PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3/25/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21897 / 23549 | Real WM6.5 AKU | Lite & Standard

Blazing fast ROM, nice work.

I generally use SPBMS3, but the speed is nice enough I might use manilla, at least for a bit.

Is there a way I can remove the Call History option from the homepage so I can have more than 1 appointment show? I prefer to have at least my next two appointments on my first screen. It also just dawned on my, if I could configure Manilla Lock to show more than one, that would work too.

Anyway, great work so far, I've used SPBMS3 for like a month or more on Shadow's rom, and this is the first time I might deviate, if only for a little while.

Thanks again!

Old 03-26-2010, 01:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

shanep13 is becoming a great contributor
Re: [3/25/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21897 / 23549 | Real WM6.5 AKU | Lite & Standard

Good afternoon Marcjen,

You can change the home page to how you want by going to Start/Utilities/Tweaks and open CHTEditor.
3rd section down “Show Call History”
Manilla lock shows 2 appointments, unless there is a missed call.

Amikam,
Great Rom best yet.
Battery life so far is going great.
(Full charge at 6pm last night and still at 72% at noon the next day)
Running 25Mar10 21897 Lite
Thank you very much!!!

Last edited by shanep13; 03-26-2010 at 01:13 PM. Reason: missed line
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

IronRed is just getting started

Sambroso, after 7 hours of moderate use (Net, text, emails, net, apps) I'm at 60%. So it's going good for me.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: [3/25/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21897 / 23549 | Real WM6.5 AKU | Lite & Standard

AMikam, I'm counting the minutes to Flash 21897 Lite 25 March!!!
Was a sarcastic or you speak seriuosly when you mention a posible superLight version 21xxx??
Quote:
Originally Posted by minkus82 View Post
Do you have a link for dredsensor?
Sure Minkus, here is the Link for DredSensor 1.3a (this one is the original for Diamond VGA, their are now version for other HTC devices).
I forgot all the credict goes to Dredger97 from xda forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
Sambroso, after 7 hours of moderate use (Net, text, emails, net, apps) I'm at 60%. So it's going good for me.
I'm Envy I only get 9 hours of battery Life, I'm considering buy an extra Battery I found one NIB from SEIDIO with 1500mAh at reduce price from AMAZON.

Anyone know where I can buy the internal speaker for my CDMA Diamond (not the earpice the one you use to listen calls, that works fine. I'm asking for the speaker the one where the rings play, SO i'm only with vibration notification now).

Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 03-27-2010 at 03:17 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

thank u all for the good comments.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 03-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post
I'm Envy I only get 9 hours of battery Life, I'm considering buy an extra Battery I found one NIB from SEIDIO with 1500mAh at reduce price from AMAZON.

Anyone know where I can buy the internal speaker for my CDMA Diamond (not the earpice the one you use to listen calls, that works fine. I'm asking for the speaker the one where the rings play, SO i'm only with vibration notification now).

Seidio and Mugen batteries are both high quality alternatives to OEM or cheap aftermarket units. That said, you should check out ebay, as OEM Diamond and TP batteries are very cost effective at this time. I always keep at least one or two extra OEM batteries with me, and use the Mugen extended 3000mAh models when out on the road for days. The extended size Mugen batteries are my favorite, due to their more than double average runtimes. Nonetheless, these extended batteries make the Diamond extra thick, so I switch between the normal and extended units, depending on the situation. Again, check out ebay, as I been able to purchase all of the above there, at a small fraction of the retail price, and they have come in very handy. Plus one of the Mugen 3000mAh batteries I purchased for less than $20 shipped, came with a modified Seidio clip holster, which has worked out extremely well with the Mugen units and large battery covers. Consider also checking out an external battery charger via ebay. They cost around $5.00 shipped, and are very useful at keeping spare batteries charged up and ready to go.

In regard to a replacement speaker, have you tried to contact HTC yet? Not sure if they will help, but it's worth a try.

http://www.htc.com/us/support/hotline

Also, you can try and email this company in the link below, as they may be able to help as well.

http://www.ppctechs.com/HTC-Touch-Di...58/repairs.htm

Hopefully, HTC or ppctechs will at least be able to give you the part number and specifications, so you can order a like kind unit from digikey or another electronics supplier.

http://www.digikey.com/

Another option would be to pick up a broken Diamond cost effectively via ebay or somewhere locally, and use that speaker.

Just thinking out loud... wish I could help more...

Best to all,
R

Last edited by rhacy; 03-26-2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Links
Old 03-26-2010, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTc Diamond

powerpower73 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post
I bought the extended OEM, 1850mA? not sure... the one that comes with Alltel back. personally, I cannot tell the difference from the one that came with diamond, and I believe it is 1350mA? what I want to say is if you want ext batt. i think you should go with mugen 3000mA or just switch between 2 1350mA OEM personally, and buy a external charger that can charge only batt. again, just imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
thank u all for the good comments.
I really appreciate what you did here for diamond community. I think it is the best ROM I ever flashed for long time. I am not that picky when it comes to rom, as long as it is stable, and that's why i stayed with TruXt for long time, but I was still searching, and here comes MikROM...
right now i am using 21897 standard 03/25/10 but if I can extend my battery life little more with lite version, I don't mind reflashing. do you think it will make big difference? or again, were you just kidding?

again thanks for the blazing fast rom and keep up the good work, then I may not have to move onto Evo...
Old 03-26-2010, 10:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
Is there a way I can remove the Call History option from the homepage so I can have more than 1 appointment show? I prefer to have at least my next two appointments on my first screen. It also just dawned on my, if I could configure Manilla Lock to show more than one, that would work too.
You can do that in the registry:
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
They all start with Cookie.XXX. You can also use CHTEditor to do it graphically.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633590
Old 03-26-2010, 10:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpower73 View Post
I bought the extended OEM, 1850mA? not sure... the one that comes with Alltel back. personally, I cannot tell the difference from the one that came with diamond, and I believe it is 1350mA? what I want to say is if you want ext batt. i think you should go with mugen 3000mA or just switch between 2 1350mA OEM personally, and buy a external charger that can charge only batt. again, just imho.

I really appreciate what you did here for diamond community. I think it is the best ROM I ever flashed for long time. I am not that picky when it comes to rom, as long as it is stable, and that's why i stayed with TruXt for long time, but I was still searching, and here comes MikROM...
right now i am using 21897 standard 03/25/10 but if I can extend my battery life little more with lite version, I don't mind reflashing. do you think it will make big difference? or again, were you just kidding?

again thanks for the blazing fast rom and keep up the good work, then I may not have to move onto Evo...

thanks... good to know u like it.
im updating the rom again tonight... the biiggest update would be to sys 23551.
anyways... in theory i think that the less files or packages u would have on your rom the better battery life u would get.
for example... all of those titanium roms gets so much better life when it comes to battery... cuz it doesn't take too much ram and such.
but, i dont like titanium... actually the only reason i even like ms is cuz of manila and the fact that its easy to tweak... other wise i would have switched to android a long time ago.
i've done some more digging on whats really needed in a rom and i did found out that i have added some unnecessary things to my rom, i will make sure to take them out in the upcoming roms, maybe batt life would get better.
i did some tweak in all my roms to not load a lot of things at start up so that should help battery life.
for example... voicecommand usually gets added to startup or preloaded dll's... i took it out, and a bunch of other things like resourceproxy, etc...
look for the update later tonight or tomorrow morning, it should be a better version.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:15 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
thanks... good to know u like it.
im updating the rom again tonight... the biiggest update would be to sys 23551.
anyways... in theory i think that the less files or packages u would have on your rom the better battery life u would get.
for example... all of those titanium roms gets so much better life when it comes to battery... cuz it doesn't take too much ram and such.
but, i dont like titanium... actually the only reason i even like ms is cuz of manila and the fact that its easy to tweak... other wise i would have switched to android a long time ago.
i've done some more digging on whats really needed in a rom and i did found out that i have added some unnecessary things to my rom, i will make sure to take them out in the upcoming roms, maybe batt life would get better.
i did some tweak in all my roms to not load a lot of things at start up so that should help battery life.
for example... voicecommand usually gets added to startup or preloaded dll's... i took it out, and a bunch of other things like resourceproxy, etc...
look for the update later tonight or tomorrow morning, it should be a better version.
Sweet, thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development