PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850/6900
Carrier: Sprint

Table83 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Sprint really frustrates me sometimes. My keyboard is going again! There are no repair stores around me so I can't bring it to them (83440). Frankly the TP2 is nice and I would love to get that, but I have to wait untill they show up on advanced exchange or Asurion. If the HD2 comes to Sprint and it's good enough without the hard keyboard I will just pay the money to get it. That thing is beautiful.

Here are the links for those who are in similar situations to mine or those who don't want to have to deal with the reps. You must have TEP to use the following sites! The TP2 is not currently listed on the following sites as an exchange, but someday will be. Guess which one it will come to first?

Advanced Exchange: (Free for non damaged beyond repair phones including no liquid damage whatsoever!)https://indirect3.sprint.com/apps/ad...&FROM_SPRINT=Y

Asurion: (Note for this one the deductable is $100 bones. And don't complain and moan about it. They are within their rights to charge you that if your phone is smashed in half! It's insurance, not handouts)
http://www.phoneclaim.com/

Last edited by Table83; 10-17-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

does anyone know if getting one of these through advanced exchange (i guess that's what it's called) will mess up your upgrade eligibility? Just wondering if I could swap this out, and then in a few months if a phone I like comes out I will still have that rebate available. (i'm out of contract now)
Old 10-17-2009, 03:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mindspin is a n00b

I recently had my TP replaced. They couldn't fix mine so they gave me another TP, I didn't bother to ask if i could get the TP2 "didn't want to be disappointed if they said no" nor did they say anything about selecting a different device. TP2 would be nice but its the same as far as specs go isn't it?
Old 10-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx

I quit! I am going to AT&T and joining the iphone. I mean Sprint Stores employees Sucks Cohanes! From disrespecting me and Poor Customer Services....Once my contact is done...I am ghost!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

I hear New York is a terrible place to own a Iphone. Good Luck.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 10-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work

hey one rep on the tec line told me i was absoulutly right and that sprint employees shouldnt be worried about giving a new replacement model to tp owners because SPRINT DOSNT MAKE MONEY OFF THIER PHONES THEY MAKE MONEY OFF CUSTOMERS PHONE PLANS (sprint network) and that i need to get the replacement as soon as possible to be satisfyed then he says hold on let me transfer you to someone who can get that started for you , i was happy with a smile on my face then the next tec got on the line and i was like WTF just happend this guy was telling me there was no such instruction exsisting but he can create a ticket and have me go into a Service repair and they can help me take care of my phone however they may or may not offer you a different phone its up to them. I was like transfer me back to the other guy u as$hole! LOLZ

I guess ill try back on monday.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
I hear New York is a terrible place to own a Iphone. Good Luck.
The way I was treated for the past week...I really don't care lol. I mean Sprint employees are the worst! Def in NYC! Now my TP give it self a Hardset all the time!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

so i've been checking up on the limited success of sprint upgrading customers from the tp to the tp2 and i figured i'd post my experience. i noticed the chrome bezel was cracked a couple days ago and my keyboard was glitchy running silence final so i called *2 and talked to a sprint rep. this is my 4th touch pro as it is and i just figured they'd send me another refurb, instead they told me they aren't authorized to issue phones and that i would have to take it to a sprint service center. took it in yesterday and they said they could fix it, so i scheduled an appt today. i missed the appt and when i got there they were busy. waited like a half hour and the manager/greeter came over to me and said i'd waited long enough and that he'd help me. i mentioned what was wrong, he looked at my file and said he was checking on something. then just comes out and says that they're having problems with tp's and that he had just ordered me a brand new tp2 that will be there monday for me to pick up. i didn't have to mention the wel list or anything about the memo he just straight up offered the tp2. and here i was thinkin about settling for the tour or just a properly functioning tp. now i just wanna figure out a way to get the hero.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 10-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ditbu13oi is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0s View Post
so i've been checking up on the limited success of sprint upgrading customers from the tp to the tp2 and i figured i'd post my experience. i noticed the chrome bezel was cracked a couple days ago and my keyboard was glitchy running silence final so i called *2 and talked to a sprint rep. this is my 4th touch pro as it is and i just figured they'd send me another refurb, instead they told me they aren't authorized to issue phones and that i would have to take it to a sprint service center. took it in yesterday and they said they could fix it, so i scheduled an appt today. i missed the appt and when i got there they were busy. waited like a half hour and the manager/greeter came over to me and said i'd waited long enough and that he'd help me. i mentioned what was wrong, he looked at my file and said he was checking on something. then just comes out and says that they're having problems with tp's and that he had just ordered me a brand new tp2 that will be there monday for me to pick up. i didn't have to mention the wel list or anything about the memo he just straight up offered the tp2. and here i was thinkin about settling for the tour or just a properly functioning tp. now i just wanna figure out a way to get the hero.
Lucky you, a brand new one huh? For all you TP owners, they are OOS right now. You don't have to mention the memo at all because the moment they look up your file and see you have a tp, they will offer you a replacement or another TP. They have an order of phones to go through first. So the next replacement phone would be a HTC Snap, THEN a TP 2 after that you gotta switch your SERO for the BB Tour which would be after the TP 2. So you my friend are lucky, because the brand spankin new TP2 are all the way at the bottom which of course they have plenty in stock.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)

takimaki is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuzinBucksBx View Post
I quit! I am going to AT&T and joining the iphone. I mean Sprint Stores employees Sucks Cohanes! From disrespecting me and Poor Customer Services....Once my contact is done...I am ghost!!!
Yep, same here, man. Sprint has completely lost my respect. Now I understand why they've been shedding thousands of customers every quarter. I don't know about the iPhone though...or AT&T. Maybe T-Mobile if "project dark" is as good as they say. I'd like a good solid made-in-finland Nokia phone...enough of this Sprint and HTC crap.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro