PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP1
Carrier: Sprint

wonkalow is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

I am on the SERO plan. If I request a tour, will they just send me the phone without altering my plan? so that I can sell it and buy a pro2.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesd View Post
I'm not happy with my TP1, but it makes and receives calls without too much problem and can do basic web surfing every now and again. The only reason I'm still using it is because of EnergyROM, the stock ROM sucks so bad I would have smashed the phone by now if I still had it.

It really burns my hide that Sprint sells crappy devices for prices that cost more than an entry level laptop. It even burns me more than if the device breaks you get a refurb, and the quality of refurbs I've received have been so poor that I wouldn't give one to my worst enemy.

I'm going to upgrade to the TP2 at some point, but not through an exchange. With HTC and WinMo, it's always necessary to keep a backup device at home ready to be activated in case of device failure.
OR, you could put insurance on your device...
Old 10-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by solewoman View Post
does the wel list expire...like is this only going on for a certain amount of time?

Also the phone is under warranty so when does that expire? contract end date? or the time you got the phone?
The manufacturer warrenty is 1yr from the date you activated your phone.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkalow View Post
I am on the SERO plan. If I request a tour, will they just send me the phone without altering my plan? so that I can sell it and buy a pro2.
Whatever phone you request you will have to activate it on your account, and they will take your current phone.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sexilexi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator03 View Post
anyone in houston try the store on westpark thats where i got my NIB suppose to be here today wooo
Tried the westpark store Sunday. I spoke with mimi she was no help. I would have pushed to speak with other reps, but it was getting close to closing time. I'm gonna try again next time I'm in the area, but until then I'll be hitting up my local corporate store.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

azurecrayon is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator03 View Post
just keep taking your broken ones back or even speed up the breaking process then the tech will order you the next model up sooner or later. The reps have beenm told that WEL list has to have 3 replacements in 6 months or less this is what i have been told by many people that work there.
as i previously posted, this is part of the memo in regards to trading out the tp for tp2:

"Important Note: For this device, customers do not have to meet the exchange minimum level established by our multiple exchange policy to be proactively offered a different replacement model."

so you shouldnt need 3 replacements in 6 months, they can do it at the first servicing if they want to. seems lots of them dont want to or else they just didnt read the whole memo, which is why we are seeing so many variations in replacements.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I emailed Dan@Sprint.com
"What is Sprints official stance on replacing defective HTC Touch Pro devices? Different stores give different answers. A unified message from stores/customer service would go a long way in customer satisfaction."
Old 10-20-2009, 02:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

solewoman is a n00b

i dont think hes gonna answer. but this is bull crap. ppl with actual defective phones cant even get one
Old 10-20-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Plackslayer is just getting started

Yeah I'm without a phone right now and missing a lot of important communications...

This is quite unfortunate. They haven't even gotten me a TP1 as a replacement.
HTC Touch Pro 2 --> Samsung Epic 4G
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Old 10-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solewoman View Post
does the wel list expire...like is this only going on for a certain amount of time?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=318

The Wel changes often but in this case the TP2 should still be at the top of the list but my source has not gotten back to me yet. So I am assuming that they are still not stocked up in the warehouse yet.

I <3 Android

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro