PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

blackmagic352 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

i couldnt post in bargin trader without 1 more post, so i guess ill do it here
tp2 for $335 orlando area

http://orlando.craigslist.org/mob/1510012784.html
Old 12-14-2009, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

blackmagic352 is becoming a great contributor

also i talked to adv exchange today. the rep is suppose to call the store tomorrow to see what he can do. have note from earlier escalations manager that i am do a tp2 when they become available. let u know tomorrow what happens.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
+1, I had one ordered on Friday. Called *2 yesterday and they confirmed. I will add that I went to a 3rd party store on Friday and was told they were OOS..then I went to the Corp store and they were able to order it. They didn't even really look at my phone.
Well I just picked up my NIB Touch Pro 2..Good luck to those still waiting.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 12-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
congrats! it might take awhile, but it'll happen!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

HKO10 is a n00b

Quote:

Me too.

For those who are trying to get one, DON'T GIVE UP! It is worth every second of fighting with customer service and escalations, driving to every sprint store, having 3 defective TP's. It's all worth it.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

lilbrulesall is keeping up the good worklilbrulesall is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
EVERYBODY PAY ATTENTION:
What everybody in this thread who is still trying to get a TP2 needs to do is listen to what Dr.8820 is saying! Major points to this is................AND PLEASE LISTEN:

1)It doesn't matter which store you go to because its up to the store whether they want to do it or not...and most aren't gonna! So just go from store to store until you get one because that's exactly what I did!

2)Like
Dr.8820 said, DON'T GO IN WITH A LIST OR DEMANDING A TP2 OR TALKING ABOUT A LIST! Even if they don't offer you one the best thing to do is to hit up another store! I've heard people on here say they went to 3rd party stores and got one but every 3rd party store I went to laughed at me...so by that experience alone I came to the conclusion that IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH STORE YOU GO TO AS LONG AS YOU HIT AS MANY AS YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3)Like Dr.8820 said, it depends on your status and phone condition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
======
Status
=====================================
People who has had Sprint service for 5-10 years will get treated better than people who are still trying to finish their first 2 year contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
============
Phone Condition
If you never had a replacement....or even had your phone serviced since you got it (whether it be 1 year or 1 day) than please don't expect it to happen! Not saying it's impossible for someone of the type to get one but it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY! Most reps told me I had to have 3 or more replacements before I was even offered a replacement model but the first time I went to get my phone serviced they offered me a replacement model........JUST NOT THE TP2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
======================================

4)DON'T ASK FOR A TP2! Chances are if they don't offer the TP2 THEY WON'T! I went to a lot of stores asking for the TP2 after they named off the phones I could replace it with! They turned me down within seconds! Instead, put the emphasis on the TP you "want to get fixed!" Kindah like what Dr.8820 said, not necessarily acting like you don't want a TP2 but to act nonchalant about it, staying calm and non-suspicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5)Don't call sprint because they won't do it for you over the phone unless its a dire situation (like some Saw type thing where your life depends on it............and maybe not even then) Asurion might, sprint will not (unless a dire situation, SAW 1 thru 6)!

6)Keyboard failure and overheating are the most common problems with the TP, so use that to your advantage......

........and last but not least:
Go as many times as you can, don't wait for a couple days and start again! These stores really don't know when they will be able to order these phones so it is kind of a random thing to go to a store and they have'em! Best bet is if they don't offer you a TP2 as a replacement model than take your phone back and go to another store (which is what I did)! Or you can have them order you another TP and take it to another store when you get it! I kindah got lucky because I stopped for like a week and when I went to get it repaired again that was the last time I had to go to a repair center because they finally offered me a TP2! Try not to go to the same store 2wice unless you went to all the stores you can go to! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

I made the post this big 1)to get everyone who is still trying to get one attention, 2)because people keep asking the same questions and getting the same answers, 3)hoping it will take a whole page so it can be easy to find and 4)so people can at least know that no special words or phrases, memos nor getting mad at sprint just because they won't upgrade you to a TP2 even though its not mandatory for them to do so won't get you anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No questions need to be asked, just follow this post and you will see what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading this post too, I really do appreciate it because I want everyone trying to succeed!

P.S.-the average person who can read at a 6 grade level and has an I.Q. of at least 50 points can read the contents of this post within 5 minutes......I know........I'm one of those people! Take the test and see where you are!

This is great information =) i have cricket so im kinda screwed =( but for all you sprint users who just skip to the last page hopefully me quote-ing this will get it to the end so you can read it. i wish i could get a TP2, they look sweet
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

I recieved my BNIB TP2 via US Priority Mail today, wow, is all I can say, I really can't believe my saga is over. In fact I followed this thread since its beginning and was on my second TP back then! It woulda cost Sprint much less if they would have been consistent with their memo and disseminating protocol.

This is a fantastic phone, and indeed, all the TP1 should have been. I hope this gets me by untill Mar 2011 when I am up for renewal.

Waiting on my Zagg, which are 50% off today only, new charger (Griffen PowerJolt Dual), and Ecolife case. These days w/o protection are the most fragile, like a newborn! I dropped my TP1 the second day I had it and nicked the chome, oops.

One last note, they didnt sent a return envelope... hmmmm...

Last edited by shatner; 12-15-2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Dice is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Dice

i got my upgrade like this now on the touch pro 2 from my touch pro only thing i hate about tp2 is that when u have it set to ring and vibrate and then put the phone on vibrate then switch back to the full volume it takes out the option of vibrate and ring any way to fix that

AioWarez.info
Old 12-15-2009, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

zxcvzxcv is a n00b

I have been just going to repair centers. So regular sprint stores can replace phones as well?
Old 12-15-2009, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2

iceturkee is just getting started

i went back to my nearest sprint repair center this morning. i was having modem problems and my brand new 2 week old keyboard already had a bad key.

the rep ran a diagnostic on the tp and said she would have to order another tp. then she said, if i can get you a tp2 would you want that instead? yes. she was able to put the order through. and added today must be my lucky day because the tp2 orders don't always go through. my new phone should be here thursday. merry christmas from sprint!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro