PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Gh05t is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodcpierce View Post
what do I do if I dont have a repair center anywhere near my house?? I tried the tech chat and they were of absolutelly no help and told me I had to use my insurance to replace the phone, even though its under 1 year old.....
you can use the Self Service Phone Replacement Tool
https://indirect3.sprint.com/apps/ad...&FROM_SPRINT=Y
Old 10-11-2009, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

homamk is becoming a great contributor

okay so im guessing there is no way of checking whens the next time touch pro 2 will be back in stock you have to keep visting the store and checking? im asking because the store i goto is 40min away. id hate to keep driving up there every few days. cant you like check online or something?!
Old 10-11-2009, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Hero

rodcpierce is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rodcpierce Send a message via Yahoo to rodcpierce

ghost, this just gives the standard TP refurb
Old 10-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by homamk View Post
okay so im guessing there is no way of checking whens the next time touch pro 2 will be back in stock you have to keep visting the store and checking? im asking because the store i goto is 40min away. id hate to keep driving up there every few days. cant you like check online or something?!
Just call them, that's what I have been doing.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Hero

rodcpierce is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rodcpierce Send a message via Yahoo to rodcpierce

well, I just did the advanced exchange, so we will see what I get. I dont mind if I only get another TP as this one the LCD screen is all whacked out. its still works and lights and all, but its all different colors. We will see. Says I was charged 0.00
Old 10-11-2009, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Systom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Systom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibara2003 View Post
FYI, I had my TP replaced with a TP2. The store did need to order it, however, they said that it is in stock now. IDK if it's a refurb or new one though.

*EDIT* They just called me and said it's on backorder and can't be ordered. They did say that they would order it when the system would let them.
^Didn't see this, what store did you go to and what did you do/tell them exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systom View Post
I'm in Oahu, I'm gonna go out and try it tomorrow--will post again with what's up or what happened. I don't have any insurance at all, but I believe I'm still in the one year warranty thing which I'll mention and etc.

EDIT: Shouldn't we all practically be eligible for the one year warranty thing, when was the phone released last year, october 19th-30th or something? I don't quite recall.
I went in today to try to replace two TP's, both with similar issues and same issues that everyone is experiencing with screwed up keyboards and etc. They said I was covered under the one year warranty at one store I went to, and I showed the guy there the print out images and explained further to him but despite that, he said he can't do it but what he could do was offer me a replacement TP or HTC Snap and I was like YEAH, no thanks, he was going to order another two TP's and I didn't wanna bother and questioned him about another store that does actual repairs and headed out that way.
The other store was extremely busy and they were rushing and etc and despite my explaining the issues, they said to do a trouble ticket, leave both TP's there and they'll see if they can fix it. Came back in an hour and both devices keyboards were working again because they replaced 'em--I tried to tell the person there that this has happened before where the keyboard works whenever it wants to and how I had to hard reset it numerous times and not only because of the keyboard, but other varying issues across both TP's. He basically just said well they are fixed now and if something happens again bring them back in to see what's up. So basically you would need to have had phone problems before in your records in order for them to swap out and replace your device with a new one. I'm already having problems with the SPACEBAR on one of the devices where there's no button pushing feeling, I mean it works, but it feels like you're pushing something solid rather than a clickable button and it's super annoying. It's a 30 minute drive away for me and I don't wanna drive back out and wait around again, so I'm gonna call Sprint tomorrow and see what they can do about this. I'll probably try to complain about both devices cuz I really don't wanna sit on the other one either when I already have a big feeling it's going to **** up in due time.

Last edited by Systom; 10-11-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
I'm guessing it's only in store...the memo is for ASCs which stands for Authorized Service Center. I've seen a few posts where people have called sprint and they had no idea what they were talking about...good luck!

Yeah but the ASCs are dumb as FuK sorry but its true the 2 stores i went into the store managers both told me that all they can do is give me a brand new touch pro i said Your not listening to me look at your policy and they still acted really ignorant and i think its not fair that the tech hard resets then only plays with your phone for like 20 minutes, i told them i need my phone so if you plan on keeping and using it like i use it then give me a dummy so you can see im not bullshihhing you.

"No sorry we now our policy and that memo you have isnt the whole memo we can give you a brand new touch pro 2 and thats final"

I gave a shout out to all the customers in the store to check out ppcgeeks and get the real inside scoop on how sprint wants to get a way with whatever they can. Like i said before their corporate ordered them to do this for thier customers they shouldnt have shut me out like that.

I had the right to refuse the TP if they offered it, then they have to suggest to me next phone off the wel list, still denied it stating they could only switch me out for a touch pro!

Last edited by popasmurfn25; 10-11-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
...So basically you would need to have had phone problems before in your records in order for them to swap out and replace your device with a new one...
This wasn't the case for me, here's my story.

Called service center and told them I was having problems with the radio. My wife's TP gets delayed text and misses calls while sitting in the same room as me with my Diamond which never skips a beat, obviously not a network issue. I go in to the store, the rep tells me he can replace it with a Pre or a Snap. I wanted neither. Keep in mind there was no record of any malfunctioning of the TP in their system.

I called another store upon leaving. Told the manager that I was just told in another store that they are no longer replacing TPs with TPs as Sprint wants to remove them from circulation. She said yes this was true. I told her I was offered a Pre or a Snap, she told me the Snap is on the list but the Pre is not. She asked what my phone number was and what phone I wanted it replaced with. She offered me the Snap, Treo Pro, BB Curve, BB Tour, and TP2. I took the TP2. It will be in tomorrow and I did not even have to go into the store. This was my first exchange of the TP and the first time I've made complaint about it.

If you look at the details in the screen shot over at howard forums, you will see that multiple replacements are not a requirement in this situation.Apparently Sprint desperately wants TPs off the market. I'm surprised they're offering them to anyone let alone still selling them...
Old 10-11-2009, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Systom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Systom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
This wasn't the case for me, here's my story.

Called service center and told them I was having problems with the radio. My wife's TP gets delayed text and misses calls while sitting in the same room as me with my Diamond which never skips a beat, obviously not a network issue. I go in to the store, the rep tells me he can replace it with a Pre or a Snap. I wanted neither. Keep in mind there was no record of any malfunctioning of the TP in their system.

I called another store upon leaving. Told the manager that I was just told in another store that they are no longer replacing TPs with TPs as Sprint wants to remove them from circulation. She said yes this was true. I told her I was offered a Pre or a Snap, she told me the Snap is on the list but the Pre is not. She asked what my phone number was and what phone I wanted it replaced with. She offered me the Snap, Treo Pro, BB Curve, BB Tour, and TP2. I took the TP2. It will be in tomorrow and I did not even have to go into the store. This was my first exchange of the TP and the first time I've made complaint about it.

If you look at the details in the screen shot over at howard forums, you will see that multiple replacements are not a requirement in this situation.Apparently Sprint desperately wants TPs off the market. I'm surprised they're offering them to anyone let alone still selling them...

Excellent. I'll try this tomorrow and see what they say, if not, I'll call Sprint directly.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro

dibara2003 is just getting started

Quote:
^Didn't see this, what store did you go to and what did you do/tell them exactly?
I went to Dillingham. IMO, they're the best sprint store on the island. The techs there know what they're doing. I think that it helped that I've been through 4 replacements already. The tech just made sure that the problem existed and said that I could choose from the phones on the list. I needed to ask about the TP2 though because they don't have it, but ultimately, they said okay.

I will say, never go to the Ala Moana Blvd. store. Instead of exchanging my phone for a repeated problem as noted on my account, the techs wanted to repair it again. Ultimately, it didn't work and they messed up my antenna and I couldn't receive calls.

BTW, what stores did you go to?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro