Old 04-15-2010, 12:43 AM
Procter
PPCGeeks Regular

Procter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4/11/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21898 / 23557 | Lite & Standard Versions]

Quote:

Yes, GPS is working great! Thanks again for all your support. All that frustration for a hardware issue.
Do like the Black and Grey (in/out) highlights in SMS.
Noticed the font size was not changing as well…. Maybe it can be fixed? My eyes are good and prefer it smaller (probably opposite for you my friend)

What is the GPS problem you had? I've always had a problem with this ROM (starting from the earlier version until the March version) that the GPS software (igo8 to be specific) could not lock any satellite from time to time. I had to download the gps file from quickgps almost every time (even though I might just download it a day ago, with the file still valid for another 5-6 days) I tried to use igo8, otherwise the damn thing could not get any signal. This is super annoying. I've tried both standard and lite version 218** sys, both failed.

Also, the unresponsive d-pad thing still haunted me. When I use outlook or an e-book reader called Haali reader, the "up" and "enter" button on d-pad comes unresponsive after a few pushes (they may work for the first couple of touches, but almost always stop working after that).