PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 06:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

theroyalwe is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

no idea if any stores replace by mail... maybe ones in Alaska or something.

I just called the store and my TP2 is in stock and waiting for me!
Old 12-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

One of my corporate stores has that replace by mail thing. Its where I got my first replacement. I walked in and i didn't even hand the phone over to the lady before she started ordering me a replacement. She offered me everything other than a Touch Pro 2. I asked if it was available and she said no. So I got a replacement TP1.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:28 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Thanks for fast replies guys and no lol I'm not in Alaska ahaha I was looking at my nearest stores in the LA county area =P I guess i'll be going there to try and get it replaced for a touch pro 2 soon.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

blackmagic352 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem286 View Post
hey i went to the store waterford lakes today complained that my tp was locking up. chick at counter did not even look at my phone just offered the replacment was in and out in less then 5 minutes
thanks but i went today to the one on west colonial today. i had been goin to the one next to florida mall.

finally go a tp2, should be in 2-3 days. well the phone rep called me back but he didnt do anything but tell me to got to store and that he will call me back in 30 mins. i went into store and told them that "i was due a replacement phone, and if u read the notes u would understand." the rep read the notes, went to back, and said they will order me a tp2. the rep printed a service ticket and the ticket said customer request adv exchange for tp2.
the phone rep called back like he said, and i told him everything went fine. i had him check to see if the did order me a phone. he said yes and its the tp2. finally, finally!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

zxcvzxcv is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmagic352 View Post
thanks but i went today to the one on west colonial today. i had been goin to the one next to florida mall.

finally go a tp2, should be in 2-3 days. well the phone rep called me back but he didnt do anything but tell me to got to store and that he will call me back in 30 mins. i went into store and told them that "i was due a replacement phone, and if u read the notes u would understand." the rep read the notes, went to back, and said they will order me a tp2. the rep printed a service ticket and the ticket said customer request adv exchange for tp2.
the phone rep called back like he said, and i told him everything went fine. i had him check to see if the did order me a phone. he said yes and its the tp2. finally, finally!!!
This was a repair center or just a sales center?
Old 12-15-2009, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

blackmagic352 is becoming a great contributor

this was a repair center

Last edited by blackmagic352; 12-15-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:22 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
One of my corporate stores has that replace by mail thing. Its where I got my first replacement. I walked in and i didn't even hand the phone over to the lady before she started ordering me a replacement. She offered me everything other than a Touch Pro 2. I asked if it was available and she said no. So I got a replacement TP1.
2007 member and you didnt know u got hosed here?? SPrint was ordered months ago to never give out a refurb TP1 again.. the company memos are all over the web on this.. asurion will give u refurbs soemtimes still, but their not sprint.. Sprint branded the TP1 the most defective phone theyve ever had several months ago.. thats when the real big push for TP1 to TP2 xchanges happened
Old 12-15-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

zxcvzxcv is a n00b

I'm a 2007 member too and I just got a replacement TP1. They offered me other phones except for a TP2. The tech even said that the TP1 was better than every other phone that was offered.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well first of all I don't see it as getting "hosed", because I am not entitled to anything more than a functional TP1. In fact, I got the TP1 for free because my Mogul which Sprint paid me 50 dollars to have, had a white spot on the screen. After getting my initial replacement, I had to take the refurb in to a repair center because it was absolute garbage and they replaced it again with a refurb TP1. I am not going to march into sprint demanding they replace my phone with a TP2 while waiving a memo. If I happen to get lucky when I bring my TP in for service than I will be very grateful towards sprint for offering me a TP2 as a replacement.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:45 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
If I happen to get lucky when I bring my TP in for service than I will be very grateful towards sprint for offering me a TP2 as a replacement.
wanna reread that man lol.. "WHEN"(your own words).. enough said! lol..

thats exactly why they arent suppose to give out anymore, its basically ineviteable youll be in for service and repair and even prob a replacement.. and who said anything about a TP2, not me, the memo doesnt say a thing about them having to upgrade to the TP2, just that their not suppose to give out refurbs anymore

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro