PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3/27/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21897 / 23551 | Lite & Standard Versions]

installed the latest update last night (23***) and noticed 2 main things, I couldn't find the manilla locker (not sure if it's in this one or not) so I installed what I used before, smart lock, had major problems, when the phone rings, it repeats locking and unlocking, don't get a chance to answer, also, believe it is part of this problem, changed the dim time for the back light to 60 seconds, exit out and the setting goes back to 10 seconds

I uninstalled simple locker and the dim appears to stay set and I can answer the phone

now just gotta figure out a locker, at work I have to keep the phone in my pocket and when it rings, I have sometimes (while ignoring it, it's on vibrate) accidentally answered the phone with it in my pocket

anyone got any ideas for a easy to unlock locker? or how to turn on manilla's locker
Old 03-28-2010, 08:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
installed the latest update last night (23***) and noticed 2 main things, I couldn't find the manilla locker (not sure if it's in this one or not) so I installed what I used before, smart lock, had major problems, when the phone rings, it repeats locking and unlocking, don't get a chance to answer, also, believe it is part of this problem, changed the dim time for the back light to 60 seconds, exit out and the setting goes back to 10 seconds

I uninstalled simple locker and the dim appears to stay set and I can answer the phone

now just gotta figure out a locker, at work I have to keep the phone in my pocket and when it rings, I have sometimes (while ignoring it, it's on vibrate) accidentally answered the phone with it in my pocket

anyone got any ideas for a easy to unlock locker? or how to turn on manilla's locker
manila locker is there... and its on... so of course if u add another locker u get "double" locked...
there is no settings page to manila locker though... all settings has to be done through the registry.
if u didn't get manila locker... u had a bad flash probably

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils

Last edited by amikam; 03-28-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
thanks for the comments... and the info.
i read it before... but i try to focus more on performance lately and some nice cool addons.
I totally understand amikam, and really appreciate your excellent performance work with WM 6.5, 6.5.x, and Sense, as well as all your cool and functional add-ons. Cheers! I was just thinking out loud, lol..., and thought it could be important to some MikROM users to have 911 working with the Leo Dialer. That said, maybe consider putting a note on the first page about 911 not working without doing the registry edit, or possibly incorporating the 911 regedit in your next ROM updates, as well as maybe adding the phone codes shortcuts in your Utilities Folder or to a sub-folder within it. It's just a safety suggestion for other users, as I personally hope to never have a need to make a 911 call (knock on wood). Nonetheless, it is something that could be really needed in an emergency.

Thanks again for all the great work, and best of luck with your upcoming exams.

Best to all,
R
Old 03-28-2010, 08:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
I totally understand amikam, and really appreciate your excellent performance work with WM 6.5, 6.5.x, and Sense, as well as all your cool and functional add-ons. Cheers! I was just thinking out loud, lol..., and thought it could be important to some MikROM users to have 911 working with the Leo Dialer. That said, maybe consider putting a note on the first page about 911 not working without doing the registry edit, or possibly incorporating the 911 regedit in your next ROM updates, as well as maybe adding the phone codes shortcuts in your Utilities Folder or to a sub-folder within it. It's just a safety suggestion for other users, as I personally hope to never have a need to make a 911 call (knock on wood). Nonetheless, it is something that could be really needed in an emergency.

Thanks again for all the great work, and best of luck with your upcoming exams.

Best to all,
R
i guess i can do that... ill just add a folder in the tweaks folder.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
manila locker is there... and its on... so of course if u add another locker u get "double" locked...
there is no settings page to manila locker though... all settings has to be done through the registry.
if u didn't get manila locker... u had a bad flash probably
it never kicked on over night, when I got up this morning the phone wasn't locked, I even did a reflash this morning while driving to work (nice to have to drive 30 minutes and have a laptop)

where can I look in the registry to make sure it is there and on?

is it something like the slide to lock?
Old 03-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond (Mighty Rom 4)

laymanm is a n00b

What is this about 911 not working? I am confused sorry...have 21897 March 27th version.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

IronRed is just getting started

Installed the 21XXX tonight and didn't see the transparant bars. Got really frustrated. But, installed the cab you posted and then it worked. I thought the cab was built into the latest release already. Anyway. I'll waste another day a work playing with my phone. Thanks!
Old 03-29-2010, 02:48 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
it never kicked on over night, when I got up this morning the phone wasn't locked, I even did a reflash this morning while driving to work (nice to have to drive 30 minutes and have a laptop)

where can I look in the registry to make sure it is there and on?

is it something like the slide to lock?
are u sure u flashed the right version?
manila locker is on all the 27th and i think also 25th versions... so if it doesn't show up... u must be missing something, and yes it is like s2u, only quicker.
before i upload a version i personally flash all of them to my phone to check if all the basics are there and working, manila locker was definitely there.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:51 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
Installed the 21XXX tonight and didn't see the transparant bars. Got really frustrated. But, installed the cab you posted and then it worked. I thought the cab was built into the latest release already. Anyway. I'll waste another day a work playing with my phone. Thanks!
yeah... transparent bars is built in to the rom because its is a hexedit of two files within two modules.
but, u would need to cancel the the registry in the .tsk file that points to a png image in order to get it to work... thats why if u guys load any other .tsk onto the rom the transparency will go away until u reinstall the cab.
thats why the cab will also not work on any other rom besides my 27th releases.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:54 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laymanm View Post
What is this about 911 not working? I am confused sorry...have 21897 March 27th version.
i haven't tested it myslef.. but as it was said here it might not work unless u change the regedits.
im not sure why or if it is completely true... but i will make sure to add that back in to my next release.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development