PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dibara2003 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
However, when they offered me a BB Tour or Curve, they said I could have it that day. I assume those would not be refurbs but not sure. Can anyone speak on this?
The other options are refurbs. They have them in stock for regular replacements of the same device. The odds of getting a NIB replacement is pretty low.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Well I went to the sprint store yesterday and they said instead of trying to fix my phone they'd order me a new model which would be there Tuesday. My fingers are crossed its a touch pro 2 but we'll see. I don't have insurance.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xdanimalx is just getting started

Switching to a different company asap.
Done with Sprint's BS.

Offering me a phone worth 100 less than I paid for a replacement is bs(my touch pro is actually broke)
Getting a tour until I switch to Verizon and get a touch pro2.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibara2003 View Post
The other options are refurbs. They have them in stock for regular replacements of the same device. The odds of getting a NIB replacement is pretty low.
Thanks! I'll take a refurb TP2 over a malfunctioning TP1 anyday!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdanimalx View Post
Switching to a different company asap.
Done with Sprint's BS.

Offering me a phone worth 100 less than I paid for a replacement is bs(my touch pro is actually broke)
Getting a tour until I switch to Verizon and get a touch pro2.
This is what I get out of reading your post. Lets speak cars for a while.

You go to Beach Ford and get a 2008 Ford Explorer. The vehicle is extremely crappy like many of their products but the failing transmission really got to you. Ford has now repaired the transmission in the newer model instead of recalling the ****ed up models. You are now pissed at Beach Ford for offering you a Ford Focus so you go to Desert Ford and Buy a 2009 Ford Explorer.

You should say **** Ford and Beach Ford and go to another dealer that offers something reliable and works.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sho0z is keeping up the good worksho0z is keeping up the good work

i just went to the sprint store here in town and requested a tp2...the tech showed me the wel list and was compliant. however, the tp2 isnt available for order, so i had to order another tp1. i have no doubt in my mind that the tp1 will go bad after a lil while, so i decided to take my chances again with that so that i can get it replaced incase something didnt work correctly. as someone stated earlier that they were pissed at the fact that sprint would even offer them something thats of lesser value than what they had initially spent their money on, i totally agree with this. however, i do understand sprints side of it, they just want to get u something that works, they should credit our accounts for the offset difference, but they've yet to do something like this. as from what i can see, sprint is willing to do this, u may have to stand ur ground for a bit, but be civil...you will get your way. just thought i'd add my .02. good luck to everyone else trying to get a tp2
Old 10-11-2009, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

xdanimalx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
This is what I get out of reading your post. Lets speak cars for a while.

You go to Beach Ford and get a 2008 Ford Explorer. The vehicle is extremely crappy like many of their products but the failing transmission really got to you. Ford has now repaired the transmission in the newer model instead of recalling the ****ed up models. You are now pissed at Beach Ford for offering you a Ford Focus so you go to Desert Ford and Buy a 2009 Ford Explorer.

You should say **** Ford and Beach Ford and go to another dealer that offers something reliable and works.
Does Beach Ford lie and say that the 2009 Explorer isn't out for another month?

Cause Sprint told me the touch pro2 isn't out until sometime in November..
Old 10-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Oh, the phone is such a POS but then you're turning around and upgrading to a phone that isn't that far off. If you don't like this phone THAT much, why get the TP2 at all? Didn't you learn your lesson? lol

I'm always flabbergasted when someone condemns others for taking the right side in a stealing vs not stealing, or lying vs not lying argument, accusing them of backing a corporation, when you're enabling this corporation even further by not switching to a brand you're not complaining about. Did that make sense? Kinda hurt my brain to write that.

Now, the fact that you've had more than 1 because of it's flaws, I don't look down on you for trying to get away from it. I just happen to be one of the lucky few that has had this phone since day one and never needed a replacement. That is why I'll be buying my TP2.
I liked my mogul but the low memory and the fact that it failed on the release date of the tp is the reason why I got a TP. I am happy for you as you are the only one who has a magical tp doesn't overheat or have gps lag. I lived with the rainbow smudge in the center of the screen which seems to be growing, the broken #9 key, the overheating and discharging during plugged-in + gps, the Constant soft resets, and the sluggish performance when compared to any non htc phone. I will return it then my screen completely blanks out though. I will also try to get a phone with less of the issues that I am having but am not willing to pay htc a dime out of pocket for it.

I have a sero plan which is my only reason for staying with sprint.

I notice that anyone someone posts something negative about htc you comment. HTC doesn't give a rat's *** about it's customers as long as they keep showing a profit which is called running a business. I will try to LEGALLY get the best that I can for as cheap as I can which is called being human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdanimalx View Post
Does Beach Ford lie and say that the 2009 Explorer isn't out for another month?

Cause Sprint told me the touch pro2 isn't out until sometime in November..
I am not saying that you shouldn't leave sprint, but supporting htc for making such a crappy device in the first place is something that I will never do. LOL, If I leave sprint, would never pay for an htc product. I'd follow whoever will release the omnia pro B7610.

Last edited by esqueue; 10-11-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ibleedbloo is becoming a great contributor

I just left my Sprint store and got some B.S. about having to have 3 replacements in the last 6 months to get a TP2. I was not in the mood to argue so I will take the refurb TP they are ordering for me and if there are issues with that I will really raise a stink.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro

dibara2003 is just getting started

For those who work at sprint, I wanted to know how you determine the priority for replacement phones. I.e. a refurbed TP2 is a 4, a NIB is a a 5. What warrants a replacement with a priority 5? Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro