PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 10:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

bradgordie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

It's not like Sprint doesn't know about these sites. Was just trying to confirm the validity of what was posted. Was pretty sure they were going to respond exactly the way they did and so did everyone on here.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:29 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
the purpose of this post is to add support for the opening post. what some of you guys and gals have to remember is that every sprint account is different and every situation is different. what works for some will not work for others. but the sprint tech i talked with says sprint is exchanging the tp for several models, including but only if in stock, the tp2. there are no magic words or phrases that you can say that will get you a tp2. it is solely up to the sprint store or customer service. the one thing i can say is that if you've had multiple replacements, your chances are high. but for those just looking for a free upgrade, keep in mind that if you do get an exchange and your tp isn't broken, you will be charged up to $119 according to the e-ticket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradgordie View Post
It's not like Sprint doesn't know about these sites. Was just trying to confirm the validity of what was posted. Was pretty sure they were going to respond exactly the way they did and so did everyone on here.
it's just a matter of reading and searching. i read this entire thread and then i tried it. i didn't go into a sprint store and then pull up this site to show that others was doing it. that's how things get shut down or stopped completely. if this was for the general public, sprint would've put an ad in the paper. please, for future references, leave the site out!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I received my refurbished TP last Wed, and have had nothing but problems. Freezing, keyboard not working, not charging, and an unannounced hard reboot. A total of 5 hard reboots in 10 days.

After multiple discussions and emails with a dan@sprint rep, 4 calls to customer service, 2 discussions with customer service supervisors, and calls to 4 different stores, I have finally been ordered a TP2 as a replacement, and am waiting for the phone call to pick it up! Every step of the way I was given a different story. No two people I talked to gave me the same information.

There is no magic phrase or combination of problems. There is no set number of replacements needed. The only advice I can give you all is be honest (stop trying to scam the system), be calm and polite (yelling and getting rude will not get you anywhere), play dumb (they know what they can do, they have to WANT to do it for you), and be patient (try try again).

Good Luck Everyone!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:27 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

and you got your tp2 through phone? chat? or store?

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 11-01-2009, 01:29 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
and you got your tp2 through phone? chat? or store?
definately NOT echat, please don't go there! not sure how much of this thread you've read, but *2 or going to a repair center is the way to go! (don't take that wrong)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:31 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
definately NOT echat, please don't go there! not sure how much of this thread you've read, but *2 or going to a repair center is the way to go! (don't take that wrong)
there's only 2 stores that are local to me. and one store fixed my keyboard but i can still replicate the issue. the other store, i have yet to try... as for CS i didn't bother calling them yet
Old 11-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i got mine ordered over the phone with a repair center
Old 11-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

wake up this morning, TP is off and on the charger, last night two random soft resets, is this normal? I am getting fed up!
Old 11-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

here is my story: hopefully it will be usefull for someone: i went to quite a few stores with different sories received(offerred all snap, bb, other crappy phones) i even asked directly at last two stores if i could exchange for TP2 and was denied on the spot both times(one girl rep even said quite angrily that its not possible to exchange tp for tp2 and never will be). Finally i gave up and just decided to stick with my beloved TP so i just went to closest sprint corp store(not 3rd party) and insisted that they fix it and not replace with crap phone or another TP. They fixed the keyboard and i was happy off. 2 Days later keyboard died again, went to same store again - fixed. about 5 days later the screen just got stuck in landscape mode, went to same store again and repair guy(same one that fixed it 2se before) told me i should really get a replacement since my TP's inside ribbon was quite worn out(his words), i said no way i dont want crappy snap and such, he said - what about if i can get you new(not refurbished) TP? i said no again since i have screen protector on mine and didnt feel like buying new one, rep said said what about if i can get you refurbished TP2? i said no again, he looked on computer again and asked what about bnib TP2? i said no just fix my damn TP i am tired of coming here. He went on back again and said he will try to fix it, 40 mins later he came out and said that unfortunatly my TP is beyond repair. I was quite mad at that point and he called the repair manager, that guy was very cool and we made a deal - i exchange my Tp for BNIB TP2 + Plantronics BT set(one thats $139 at sprint store). I finally got fed up and took the deal. When i picked it up the next day the same manager told me about HTC Spartan(leo/HD2) will be available for current TP owners as the replacement by christmas of this year. Damn i should have refused but oh well i will just buy HD2 when it comes out and sell TP2 on ebay i guess. My point is if you dont mention the replacement for TP2 and just want to have your TP fixed - eventually u will be offered TP2 as replacement and even BNIB! I wonder if anyone read this whole post, my bet is a no

When you can tether for free?: D

Last edited by pesok; 11-01-2009 at 01:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:34 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
When i picked it up the next day the same manager told me about HTC Spartan(leo/HD2) will be available for current TP owners as the replacement by christmas of this year. Damn i should have refused but oh well i will just buy HD2 when it comes out and sell TP2 on ebay i guess.
HMM... i have yet to hear any leaks about hd2 on sprint

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro