PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 10:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2
Carrier: Sprint

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5/20/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21904 / 23569 | GTX / Original / MikROM Theme]

I'm trying to activate a used Diamond for my daughter, I installed this rom first, but the phone codes won't let me into programming mode...any suggestions other than reverting back to stock rom?
Old 05-25-2010, 10:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff
Re: [5/20/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21904 / 23569 | GTX / Original / MikROM Theme]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
I'm trying to activate a used Diamond for my daughter, I installed this rom first, but the phone codes won't let me into programming mode...any suggestions other than reverting back to stock rom?
I think you'll need to flash back to stock to activate the Diamond. The problem lies with the ported GSM Leo Dialer included in some custom CDMA Diamond ROM versions. If you back up your current ROM first with something like Spb, it will be easier to reload once you have the unit activated, and have made any changes you want to the Slot Cycle Index etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
im sorry to all u guys having sod's...
im sure its only happening in the 23569 sys and probably not in the roms with my skin.
with my roms sys 6.5 will always be the "better" one just cuz that the one i use everyday and actually notice what to fix or figure out how to fix things.
sys 6.5.x started as an experiment cuz people were asking for it, it was never meant to be best 6.5.x rom out there... as far as sys 6.5, im sure the roms are very good and stable.
i will be switching to evo soon... so byebye to WM which is a little shame cuz im hoping i could get android 2.2 on the evo as fast as possible for multi language support.
again... sorry about the 6.5.x roms... there is nothing i can really do about bettering them as much as i can since i dont use them and not familiar with all the tweaks and such that can be done to/with it.
as far as 6.5 roms... i've been using 21903 until i uploaded 21904 after switching to 21904.
i never had a single SOD... one time when my batt was low the phone turned off... but we all know thats not an SOD.
i dont use any special method to flash... i just do it right over the previous one i had... which is always the version im putting up for u guys to download minus a few apps(just like mikrom light).
anyways... having said all that... i still can't fix the 6.5.x xt9 issue, im really not sure what did it since it works perfect on 6.5.
ill upload newer versions of the rom later this upcoming weeks... hopefully a new sys will be out before i get my evo... and then i can hopefully give u guys a good last rom and sys update.
Thanks amikam for all your great ROM work, help, and any future updates.

In regard to the SOD issues, the 23569 version with your personal skin, is the one I've been running since it's release. The SOD problem was not present here in your earlier 6.5.5 MikROM skin versions, including 23563 and 23566. I'm guessing it's something that changed in the 23569 release. And again, the SOD lock up problem has only happened a few times here so far, and only on my Diamond with a clean install of 23569. My other Diamond that was just flashed strait to it from 23566, then reloaded with all my programs via Spb upgrade mode, has been fine, and both have the same programs and Sense mods etc... Anyway, not sure what else it could be, besides something in the 23569 sys.

Best to all,
R
Old 05-25-2010, 11:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

seahurst is a n00b

I finally got a SOD today. As I recall, I was in a building with very low to no signal.
Those of you with lots of SODs happening to you, are you in an area with very low/no signal ?

It's just a guess and I am hoping developers could use the info to debug the problem. I am on 21904 original.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

ICantAffordIt is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahurst View Post
I finally got a SOD today. As I recall, I was in a building with very low to no signal.
Those of you with lots of SODs happening to you, are you in an area with very low/no signal ?

It's just a guess and I am hoping developers could use the info to debug the problem. I am on 21904 original.
I am on the May 20 219xx MikRom and I still get SOD's almost daily... but I almost always get them in my home which has very low signal... you may be on to something here.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICantAffordIt View Post
I am on the May 20 219xx MikRom and I still get SOD's almost daily... but I almost always get them in my home which has very low signal... you may be on to something here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahurst View Post

i know u guys might like or dpnt like what i got to say... but...
maybe switch to home only mode from phone settings or change the roaming setting to ask for permission just to see if that will fix it... there could be something strange with the way that roaming is setup to work.... i cant see what might cause it to be the cause of SOD's but u guys might really be on to something here.
also u could try roaming only mod to see if roaming is the issue.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 05-26-2010, 10:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

ICantAffordIt is just getting started

I switched my phone to home only. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

Dex2 is just getting started

Decided to give the 21xxx May 20th GTX version a try and found out that I like it. I have always been a 6.5x person,but found it to always kind of slow for me. Keep up the great Amikam.

Btw, I only had one sod so far,but been having issues with my data network. every time I want to update my weather, it ask me to login. I just click ok ,but it is pretty unusual. I am on sprint. In addition I notice that there is two wifi icons in the connection settings.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

icewolfe06 is a n00b

im running 5/20 21904 before removing locker it was SOD anywhere from 2 min to 2 hts constantly. Now it does it every hour or so. The low signal may be something as well. The 4/20 23563 with locker ran great and very few sods. Ive tried reflashing / not loading programs / flashing to stock first. Always doing a hard reset before using. No luck so far. thanks
Old 05-27-2010, 12:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
i know u guys might like or dpnt like what i got to say... but...
maybe switch to home only mode from phone settings or change the roaming setting to ask for permission just to see if that will fix it... there could be something strange with the way that roaming is setup to work.... i cant see what might cause it to be the cause of SOD's but u guys might really be on to something here.
also u could try roaming only mod to see if roaming is the issue.
A low signal may very well be the cause of the few SOD issues here. As mentioned in my previous posts, the SOD problem has only happened a few times since 23569 was released. Plus, it's only occurred when the Diamond is connected to the usb charging cable, fully charged, and has been sitting for hours without any use. If the problem becomes more prevalent, I'll try forcing 1x, roaming, or putting the unit in flight mode when charging overnight. Many thanks to amikam and everyone else that posted about a low signal possibly being the cause.

Best to all,
R

Last edited by rhacy; 05-27-2010 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

ok, so a final release should comeup soon... 21905 is out.
also, i made manila files smaller and everything that has to do with images on the phone in general... which means faster.
im still im the process of making the images smaller... so far... it is faster (also, there is more rom cleared, so 80mb free after flash... which is at least 5-10 mb gained).
i hope a newer sys will comeup for 6.5.x soon so i can update that sys also with the hope that this time it will work better.
expect an update in a day or two.

Last edited by amikam; 05-27-2010 at 06:03 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development