PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPrem View Post
Set the Page Pool to 16. I believe the default PP of 20 is too high and eats away the RAM. When I had the GTX Roms running at the 20 Page Pool, I would get a lot of freezes and automatic shut downs of running programs. The recommended 12 Page Pool felt somewhat slow to me. 16 is the sweet spot.
Thanks,

Where does this setting live? I set up locking as per some instructions recently but still have the screen coming on with a funny app at strange times.....
Old 01-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
Just wanted to say goodbye to this thread and acquaintances made along the way. I'm changing phones.

Thank you Energy for many wasted hours. J/k (true though)...I enjoy it
What did you decide to get? Am on the fence..... am also with Sprint..... not a big selection.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Lurker

jellysweep is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Anyone have a solution for getting threaded outlook working in either of these builds? It was included by default in the 23XXX builds.. but there is no "sort by conversations" option in either of these. I tried both. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Exit24 is keeping up the good workExit24 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPrem View Post
Set the Page Pool to 16. I believe the default PP of 20 is too high and eats away the RAM. When I had the GTX Roms running at the 20 Page Pool, I would get a lot of freezes and automatic shut downs of running programs. The recommended 12 Page Pool felt somewhat slow to me. 16 is the sweet spot.
Ok, thanks. I'll give it and shot and let you know how it works.

I don't see Cookie 1.8.5 anymore. Was it discontinued?

EDIT: Never mind, I see that NRG had problems uploading some of the ROM's.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

PapaPrem is keeping up the good workPapaPrem is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Thanks,

Where does this setting live? I set up locking as per some instructions recently but still have the screen coming on with a funny app at strange times.....

No problem. The Page Pool needs to be set on the RHODIMG.nbh file itself using the PagePool_Changer.exe application, which might already be in your ROM folder. I know NRG has included it recently with his ROM's. If not, you can download it from the paper clip cabs folder associated with this thread: PagePool_Changer_2.21.zip
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

PapaPrem is keeping up the good workPapaPrem is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit24 View Post
Ok, thanks. I'll give it and shot and let you know how it works.

I don't see Cookie 1.8.5 anymore. Was it discontinued?

EDIT: Never mind, I see that NRG had problems uploading some of the ROM's.

Sure thing! I'm currently using one of NRG's older GTX ROM's (Energy.RHODCDMA.23673.Sense2.5.Cookie.GTX.Jul.24) . I tried the Energy.RHODCDMA.29007.Sense2.5.Cookie.GTX.Dec.27 ROM using a Page Pool of 20. However, I feel like the July 24 ROM runs a bit faster using a PagePool of 16. Only thing is, NRG's ROM's prior to October aren't configured with NRG's excellent RAM saving Start Menu options. However, I believe you can always remove the original start menu later.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
To add, are you using a cell phone holster with a magnetic latch? If so when you slide your phone by the latch it can think you are opening the keyboard and unlock your phone.
I dont think anyone has figured out how to turn the slide keyboard to unlock feature off on these phones.
Good point. I was actually at the store today looking for a holdter that does not use a magnetic flap because the one I have also turns my phone on, however, I have not used it in a long time. Sure wish I had my cheap HTC velcro holster back. It really was good.

As far as the subway goes, I guess it depends on where you are and if they broadcast cell signals in the tubes. AFIK, if you are getting intermittent signal in the tubes then it will cause your screen to come on whenever your phone dtects a new signal.

David
Old 01-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Hmmmm.

For the first time I think I may flash back. I have been running the jan 6 29007 CHT 2.0 and have been having all sorts of problems which is quite unusual for me.

I seem to be missing lots of texts, texts (not MMS) are not sending and I went all day without receiving any emails only to arrive home and have a full inbox.

my tp also seems a bit laggy inspite of being overclocked at 748. Freezing at the lockscreen...well, a semi-lockscreen and I'm getting a garbled landscape screen if I slide the KB out before unlocking.

Of course I've done all the wiping and carrier provisioning so I'm not sure whats going on. I've had to reset several times which is not typical for NRG and my phone.

So, tomorrow being my last day of break before I go back to grad school - and disappear from the NRG forums again - I may go ahead and flash stock and start over again and see what happens. I had been on the Christmas ROM prior and it as working great.

hmmmm

David
Old 01-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
Just wanted to say goodbye to this thread and acquaintances made along the way. I'm changing phones.

Thank you Energy for many wasted hours. J/k (true though)...I enjoy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
What did you decide to get? Am on the fence..... am also with Sprint..... not a big selection.
switched to the Epic. Reason being... 4G is in my area

It meant I had to increase my plan from sero to sero premium ($30/500 min to $50/500 min)

So knowing I wanted 4G (despite it being $20 a month more), I had 3 choices: Shift/Evo/Epic

The local corporate sprint store was really slow yesterday so I actually pulled a chair up to the display that had these 3 phones. I spent a hour and 1/2 testing all three. This is what it boiled down to:

Evo (I ranked this 3rd): Blazing fast stock compared to tp2 tweaked, ability to use all the nice new android apps, froyo with flash, new Google maps, better gmail interface, huge screen, I think I can go back to skyfire, thinner, reminds me of an iphone dimensionally, no keyboard

Epic (I bought). I got it for $199 after rebate. Unbelieveable screen, I knew I could root it and upgrade to Froyo with flash, KEYBOARD (it was tough to decide against the thinner evo), SCREEN QUALITY (the main reasons: amazing: bright and stunning). Speedwise the hummingbird is better than the evo's snapdragon.. speedier graphics processor. It's got no HTC sense but I think I can come up with some widgets to look pretty close to HTC's home screen. Keyboard.

Shift: This phone had just arrived. I'll tell you I wasn't even considering it until I tried it. I was impressed but not enough. It did come with Froyo OTB. Doing normal stuff it's as fast as the other two but it feels really good in your hand. The screen is still bigger than the TP2 but it feels smaller (and really nice). How it felt in my hand was the only reason for it's consideration. It too had a keyboard, but in the end it's screen was ... well... just not Samsung AMOLED.

All in all: all three are the same speed... I mean in terms of everyday use. It's benchmarking and processor intense stuff that you only notice slight differences in.

My advice:
-If you're happy with your touch pro 2, keep it.. it's a terrific phone
-If you don't have 4G in you're area.. it's worth keeping sero
-If you want to switch: If you're ok without a keyboard, get the evo
-If you want a keyboard.. decide if the form factor of the shift out weighs the Epics advantages

It's all personal preferences

Last edited by pdappcgeek; 01-10-2011 at 10:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 13| 21916|29005 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
I moved wifey to 29005 from a June ROM! (Cookie 2 regular flavor, but running mskips win7 SPB theme with IPT checked in settings/home.. SOLID, I wouldn't move her if it wasn't solid... as my ear would hurt way toooooo much. I did run Cookie 2 for a couple days, built from scratch, perfect... but again, uses too much RAM for me.

(would hit you up with a couple more also powinmo but am out for the day... :>)) love your content, keep up the good work
*edit 2* hehe, they gave me at least one more... gotta get you on the board powinmo..
How's the significant other liking the updates you pushed to their device? I still have mine on an older Oct.25 CHT185 ROM, thinking of moving them to Dec.27 unless NRGZ releases a Jan.6 CHT185 one sometime soon. His tweets indicated he may/not do a CHT185 for this batch of ROMs. I really hope he rotates a consistent set of CHT185 releases until CHT2 finally stabilizes.

Appreciate the "Thanks". I have to remember to give those back as well, esp now that XDA has something similar implemented finally.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development