View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 10:31 PM
rhacy
Regular 'Geeker

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5/20/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21904 / 23569 | GTX / Original / MikROM Theme]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
I'm trying to activate a used Diamond for my daughter, I installed this rom first, but the phone codes won't let me into programming mode...any suggestions other than reverting back to stock rom?
I think you'll need to flash back to stock to activate the Diamond. The problem lies with the ported GSM Leo Dialer included in some custom CDMA Diamond ROM versions. If you back up your current ROM first with something like Spb, it will be easier to reload once you have the unit activated, and have made any changes you want to the Slot Cycle Index etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
im sorry to all u guys having sod's...
im sure its only happening in the 23569 sys and probably not in the roms with my skin.
with my roms sys 6.5 will always be the "better" one just cuz that the one i use everyday and actually notice what to fix or figure out how to fix things.
sys 6.5.x started as an experiment cuz people were asking for it, it was never meant to be best 6.5.x rom out there... as far as sys 6.5, im sure the roms are very good and stable.
i will be switching to evo soon... so byebye to WM which is a little shame cuz im hoping i could get android 2.2 on the evo as fast as possible for multi language support.
again... sorry about the 6.5.x roms... there is nothing i can really do about bettering them as much as i can since i dont use them and not familiar with all the tweaks and such that can be done to/with it.
as far as 6.5 roms... i've been using 21903 until i uploaded 21904 after switching to 21904.
i never had a single SOD... one time when my batt was low the phone turned off... but we all know thats not an SOD.
i dont use any special method to flash... i just do it right over the previous one i had... which is always the version im putting up for u guys to download minus a few apps(just like mikrom light).
anyways... having said all that... i still can't fix the 6.5.x xt9 issue, im really not sure what did it since it works perfect on 6.5.
ill upload newer versions of the rom later this upcoming weeks... hopefully a new sys will be out before i get my evo... and then i can hopefully give u guys a good last rom and sys update.
Thanks amikam for all your great ROM work, help, and any future updates.

In regard to the SOD issues, the 23569 version with your personal skin, is the one I've been running since it's release. The SOD problem was not present here in your earlier 6.5.5 MikROM skin versions, including 23563 and 23566. I'm guessing it's something that changed in the 23569 release. And again, the SOD lock up problem has only happened a few times here so far, and only on my Diamond with a clean install of 23569. My other Diamond that was just flashed strait to it from 23566, then reloaded with all my programs via Spb upgrade mode, has been fine, and both have the same programs and Sense mods etc... Anyway, not sure what else it could be, besides something in the 23569 sys.

Best to all,
R