PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2
Carrier: Sprint

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to aaron580
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho0z View Post
im really considering getting a tour...does anyone know how the battery life is on it?
up to 5 hours talk time according to sprints site

OMJ rom
Godmode kernel tearing fixed
Old 10-16-2009, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Jackietreehorn is a n00b

Ok, so, frustrated.

I'm on my fifth pro since August, and have had it in three times in the past two days. Yesterday morning they replaced the keyboard and confirmed that it was way too warm for doing essentially nothing, so they replaced the battery (offered a BB or Snap before they even looked at it, declined as these are both downgrades for me). This is all fine by me until, two hours later, the exact same things are happening (keyboard only working 1/2 the time, phone very hot in pocket with nothing running). Take it to another store, they test it for well over an hour and tell me there's nothing wrong at all (which I can't entirely fault them for, the keyboard DOES work sometimes).

Well, today I wake up and it locked up overnight while charging and discharged the entire battery. I get it charging again, and when I take it off the charger to make a call, keyboard is completely dead (doesn't even light up), and it's stuck in landscape mode, in addition to being not just warm, but hot.

So, take it in again, and a little over an hour later, the keyboard is fixed and it again works in portrait. Tech did verify that it was out and out hot when it came in, and warmed while being worked on, but says that it's not a replaceable issue (which I'd even been inclined to agree with if it wasn't freezing up and not charging because of it).

Home now, and the keyboard has only worked on 4 of the 5 texts I've gone to send. /sigh

I don't want another refurb TP (went through three of them in a combined four days), I just want something that works. If my TP would behave and work, I'd even be ok with that, but of course ideally I'd like a TP2.

Ugh, ok, now that I've vented...

Also, maybe this is a stupid question, but how can you tell if it's third party or corporate (on the website or what?)
Old 10-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aaron580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackietreehorn View Post
Ok, so, frustrated.

I'm on my fifth pro since August, and have had it in three times in the past two days. Yesterday morning they replaced the keyboard and confirmed that it was way too warm for doing essentially nothing, so they replaced the battery (offered a BB or Snap before they even looked at it, declined as these are both downgrades for me). This is all fine by me until, two hours later, the exact same things are happening (keyboard only working 1/2 the time, phone very hot in pocket with nothing running). Take it to another store, they test it for well over an hour and tell me there's nothing wrong at all (which I can't entirely fault them for, the keyboard DOES work sometimes).

Well, today I wake up and it locked up overnight while charging and discharged the entire battery. I get it charging again, and when I take it off the charger to make a call, keyboard is completely dead (doesn't even light up), and it's stuck in landscape mode, in addition to being not just warm, but hot.

So, take it in again, and a little over an hour later, the keyboard is fixed and it again works in portrait. Tech did verify that it was out and out hot when it came in, and warmed while being worked on, but says that it's not a replaceable issue (which I'd even been inclined to agree with if it wasn't freezing up and not charging because of it).

Home now, and the keyboard has only worked on 4 of the 5 texts I've gone to send. /sigh

I don't want another refurb TP (went through three of them in a combined four days), I just want something that works. If my TP would behave and work, I'd even be ok with that, but of course ideally I'd like a TP2.

Ugh, ok, now that I've vented...

Also, maybe this is a stupid question, but how can you tell if it's third party or corporate (on the website or what?)
Go to the website and search stores for your area and if there is a store that offers repairs but is labeled as sprint store by Grant Cummunication (thats what my local 3rd party is) then its 3rd party.

Also, just tried to chat with sprint (my mistake LOL) and they basicly told me i was qualified for an upgrade OR to get phone replaced by Asurion. I gave them the info from the memo and as always, they played stupid. So Im gonna call and try and get it replaced just like I got my first replaced. My near store is 30 miles away so I just cant get up and go..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:34 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

ok well, i was on the phone with sprint for a while, and the woman said that it is on the wel list, but its backordered.. she said that she would put it through to the claims person, and i said i would wait until it wasn't back ordered any longer, and she said that she would check to see if thats possible, because the only other phones they had to offer that did what i need them to do are the snap and the palm pro, but both of those have such small keyboards that i don't think it would even work for me. i'm waiting to hear back from her right now. i'm going to see what else can be done.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:48 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

I just came from a ASC about half an hour ago! Based on THIS visit there is good news and bad news if thats what you wanna call it!

The bad news (like a whole bunch of people on here have been saying) is that the TP2 is out of stock (OOS)! Obvious!

The good news (like a whole bunch of people on here have been saying) is that what the rep (a nice white gentleman) said to me when I went:

He came from the back with a hand written list of phones I could swap (the list is the same as you read before here)! I asked about the TP2, and he told me they don't have those in (they can't swap them)! Asked why they couldn't swap the TP2s and he told me they aren't in stock! He also told me the TP2s they were swaping were in a different department from in store and over the phone sales (as stated before here)!

He told me the department where they can swap TP2s is all out and he doesn't know when they will be in stock again! I asked him when they do come in will they be available to order as a replacement and he told me "yes!".....than we had a chit chat.....than he told me that they can swap them but they don't have'em......for swap or in store sale! He told me they are only available online for sale because if you do that they come directly from a different warehouse for online purchase!

Than I asked if they could put me on a list so when they do become available they can call me and notify me they are in! He told me they can't do that because they dont even have an estimated date on when they will be in for refurb but told me it might be a long time!

He then reassured me that you can swap them though....so for now we will just have to wait!

Whats the point of this:
Everybody with itchy fingers stop scratchin and WAIT! They didn't take TP2's off the list for swaping or change any rules...and if they did somebody would put some solid information online just like they did when they found out about this in the first place!

What everyone needs to do is wait patiently and persistantly, call or check online for the TP2s, stop worrying, hold on to your TP1 that might not be messed up for some of a small amount of you and stop bum-rushing sprint for something they really can't do right now!

JUST EFFING WAIT!
Old 10-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

lifeuw19 is becoming a great contributor

So would everyone be mad at me if I told you I went in today and have one ordered and it will be here Monday?
Old 10-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

well I just went in, but they said the TP2 is out of stock in the warehouse (and I didn't want anything else), so they can't order me one, so I got their number and my eticket number and I'm just going to call every few days and see what happens...

so I guess I'm in the same boat as half the people in this thread.

This was a 3rd party store, I tried a corporate store last saturday and they just ordered me a refurb TP (it's still sitting at the store). So 3rd party stores are the way to go i think.

I'm pretty sure if I would have gone to this store a week ago I'd already have my TP2!!!!! (Which sucks I didn't think of going to the 3rd party store first!)
Old 10-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

Got my refurb TouchPro today. DANGIT!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Gh05t is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

I guess Ill wait till they come back in stock before I bring mine in for servicing
Old 10-16-2009, 07:25 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

yeah, i really didn't want a touch pro again, so i had the option of either the htc snap, palm pro, or blackberry tour... so i went on ebay and saw that the blackberry is selling for like 200 more than the other two, so i took that. my tour should be here in a few days. i figure at the very least, i can sell the tour and get a hero if i really want to, but i'm gonna give it a try and see what happens.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro