PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: bell

ptesmoke is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Yahoo or Gmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post
Hi CowHead &PP73,
What are you using to manage email "MS exchange server" or a regular Outlook to handled your email??
I will assume you use regular Outlook.
OK, so what is your settings for SMTP???
the port has to be 465 or 587
use require SSL as security
and the server is smtp.gmail.com
im using straight outlook with hotmail, as i always do and it will not create or reply
Old 05-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: bell

ptesmoke is a n00b
Re: [5/3/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21903 / 23566 | GTX / Original / MikROM Theme]

i read your post a little more, to explain, our problems arent that went cant SEND a message, the window to compose or reply wont even come up.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT

COWHEAD is keeping up the good workCOWHEAD is keeping up the good work
Re: Yahoo or Gmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post
Hi CowHead &PP73,
What are you using to manage email "MS exchange server" or a regular Outlook to handled your email??
I will assume you use regular Outlook.
OK, so what is your settings for SMTP???
the port has to be 465 or 587
use require SSL as security
and the server is smtp.gmail.com
Sabroso i've never have changed any of those settings when flashing any rom including all of amikams roms. all i do is hit add new account, type my user name and password and im good to go. I can recieve email, view them, but cannot reply or start anew one.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

randyamante is a n00b
Re: [5/3/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21903 / 23566 | GTX / Original / MikROM Theme]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICantAffordIt View Post
For the text notification, I can't figure out a way to dismiss the notification.

For the predictive texting. I go to the text tab on the slider. Either click the new text button, or click menu, then new. In the to box, it used to be predictive (start typing a contact, it would give you options), now you have to actually click the "To" area and select a contact.
Then when you start entering the text in the message area, it is by default on "ABC" but it doesn't matter if I click "XT9" or not, the program will not correct misspelled words or predict my words.
If you are replying to a message, here is what I notice:
If you click menu, then reply... it is the same, no predictive text.
If you click the message itself (in the messaging tab), it opens up the threaded messaging window or tab (I'm not sure what this is called), then you click in the blank space to begin typing your reply, now predictive texting works.
I am using the cab you posted earlier for the text bubbles, but I don't think that is the issue, I'll try uninstalling it and post back.
Edit: Uninstalling the text bubbles cab makes no difference. I would reflash, but I forgot to charge the phone last night and don't have enough battery left to do so.
This is exactly my experience. I searched forums and checked out everything that was suggested. I even re-flashed the [05.03.2010]MikROM_23566 rom. No change. I went back to the [05.01.2010]MikROM_Light_23566 rom. No problems with predictive text.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjairal View Post
I have been using 21903 mikrom theme for a few days love it so far but i have been getting a few freezeups. Not sure what causes it. First time happened on the charger. The charging light was still blinking but the phone would not come out of sleep. Then the next few times it happened when it was in the the belt clip case. would not turn on. Anyone else having this happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptesmoke View Post
i am running 21903 gtx rom, i also have had the phone freeze up while on the charger. as stated the charge ring stays lit but it will not wake up. the other issue i have is i cannot reply or create a new mail message in hotmail. other than that it seems stable except battery life seems shorter to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COWHEAD View Post
I'm using 21903 mikrom theme and cannot create or reply with yahoo or gmail
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpower73 View Post
I am running 21903 gtx since day one. there was some weird issue that my phone was constantly vibrating. i did soft reset by pressing the button on the back. ever since, i do not have any problem other than it slowing down when i am typing when i have more than 50 text msgs in my phone. so i have to delete them or do archive with myphone. by the way, i did install compact keyboard, and i am loving it!!

amikam, thanks for the great rom, great work!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpower73 View Post
wow, i may have speak too soon.
i am using 21903 gtx and i cannot do any of e-mails except receiving it, and viewing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
I luv the rom too, but third time now that the sceen failed to wake when I pressed the power button. And then I also had the screen get garbled up. If this issue would go away, this rom would be great! I now see why it takes so long to bring a phone to market, they have to actually fix every bug they can find, or deal with lots of ticked off people.
about the SOD's... i never had one, and i think a lot of more people never had one also.... i would try to re flash instead of u, but i can't promise that it would go away for ever.
about the emails things, sorry.... new htc messaging enhance took a reg and replaced it with something that has to do with language 0804... which is Chinese if im not wrong.
anyways...
this cab will fix all the email issues on all roms.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MikROM Email Fix.cab (1.2 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:19 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

btw, i just check wifi again after jzr said it worked for him.
now it does work... could have been something do to with my home router when i was checking it before... cuz now its more than perfect.

also... just to let u guys know... im checking both my 21903 rom and 23566 rom at the same time cuz i have 2 diamonds.
all the info and cabs that i give u guys to fix things will work on those versions for sure... but should also work on the other versions.

all u guys using 23566... i can see now what u mean about the predictions and xt9 not working in the native wm window for messages.
ill look into the older rom to compare whats missing, and post back when i have time.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

mshnayde is becoming a great contributor

Hey Amikam,
I have experienced the SOD on both versions of t he GTX theme rom. I am reflashing with the older version right now just to avoid those.
However, can you do me a favor and walk me through how to load the GTX theme on the older version. I downloaded the cabs from XDA but the ones I have always just end up giving me the theme with white lettering which I can't see. I have tried many times but can't fix that.
Thank you ahead of time.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:12 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnayde View Post
Hey Amikam,
I have experienced the SOD on both versions of t he GTX theme rom. I am reflashing with the older version right now just to avoid those.
However, can you do me a favor and walk me through how to load the GTX theme on the older version. I downloaded the cabs from XDA but the ones I have always just end up giving me the theme with white lettering which I can't see. I have tried many times but can't fix that.
Thank you ahead of time.
to be honest it doesnt matter what u do, u probably wont be able to make that theme work 100% on my rom using the cabs that they provide u with cuz i use a mixture of sens2.5 packages.... i would have to make u special cab.
i attached a cab i made real quick from the package of gtx that i made and use on my gtx rom... but i can't promise u that it will work cuz i didnt try it.

let me know how it works out.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MikROM GTX Theme.cab (3.74 MB, 12 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by amikam; 05-06-2010 at 08:25 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTc Diamond

powerpower73 is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam
btw, i just check wifi again after jzr said it worked for him.
now it does work... could have been something do to with my home router when i was checking it before... cuz now its more than perfect.

also... just to let u guys know... im checking both my 21903 rom and 23566 rom at the same time cuz i have 2 diamonds.
all the info and cabs that i give u guys to fix things will work on those versions for sure... but should also work on the other versions.

all u guys using 23566... i can see now what u mean about the predictions and xt9 not working in the native wm window for messages.
ill look into the older rom to compare whats missing, and post back when i have time.
amikam,
thanks! works great!
Old 05-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

mshnayde is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
to be honest it doesnt matter what u do, u probably wont be able to make that theme work 100% on my rom using the cabs that they provide u with cuz i use a mixture of sens2.5 packages.... i would have to make u special cab.
i attached a cab i made real quick from the package of gtx that i made and use on my gtx rom... but i can't promise u that it will work cuz i didnt try it.

let me know how it works out.
Tried the cab but said the install was unsuccessful. Think I am just going to stick with the older ROM for now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development