PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

all you have to do is have had 3 replacements in 6 mo or less and they will order you a new tp2 NIB. i didnt even have to ask
Old 10-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

the GSM vairants of all these phones don't have all these issues right? I think its time to join a universal standard.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dOOfus is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuzinBucksBx View Post
I quit! I am going to AT&T and joining the iphone. I mean Sprint Stores employees Sucks Cohanes! From disrespecting me and Poor Customer Services....Once my contact is done...I am ghost!!!
http://www.laptopmag.com/mobile-life...ce.aspx?page=1
Old 10-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator03 View Post
all you have to do is have had 3 replacements in 6 mo or less and they will order you a new tp2 NIB. i didnt even have to ask
Try 5 replacement
Old 10-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aaron580

Ok well i went in service center today and had them try to fix the screen and they failed (of course) so they said they could give me another touch pro or the other phones. I was able to get them to tell me when they come back into stock I would be able to get one. When I get the refurb TP and it dies I should be able to get a TP2 if they werrnt lying to me. It will prob die in a month or less so I dont care. onto using my red razor for the next few days...

OMJ rom
Godmode kernel tearing fixed
Old 10-17-2009, 09:11 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Sprint CS reps suck for many reasons and phone exchanges are the least of it. LOL
AT&T is not the way to go though my friends.
Been there and done that more than once.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:44 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i was just playing with the hero today, and omg.. i'm in love. if sprint had the storm 2, i might be pushing for that, but the tour is so outdated looking, it really just doesn't do it for me. plus, no wifi. anyways, this whole system is a mess.

its not entirely sprint's fault. all they did was order the phone, htc is the one who made it. it had to meet *their* quality specs, and of course, their specifications were so low that it did meet them, and then fell apart in our hands. sprint is doing the right thing by offering an upgrade, but they don't carry many equivalent phones, which is probably why they started carrying the touch pro in the first place. so for them to switch us, what is really comparable to the tp? its not like this is verizon, and they can switch you from a diamond to an omnia, or something like that... they really just don't have any other phone that can take its place besides the tp2, which isn't in stock. i'm sure they would like to sell a few of those too. this is the same oos situation when the tp came out, if anyone remembers trying to buy one. cause i was one of those people... that's just how it is. i'm just going to get the hero, and hopefully, google had more influence over the design than sprint had over the cdma version of the tp, because i was playing with it today and it feels pretty damn sturdy. not sturdy like the diamond feels compared to the tp, i mean like really sturdy.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work

Well, I am one of the few that attempted Friday, eight days past, to get my phone replaced over the phone after being told they would never replace a tp with a tp2 in the store...Last friday after 12:30p cst they were out of stock and I received another call today from tier 2 support updating me to the fact that they are still OOS...at least I got a good ts rep that is following up...I think though in order to be successful I would need a rep to check every few minutes instead of every few days like they are now. I don't think sprint is going to get a windfall of replacement devices...I think they will probably just trickle in from here on out...I do know now though that I don't want a hero....after going w/o a keyboard on the tp for so long I don't think I could handle moving over to the hero to type permanently on a tiny screen...it is a cool device though...too bad it doesnt have keys....

I think I'll be waiting for the Leo to use my upgrade and start typing on virtual keys....
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

---------------------------------------------------
Old 10-17-2009, 10:56 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

have you seen the samsung moment? its coming out nov 1st. sprint hasn't done a whole lot to let people know about it. i was playing with the hero today at the sprint store, along with a few other phones... god the snap is a terrible experience. anyways, i text mostly onscreen, so i wouldn't mind having less of a chance of another htc defect lol
Old 10-18-2009, 04:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gxip is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Allright so a follow up on what I did: Went to a sprint store today, talked to a tech and gave my phone because the refurb kept locking up. They upgraded the phone with a new rom i guess... I now had the slide to answer feature with the browser loading being the htc symbol instead of the ugly opera one... pretty cool i thought.
Later I had to go back since my browser kept crashing and freezing. They upgraded the prl. Forgot to try it on the store but whenever I went into www.ppcgeeks.com the browser crashed, so I went back and the tech came out and asked me to show her the problem with my TP. I showed her and she told me: you know what, you could change your phone for another one.
I'm like yes!!! that's what I wanted to hear!! So she went ahead and told me that I could either get the palm treo pro or the htc snap or the BB tour (something). I asked: what about the touch pro 2? She told me I could get that one but not right now cuz it ain't giving em the option to do it. So she went ahead and gave me some information and told me to call her on Thursday and see if by then they could order me the TP2.

Now I'm set; I'm glad I'm able to upgrade to the TP2, I don't know if it's going to give me as many problems but coping with the issues the TP gave me (knowing i could upgrade to TP2) were unbearable. Even the tech told me that I should use only 1 location on weather cuz if I load to many things on the TP it craps out on you. I'm like what?!?!! Why would I get a phone that isn't able to run the functions it came with? Either way two of the representatives were happy with their TPs but were a little envious of the rep with the TP2. I saw it and just the screen made me want to get that one. I must admit that I was tempted to ask about the hero because of android and the 5mp camera. But then again I'm not much of a camera man and the screen on the TP2 is just sweet!

EDIT: I have to say that I was able to manage a full year without changing my TP but when I got my last 2 refurbs, they've been crap. I put up with a couple of flaws thinking it was WM6.1 but (maybe i'm a little biased) after I read I could get the TP2 i was thinking: to hell with putting up with these damn issues, if a phone doesn't work like it should then don't sell it GDit! I know the hardware on the TP2 is the same, but maybe they put a little more effort into this one and this one is what the TP should've been.

Last edited by gxip; 10-18-2009 at 04:20 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro