PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Interesting, ill do that. sprint guy said there was 6 stickers within the phone. ill look.
i don't know how many stores are in your area, i would try another. it's just so crazy how the policy changes from store to store and city to city.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i don't know how many stores are in your area, i would try another. it's just so crazy how the policy changes from store to store and city to city.
Aint that the truth. Think ill head back to one on Friday, and have 'em open it and show me liquid damage. There's no way in heck i got it wet. I admit, ive had it in the bathroom while taking a shower to play music, but nothing over 5-7 mins, and only a handful of times. Theres alot of stores here in the milwaukee area. At least 3 repair centers, and lots of little ones in stripmalls. Ill check more out.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

halo9909 is a n00b

This is different so if I bought a palm pre from ebay nothing with sprint could i activate it on a sero line?
Old 11-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

TOTALLY wrong place to ask that question, seriously... however i will try to answer, if the palm pre is SPRINT branded and CLEAN, i think you can (dont quote, as i dont remember if the pre is one that required a special data plan) but not sure about the sero specifically

back to the topic, I have called and called, its on backorder like crazy, going to different stores isnt going to help you at the moment, i just call the support line once a day or once every other day and ask if the touch pro 2 is in stock, its been backorderd for the past week+ i have tried (different for total-protection as their stock is separate from sprint)

NOW if someone can post here when they are no longer backorderd! OR! asuerion no longer has any TP's to send out then im sure those of us with TRUE TP issues (my next will be my 6th one unless i get the TP2, 3keyboards, 1screen, 2overheat+RANDOMshutoff) can get ourself's a TP2

keep in mind i personally wouldnt mind keeping the TP except for the fact that it never seems to last more then a month before it breaks and i take SUPREME care of my tech (the invizishield guys will no longer replace my phoneshield, i have a hard shell as well and i have stretched the ouch to fit the phone+hardcase inside)...

Mogul > TP for me... i know others had worse luck with the mogul but i only ever had 2 replacements for the Mogul... the screen and its huge white spots... (on a note... a piece of electrical tape on my 3rd to make sure this didnt happen, between the screen and the circuits that lay on the back prevented my 3rd from having the huge white spot on the screen as well!)

GG GL HF
Old 11-26-2009, 01:17 AM
tok
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stuff

Ok guys, here is another update... As you might remember my local store (3rd party repair center) promised me a TP2 since a month ago, to then deny that it ever happened. Well, today I walked in to a REAL Sprint Store (just 5 minutes away from my local store!), explained the issues with the phone, and the tech immediately told me that the Touch Pro is known by Sprint to be a "defective handset" and that I "must" upgrade to a TP2, Blackberry, or some other non-touch HTC phone (he didn't even give me the option of a regular Touch Pro). I chose the TP2 expecting the usual "out of stock" once he checked... but he put the order through with no issues, and told me the store will receive the replacement after the holidays for me to come and pick up. He also gave a printed Sprint receipt showing the Touch Pro 2 as a replacement and a case number.
Now I DO think that it actually makes a difference which store you go to. I saw with my own eyes when my local 3rd party store showed me the out of stock message for all level 4 and 5 replacements for the TP2. I guess that real Sprint stores can order from a different source, maybe the retail one? Will post back once I get the actual phone next week!
Old 11-26-2009, 03:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: cingular

aznajoe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tok View Post
Ok guys, here is another update... As you might remember my local store (3rd party repair center) promised me a TP2 since a month ago, to then deny that it ever happened. Well, today I walked in to a REAL Sprint Store (just 5 minutes away from my local store!), explained the issues with the phone, and the tech immediately told me that the Touch Pro is known by Sprint to be a "defective handset" and that I "must" upgrade to a TP2, Blackberry, or some other non-touch HTC phone (he didn't even give me the option of a regular Touch Pro). I chose the TP2 expecting the usual "out of stock" once he checked... but he put the order through with no issues, and told me the store will receive the replacement after the holidays for me to come and pick up. He also gave a printed Sprint receipt showing the Touch Pro 2 as a replacement and a case number.
Now I DO think that it actually makes a difference which store you go to. I saw with my own eyes when my local 3rd party store showed me the out of stock message for all level 4 and 5 replacements for the TP2. I guess that real Sprint stores can order from a different source, maybe the retail one? Will post back once I get the actual phone next week!
Well went to a local non corporate store today and they were also able to order the TP2 to replace my defective TP. I have more then one line with TP that are defective so I also called the 800 number and asked for tech support. Told them what was going on and they told me they were going to ship me a TP2. So I have 2 TP2 on the way. Hopefully they come after thanksgiving...something to be thankful for...
Old 11-26-2009, 07:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

CaliforniaPlaya is just getting started

Had an interesting experience in a repair center today. I was there requesting my third repair/exchange within a month. First one dead keyboard, second one dead screen, third one two days later dead keyboard. The lady I brought it to told me she wants to get me out of this phone and into something better like a Pro2 (I got my hopes up there for a second), but that they are not authorized at store level to swap a phone out with something else. She asked if it was alright if she would call customer service and I explain to them the problems I was having, let them know I am in a corporate store at them moment and they are requesting the Pro to be switched to a different device. I told her that would be fine.

So she picked up the stores phone, dialed a number, and then asked for advanced exchange (I think this is what we know as retentions) and then gave me the phone. I sat there listening to crappy hold music for about 20 minutes. Finally someone answered, asked for phone # and explanation of the problem with the phone. I also told her that I was currently in a store and that they requested for me to call as they are not authorized to switch to a different type of device. She then asked me what type of phone I wanted to switch to. But before I got a chance to answer, she said the Pro2 is the newer model similar to what I have. I told her thats what I wanted. She then asked to speak to the person in the store that was helping me. All she said was "no", "no", "ok, thank you", and handed the phone back to me. I assume the rep on the phone asked if they have the Pro2 in stock, but not sure. She then told me that she was creating an order for me for a Pro2 and I should have it in a couple of business days - think thats gonna be about five days right now with the holiday. So, I'll see what I get when I get it. Hopefully it works out better than the TP.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

way to reply to my own post from before!

the stock they get the TP2 from is the same!

ANYWAY, so about 2 hours after i made the post above i called, calmly explained my problem to the first person i talked to, then got xferd to the adv department as talked about by the other guy who replied below me, and while talking to the kind lady i was told i got lucky because their was 16 in stock at the end of the call (BE NICE YELLING WILL GET YOU NOWHERE) she said their was now only 9, so NO it doesn't really matter what store (unless the people are aholes) for stock but when it happens!

my TP2 is on its way!
Old 11-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Abicio is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
way to reply to my own post from before!

the stock they get the TP2 from is the same!

ANYWAY, so about 2 hours after i made the post above i called, calmly explained my problem to the first person i talked to, then got xferd to the adv department as talked about by the other guy who replied below me, and while talking to the kind lady i was told i got lucky because their was 16 in stock at the end of the call (BE NICE YELLING WILL GET YOU NOWHERE) she said their was now only 9, so NO it doesn't really matter what store (unless the people are aholes) for stock but when it happens!

my TP2 is on its way!
Have you had multiple replacements on your TP yet? I have and whenever I call in they tell me I must go to the store due to the number of replacements I've had.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: cingular

aznajoe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abicio View Post
Have you had multiple replacements on your TP yet? I have and whenever I call in they tell me I must go to the store due to the number of replacements I've had.
They tried o pull that shit on me as well...however I told them the sprint store was 50 miles away from me and that's I've been there a number of times and they were able to get someone to help me and was able to do an advance service over the phone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro