PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajskhan View Post
Just want to make 100% sure as I am not in the business of ripping sprint off, I don't have insurance. My phone's charging port doesn't work well, and its all scratched up, but that isn't merit to get a TP2, correct?
Scratches mean nothing, but the charging port not working will get you a replacement only if your phone is less than a year old. Hit ##786# and it should give you a Mfg Date.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 11-21-2009, 04:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

theToucan is just getting started

Quick question for you guys:
I'm a longtime Diamond user and before that a Touch user. But I'm freakin' tired of not having a physical keyboard. If I bought a TP1 off Craigslist, can I insure it though TEP once I activate it on my account? I have had TEP as long as I've been on Sprint. Part of the reason I ask because if the device goes south, I don't want to lose out on the money I paid for it + the chance of getting a TP2 is pretty cool.
Thanks!

Oh I bought the Diamond midway through my 2-yr contract with the Touch and activated and added TEP no problem, however those were the days of terrible eBay scamming so I got my Diamond brand new from Sprint via eBay.

Last edited by theToucan; 11-21-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Almost a VIP

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theToucan View Post
Quick question for you guys:
I'm a longtime Diamond user and before that a Touch user. But I'm freakin' tired of not having a physical keyboard. If I bought a TP1 off Craigslist, can I insure it though TEP once I activate it on my account? I have had TEP as long as I've been on Sprint. Part of the reason I ask because if the device goes south, I don't want to lose out on the money I paid for it + the chance of getting a TP2 is pretty cool.
Thanks!

Oh I bought the Diamond midway through my 2-yr contract with the Touch and activated and added TEP no problem, however those were the days of terrible eBay scamming so I got my Diamond brand new from Sprint via eBay.
Yeah, your TEP will just transfer to the new phone. TEP is tied to your line, not a phone. Sometimes Sprint will give you crap about waiting 30 days after activation to file any claims, but I have in the past. No big deal. You're good.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja

so after being on the phone with sprint for 2 hours total last night, i went to a repair center the CS rep told me to go to, they offered me another touch pro and would have to wait at least one week before i could actually get it, so i called CS back and explained the situation and the lady told me to go drive to a "corporate" repair center 45minutes away.
I get to that "corporate" repair center and found out they aren't a corporate store and never was, and on top of that they outright refused to even take a look at my phone because i didnt get it from their store. Then they referred me to a real corporate store which after driving another 20 minutes I was told that they do not do repairs at that location anymore and referred me to a corporate repair center close to my home which according to the CS rep last night and the sprint website is no longer a repair center.

I went there anyways and found out they are still a repair center, explained my situation and that my phone could not get a signal anywhere. The tech found this to be correct as even with the repeaters in the store the phone still could not get a signal. He then followed with "we have a list of phones you can choose from to replace your touch pro which includes a blackberry, htc snap, palm pre and some others but really the best option is a brand new touch pro 2"

I will have to wait until Tuesday to pick up the TP2 but i dont mind waiting another 3 days to finally get a phone that can actually make and receive calls unlike the POS i have now.

so after about 3 hours on the phone and driving probably close to total of 250miles of driving around to various sprint stores in the last month and a half, and 6 replacements (not including the one im getting tuesday), i will finally have a working phone
Old 11-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratedninja View Post
so after being on the phone with sprint for 2 hours total last night, i went to a repair center the CS rep told me to go to, they offered me another touch pro and would have to wait at least one week before i could actually get it, so i called CS back and explained the situation and the lady told me to go drive to a "corporate" repair center 45minutes away.
I get to that "corporate" repair center and found out they aren't a corporate store and never was, and on top of that they outright refused to even take a look at my phone because i didnt get it from their store. Then they referred me to a real corporate store which after driving another 20 minutes I was told that they do not do repairs at that location anymore and referred me to a corporate repair center close to my home which according to the CS rep last night and the sprint website is no longer a repair center.

I went there anyways and found out they are still a repair center, explained my situation and that my phone could not get a signal anywhere. The tech found this to be correct as even with the repeaters in the store the phone still could not get a signal. He then followed with "we have a list of phones you can choose from to replace your touch pro which includes a blackberry, htc snap, palm pre and some others but really the best option is a brand new touch pro 2"

I will have to wait until Tuesday to pick up the TP2 but i dont mind waiting another 3 days to finally get a phone that can actually make and receive calls unlike the POS i have now.

so after about 3 hours on the phone and driving probably close to total of 250miles of driving around to various sprint stores in the last month and a half, and 6 replacements (not including the one im getting tuesday), i will finally have a working phone
Whoa..while reading that I was actually getting mad, lol..Thinking to myself "I'd be bugging the freak out!!" with all that run around..I'm glad it worked out for you.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

got my TP replaced with a TP2 today and also picked this up

Old 11-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

is that a Saturn? I thought those were discontinued...
Old 11-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

congratulations jason!
Old 11-22-2009, 05:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tp2

Bigfan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratedninja View Post

Here is some advice for next time. Find a working phone and call them. I needed a battery and instead of driving I called 3 stores and they all said they didn't have the battery. Saved me money and time.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:53 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
is that a Saturn? I thought those were discontinued...
Dude, that a Saturn TP2 ,whatcha talking bout? Congrats Jason dude, I may need a ride sometime. NOmsayin

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro