View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Sabroso
PPCGeeks Regular

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GPS vs A-GPS

ANYONE KNOW, if it is posible to have a NOT working GPS ANTENA but have My location weather working????
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZR View Post
Is that what's going on? Good catch. I was in a room where I got no signal, and saw that my WiFi appeared to be on. I thought amikam had somehow set the phone to enable WiFi when a data connection wasn't available. It makes more sense that the phone was just roaming, and the roaming icon is incorrectly displaying as WiFI.
HI JZR, Yeah you can easily confirm it (well you have to be in a roaming area for your number mobile first), Just when you see the "wifi ICON", Turn on WIFI and you will see double "wifi ICON". I guess it is a mistake for the original ".dll" file where ICONs are. Anyway did you notice if your Mobile get hot when you are roaming????
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanep13 View Post
Sabroso, So far all the settings seem to be fine, very frustrating....
First step: Valid time: 7 days 0 hours
Second step:
Manually set to COM4 and 4800
"Seeking GPS satellites (0)" l waited and zero satellites found
Step Third: Time: 7:01 am, Date: Apr 6 2010, City: GMT-6 Central US
Step Fourth: Location service settings: On; Programs that Use location services: checked; Automatically decline location service in all HTC software that attempt to use location: not checked
Shanep13, mmmm Again you have all the settings correctly set (which I was guessing was not),
Just to double check: After you manually update QuickGPS, and go to G-maps check that you have enable GPS (no "aGPS") and press the Blue square with the point, it actually say "
Seeking GPS satellites (0)" instead of "You current location is temporarily unavailable"?????? mmmm than mean that you actually have all the service enable but for some reason your GPS ANTENA is not working.
Step One:
Just a noob question but have you try in a undersky area (like a street, I mean not inside a building)??? (I guess GPS satellite are over the hole Earth, so it has to work anywhere with underSky direct view)
Step Two: Which radio are you using for what company, for example my radio is "Sprint Diamond v1.12.34F"?? have you update radio Lately????

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanep13 View Post
Sabroso,.....
In Post: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1607402&postcount=3598
Scmasaru stated that adding the following to the registry resolves the issue:
For those who cannot get AGPS or My Location to work please check the Google Mobile Maps About page. If the second from the last line shows "myl: N/A", add the following reg keys:
Code: HKLM\software\google\googlemaps
supports_extended_ril=1 (String Value)
supports_extended_wifi=1 (String Value)
Later Google maps versions fail to create the two items so myl stopped working.

Still getting zero satellites found but the map jumps to my location (very close maybe 100 feet) within seconds.
Shanep13, By the way, just for the record you undestand the difference betwwen "aGPS" and "GPS"? "aGPS" don't use the antena of your GPS, is use the CDMA towers to triangle your position which can be 1000 to 100 meters accurate only, and the speed of updated is not the one need it for "Drive assistance".
Shanep13, I guess you have already discover that to make work "aGPS" in G-maps you have to disable GPS (I mean press "Turn Off GPS")??
Anyway, that is not a solution for your problem (I mean a real solution) so that i why I have not mention that before.
What I really concern is about why
"Seeking GPS satellites (0)" find no Satellite,
because the "services are
on", you have "local weather" fine, QuickGPS fine, and it actually say "Seeking for GPS Satellites", mmm I will wait for you answer but I'm ending my check list.
Anyway, The good thing of "aGPS" is that don't consume you battery as the "GPS antena", but the bad thing is that need "data conection" for work, so in an area where you don't have signal as a rural road you will have no "aGPS" working.
I have already ask AmiKAM to include that "aGPS" regedit in future ROMs,
also the one which make "Opera mobile 10" autorotate enable.
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-07-2010 at 01:41 PM.