View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Sabroso
PPCGeeks Regular

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Re: [3/27/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21897 / 23551 | Lite & Standard Versions]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanep13 View Post
Thank you for your help Sabroso, ....
I have tried manually configuring both TeleNav and Google maps with no change (still weak signal and zero satellites found)
Shanep13, Let see If I can help you with Google-Maps.
First step: let me know if you have in "HTC Home tab" the "My location weather" working fine??? (that means that your automaticaly local weather is automaticaly know where you are (town, city, country), so
if you move to other place automaticaly relocate it with that local weather. So actually you are seeing at the home tab your local weather not manually set, isn't it??
Ok, second step:
What version of G-maps are you using?? I remmember people telling having problem with v3.2, so download the last one which is v4.0.0.81 from this link here (if it is not the one you are using today).
Now we both have the same version on G-maps,
Third step:
Open G-maps, go to menu--> "option" : tell me what text appear in the first row (it can be "USE GPS" or "Turn Off GPS") ?? and now go to "GPS setting" and tell me what is the settings ("Managed by Windows" or "set Manually")??
Ok return to map view and Next go to "menu" --> "Help" --> "about" : what text appear in this categories: a) Total data received; b) cache size; c) Platform; d) battery; e) myl; f) wifi ??? and close G-maps.
Fourth Step: Press start button --> Settings --> Personal --> Phone , you will be now in "Settings" (Voicemail/sounds-rings settings) windows go to "Services" TAB (at the bottom) You will see a square with a list of "phone service settings" select "Location Setting" and press "Get Settings" and tell me which option is mark (on or off).
Ok now I will wait for your answer Shanep13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
I'm using system 21XXX. It is still happening sometimes, but i couldn't figure out why sometimes and not all the time. Looks like you isolated it.
Hi IronRed, sorry it seems we both misunderstood each other. I was saying You Said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
I removed manilla locker from 21XXX because it actually was getting on my nerves. There is a delay before it releases the screen. Seems like my screen would go dark within 10 seconds instead of the 30 seconds I specified. and then the screen would be locked. Also, the phone went to sleep and didn't come back up overnight twice. Then today I had to hold the power button for a while to get the screen to wake up. I think after using the cab to remove it, it felt like I was moving faster through the screens. But later I got a bug that I had a month ago with an earlier version, the text message screen would hang up. Now when I try to leave the text screen, it hangs up for maybe 10 - 15 seconds.
SO I think Shanep13, was talking about that same bug, but without having your same step to replicated the bug. So that is why I highlighted that you say you use sys-21xxx but don't specify which one.
Anyway I have not see that bug in the last ROM I'm using now this last week.
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-05-2010 at 05:57 AM. Reason: enhanced my questions