .it takes a while before it lets u move it. side scrolling seems to work fine and i have the weather animation off.
probably cookie mod, for myself i canceled the page indicator and put only one page of shortcuts... u can also try to switch the animation mode.
that solved it for me.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
probably cookie mod, for myself i canceled the page indicator and put only one page of shortcuts... u can also try to switch the animation mode.
that solved it for me.
thanks ill try that usually only used 2 tabs anyway.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
thanks ill try that usually only used 2 tabs anyway.
u can also try to hide the call history and appointments and such... also should help.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development