PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyflynn View Post
It's an uncomfortable situation where they lie and put you in a position where you have to call them a liar - but you aren't supposed to be in a position to know they are lying.
they can't lie if you shove the memo in front of their noses.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyflynn View Post
Stores in New York now seem to be steering people away from Touch Pro 2s. Saying things like they aren't in stock so we can't order them.

It's an uncomfortable situation where they lie and put you in a position where you have to call them a liar - but you aren't supposed to be in a position to know they are lying.

I probably could have been more assertive and insisted the guy at least try to put in an order for the touch pro 2 but figured if the next one doesn't work, it'll be my third and I'll have the situation handled through retentions.
um ...did you ever think of the fact that the TP2 are OOS?? or ..are you just assume they are lying to you...
Old 10-11-2009, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hyakku is keeping up the good workhyakku is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Oh, the phone is such a POS but then you're turning around and upgrading to a phone that isn't that far off. If you don't like this phone THAT much, why get the TP2 at all? Didn't you learn your lesson? lol

I'm always flabbergasted when someone condemns others for taking the right side in a stealing vs not stealing, or lying vs not lying argument, accusing them of backing a corporation, when you're enabling this corporation even further by not switching to a brand you're not complaining about. Did that make sense? Kinda hurt my brain to write that.

Now, the fact that you've had more than 1 because of it's flaws, I don't look down on you for trying to get away from it. I just happen to be one of the lucky few that has had this phone since day one and never needed a replacement. That is why I'll be buying my TP2.
I cant because I'm locked in a contract with them and I'm not trying to give up my sero. My Mogul was fine with me but then they gave me the TP,.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

So strike three for me. Really to be fair it was more like a foul. COuldnt order it because they are out of stock. The rep told me to come back in a day or so and try again.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 10-11-2009, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lorddaddy84 is keeping up the good worklorddaddy84 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black06c230 View Post
i have checked both birmingham,al stores and have been told by both not is stock and can only order from the website or telesales. also that they don't believe the will ever get the phone in stock?!?!?!

never mentioned i was having issues for the the 4th time!!!

so looks like the alabama store are just backwards...what a surprise.
There is a store on Edwards lake rd. in Trussville. Do you live close enough to try that? I live in Oneonta, AL and have to drive to Trussville. So I will be trying that store.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

has anyone gotten a tech rep that knows about this in Austin? Or one that has swapped yours out?
Old 10-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator03 View Post
anyone in houston get theirs swapped?
or Katy...
Old 10-11-2009, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

homamk is becoming a great contributor

so everyone seems to get someone and have them try to order touch pro 2 but cant cause its out of stock. isnt there any way to keep checking if the phone is back in stock over like the intretnet or maybe call *2 and goto sales and ask if they have it in stock and if they do than goto the store and have them order it?
Old 10-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Cyorke is a n00b

It appears this is only valid a tthird party ACS stores. I went to a corporate store becuae my screen died two days before this. it will not respond to any touch. I finally had a chance to take mine in over th weekend. The guy said they were ordering a replacement TP. I mentioned finding something online and Sprint was offering other phones in exchange. he said he didn't know anything about it. My phone would have to be replaced multiple times prior to replacing.

I go home and call Sprint. Since I am on the SWAC I talk to Employee Care when I call. I talk to the first rep and they know nothing about it. THey transfer me to tech support and they know nothing either. The guy at tech support says he would have to order the TP/ I say no thanks they have already done that at the store. He then recommends going to another store or hang on to the one I have and if there are other problems I have until march under the normal manufacturer warranty.

I then call the corporate store and talk to one of the techs there. I explain to him what I have found and he says when we see the ASC that is referring to third party stores. they are not doing this typ eof swap in the corporate stores. I ask if I can cancel the TP and go to another store. He says he cant cancel I just dont have to pick up the TP that was ordered. He then tells me I can try a third party store and gives the phone number and address to a couple of different stores. I decide to give it a shot and go to one of them. hte guy is trying to pull it up and order a replacement. It gets to one point and it will not allow him to place an order. something about customer care has gone in and started an order but it doesnt look like they completed it, not sure what that means. He tries it a couple of times and finally says it looks like maybe since you are on an emplyee plan he cant do anything.

The funny thing about that is if I go online and go through the advance exchange it tells me to take the phone to that exact same store to have it checked out.

SO to paraphrase it looks like only the third party repair facilities are doing the exchange to a different phone. I will get my replacement TP on Monday or Tuesday and will see how long it lasts. if I have problems I will jsut take it to a thirpd party store instead of the corporate store next time.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

vst_ace is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiker View Post
I stumbled across this thread only after I had been offered a TP2 to replace my TP in-store. Unfortunately, it was out of stock and they had to replace my TP with a TP. I'll get my replacement TP on Monday/Tuesday.
Same as of 10-09

The only thing better about the TP2 is the screen size & keyboard (which I hardly use) everything else is the same or slightly worse, i.e., battery longevity; even the rom is smaller by 20MB. I think the allure or HTC's devices are starting to wear off for me. I wish sprint would buck up and get some better phones.

Last edited by vst_ace; 10-11-2009 at 03:44 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro