PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 08:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

DrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good workDrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via MSN to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via Yahoo to DrUnKeN_TiGeR
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solewoman View Post
Finally got mine...now im just trying to figure out this flashing thing...
unlocker not out yet cmon says it should be out later today

Old 10-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

K1N3T1C5 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUnKeN_TiGeR View Post
ok so i have read some people say u can call in and get a tp replaced for a tp2 and some say you cant.... the nearest store is like 30 miles from me... so can i call in and do it over the phone or not this tp is already overheating and only been usin it about 2 weeks uhg i love winmo but this device is crap
You have to be under extreme conditions (multiple servicing or replacements). Sprint caught on about people trying to swap their TPs for TP2s. On top of that, I noticed some CSRs are starting to tell people that they will let you know when they have it in stock.

So its really YMMV. Call in, but don't over do it. They can flag your account, because they do notate the account about what you call for.

If you are going to "lie" or "twist" the story, make sure its consistent.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Roelljr is keeping up the good workRoelljr is keeping up the good work

I'm from cincinnati and I lost my tp yesterday and have the insurance plan and I am about to go to the sprint store(this was my second tp), will they most likely replace my phone with a tp2 or would I have to request this? also dont i get the replacement phone for free because of the insurance?
Old 10-29-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Jackietreehorn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelljr View Post
I'm from cincinnati and I lost my tp yesterday and have the insurance plan and I am about to go to the sprint store(this was my second tp), will they most likely replace my phone with a tp2 or would I have to request this? also dont i get the replacement phone for free because of the insurance?
The insurance isn't technically through Sprint, it's Asurian, and unfortunately, lost/stolen phones are a $100 deductible, so you won't have to pay full price, but you will have to pay the 100 bucks. Some people have had luck getting a TP2 through insurance, but I'm guessing that if they have any TPs, they'll try to give you that.

Last edited by Jackietreehorn; 10-29-2009 at 05:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

havoc911 is a n00b

For those fallowing my post. I got my tp replace this tuesday at the sawmill rd in columbus. Good luck and see u on the other side tp2 forum! by the way this thing is amazing as soon as the tec took it out the box i started to salivating and had to wait till my numbers where transfer. he handed the phone over and i felt like running out of there before i saw a fellow ppcgeek member and got robbed.lol

Thanks to this site!
I was one of the firts to get the TP at a discouted price from BB
and now......
PPCGEEKS got me a TP2 at no cost.

now......if i could only fuigure out about cooking and kithen stuff...lol ill stick to the cabs for now

peace!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:50 PM
N00b

bookerx3 is just getting started

Just picked up my NIB TP2 from the store. As I was leaving I over heard the reps speaking to one another. He told the other rep that the WEL list and memo was leaked online and you did not even need multiple replacements to get the switch. So it is possible. I would recommend going to repair centers as opposed to calling support. That is how I had success.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

just got back from the sprint store in jax, fl with a bnib tp2.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:01 PM
tok
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stuff

I am calling the repair center every day, and all they say is that the TP2 (the refurbished one i guess) is still out of stock and to try call him back tomorrow to see if its available for order. How are you guys getting NEW phones?
Old 10-29-2009, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

hellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuff

I actually live near there.. I took a MotoQ in once cause it was freezing and not making calls and this was after I hard resetted it and had the latest update. The lady there told me that some contacts can do that to the phone... I was like wha?

In any case, I dread going in there at times so if my Tpro does go out I have to go in there not looking forward to it and they'll prob insist on giving me a Treo Pro or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc911 View Post
For those fallowing my post. I got my tp replace this tuesday at the sawmill rd in columbus. Good luck and see u on the other side tp2 forum! by the way this thing is amazing as soon as the tec took it out the box i started to salivating and had to wait till my numbers where transfer. he handed the phone over and i felt like running out of there before i saw a fellow ppcgeek member and got robbed.lol

Thanks to this site!
I was one of the firts to get the TP at a discouted price from BB
and now......
PPCGEEKS got me a TP2 at no cost.

now......if i could only fuigure out about cooking and kithen stuff...lol ill stick to the cabs for now

peace!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:20 PM
N00b

bookerx3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tok View Post
I am calling the repair center every day, and all they say is that the TP2 (the refurbished one i guess) is still out of stock and to try call him back tomorrow to see if its available for order. How are you guys getting NEW phones?
I did not really do anything that anybody else is not doing. It just depends on how cool the store and the rep are about doing it. It seems that they can order you a NIB Priority 5 TP2 if they really want too. Mine was ordered on Monday and picked it up today.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro