PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocochannel View Post
QUOTE:and u get a life. NEXT
lol..really now? You asked for advice. I gave some. Sorry if what I offered did not suit your quest for a free upgrade. If you would like a TP2 so badly, go buy one.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tj78492 is a n00b

Quote:
QUOTE: "Use the phone. Be happy, you got a NIB. If it breaks, then worry."

and u get a life. NEXT
Dip the new phone in salt water for 5 minutes, the salt will keep the water damage detectors from going off, while still breaking the phone
Old 11-21-2009, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cocochannel is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
lol..really now? You asked for advice. I gave some. Sorry if what I offered did not suit your quest for a free upgrade. If you would like a TP2 so badly, go buy one.
this thread has a title and has 172 pages. if you dont like that idea dont come waste people's time in here. peace
Old 11-21-2009, 01:46 AM
Almost a VIP

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
this thread has a title and has 172 pages. if you dont like that idea dont come waste people's time in here. peace
What idea? I have no problem with Sprint offering people with multiple faulty TP1's a replacement. THAT is what this thread has been about. I'm guessing you haven't read it much, because if you had you would already know what the requirements are and ways to have your faulty TP1 replaced..BUT your problem is you have a NIB device?? Please.. There is no sense in continuing this little battle of wits with you because judging by your responses you don't have any..peace
Old 11-21-2009, 02:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

CAphoneSTUD is a n00b

The TP1 is clearly a defective device. Mine is extremely lightly used and in perfect condition yet I had a life threatening situation where the phone completely failed me. Whether new or not, replacing one defective phone with another defective phone is not a solution, it merely prolongs the problem.

If it were a car with this many defects, it would've been recalled.

When a product that people rely upon does not perform it should be recalled or replaced.

Not sure why there is so much anger and venom erupting in this thread. We are all frustrated by the situation. I've read all 176 pages of posts. A little kindess in this cold world goes a long way.

My 2 cents

Add $1.00 and buy a root beer.

Last edited by CAphoneSTUD; 11-21-2009 at 02:42 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:27 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAphoneSTUD View Post
The TP1 is clearly a defective device. Mine is extremely lightly used and in perfect condition yet I had a life threatening situation where the phone completely failed me. Whether new or not, replacing one defective phone with another defective phone is not a solution, it merely prolongs the problem.

If it were a car with this many defects, it would've been recalled.

When a product that people rely upon does not perform it should be recalled or replaced.

Not sure why there is so much anger and venom erupting in this thread. We are all frustrated by the situation. I've read all 176 pages of posts. A little kindess in this cold world goes a long way.

My 2 cents

Add $1.00 and buy a root beer.
While I hear your point, we are talking cell phones here..not cars. I think it's awful nice of Sprint to replace the phone for you if you're someone who has has a history of broken devices. I'm sorry your phone failed you in a time of life or death. I hope you sold that TP and moved on to another device. I'm just surprised at how some people will really go out of their way to get a free upgrade. Personally I like having a Touch Pro. It works most of the time and as soon as there is a problem, I call Sprint and they sent me a new one. Heck, this month I'm on my 2nd scratch free and shiny phone! lol..Never have to worry about them too much cause another one will be here in a week . Maybe one day Sprint will replace it with a TP2..maybe not. I don't care..At any rate, the only point I was trying to make to Coco was to just wait it out. Don't be so proactive to snatch up a new TP2. Sprint gave him/her a NIB replacement. I merely suggested using that phone till something goes wrong. Sooner or later something might and that's just one more thing in your favor to move on to another device..BUT, maybe the NIB TP1 will work fine and an upgrade wouldn't be needed. Would that really be so bad? Isn't that what we are after? A working TP1? That's the phone we purchased after all.. Sorry, it's Friday night and I'm bored.

Last edited by mulhiny; 11-21-2009 at 03:35 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yeah, I think the best advice is to be patient and not expect anything from Sprint. Be glad they are replacing your phone. Be happier if the replacement is a TP2.
I think most people get mad when they were expecting a TP2 and got another TP1.

Just my $0.02. Back to Saturday morning cartoons- or the lack of them these days. Now that should be a rant!!!
Old 11-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

willielumpx2 is a n00b

Better business burea
Old 11-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

hvacmike is a n00b

I took my 2nd tp1 to the sprint store last nite. I was offered 4 other phones to replace it but did not want one. Blackberry something, htc snap, treo pro and a palm pre. I asked if i could get a Hero but was told no. I will be getting another tp1 in 3-5 days.

I though about the pre, but then i can not use the apps i have and my garmin xt.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

ajskhan is becoming a great contributor

Just want to make 100% sure as I am not in the business of ripping sprint off, I don't have insurance. My phone's charging port doesn't work well, and its all scratched up, but that isn't merit to get a TP2, correct?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro