View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 10:20 PM
pdappcgeek
Regular 'Geeker

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
Just wanted to say goodbye to this thread and acquaintances made along the way. I'm changing phones.

Thank you Energy for many wasted hours. J/k (true though)...I enjoy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
What did you decide to get? Am on the fence..... am also with Sprint..... not a big selection.
switched to the Epic. Reason being... 4G is in my area

It meant I had to increase my plan from sero to sero premium ($30/500 min to $50/500 min)

So knowing I wanted 4G (despite it being $20 a month more), I had 3 choices: Shift/Evo/Epic

The local corporate sprint store was really slow yesterday so I actually pulled a chair up to the display that had these 3 phones. I spent a hour and 1/2 testing all three. This is what it boiled down to:

Evo (I ranked this 3rd): Blazing fast stock compared to tp2 tweaked, ability to use all the nice new android apps, froyo with flash, new Google maps, better gmail interface, huge screen, I think I can go back to skyfire, thinner, reminds me of an iphone dimensionally, no keyboard

Epic (I bought). I got it for $199 after rebate. Unbelieveable screen, I knew I could root it and upgrade to Froyo with flash, KEYBOARD (it was tough to decide against the thinner evo), SCREEN QUALITY (the main reasons: amazing: bright and stunning). Speedwise the hummingbird is better than the evo's snapdragon.. speedier graphics processor. It's got no HTC sense but I think I can come up with some widgets to look pretty close to HTC's home screen. Keyboard.

Shift: This phone had just arrived. I'll tell you I wasn't even considering it until I tried it. I was impressed but not enough. It did come with Froyo OTB. Doing normal stuff it's as fast as the other two but it feels really good in your hand. The screen is still bigger than the TP2 but it feels smaller (and really nice). How it felt in my hand was the only reason for it's consideration. It too had a keyboard, but in the end it's screen was ... well... just not Samsung AMOLED.

All in all: all three are the same speed... I mean in terms of everyday use. It's benchmarking and processor intense stuff that you only notice slight differences in.

My advice:
-If you're happy with your touch pro 2, keep it.. it's a terrific phone
-If you don't have 4G in you're area.. it's worth keeping sero
-If you want to switch: If you're ok without a keyboard, get the evo
-If you want a keyboard.. decide if the form factor of the shift out weighs the Epics advantages

It's all personal preferences

Last edited by pdappcgeek; 01-10-2011 at 10:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.