PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint

takimaki is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Wow. Sprint effing sucks. If the T-Mobile "project dark" deal is true, I'm leaving Sprint the day its public.

I went to my ASC, the only Sprint store within 2 hours, and they immediately told me they could ONLY order me a refurbed TP1. I said I wanted another model, as I've already had numerous refurbs. They gave me some work order # and told me to call Sprint. After talking to a tech on the phone, I was shot down again, and told they cannot give me anything but...ANOTHER REFURBED TP1!!!! So the tech just went ahead and ordered it....

They must have the worst customer relations ever for a major wireless carrier.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

abdeviation is keeping up the good workabdeviation is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeuw19 View Post
So would everyone be mad at me if I told you I went in today and have one ordered and it will be here Monday?
liar liar pants on fire
Old 10-16-2009, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

homamk is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdeviation View Post
liar liar pants on fire
he doesnt have to be lying. he could be one of the few who got ordered a brand new one from the sales inventory or was told it was ordered. they call back and say bad news its OOS! lol

either way good luck!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:58 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

just so you guys know, if you do decide to call to try to get a touch pro 2, once they file the claim, you kinda are stuck with the decision of either taking a refurbished tp, snap, pro, or that new samsung ugly thing, and you can't do the wel program again so you're stuck with the phone. thats what the girl told me, after she got back to me about the tp2 being out of stock.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aaron580

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
just so you guys know, if you do decide to call to try to get a touch pro 2, once they file the claim, you kinda are stuck with the decision of either taking a refurbished tp, snap, pro, or that new samsung ugly thing, and you can't do the wel program again so you're stuck with the phone. thats what the girl told me, after she got back to me about the tp2 being out of stock.
ok so do I have to keep my touchpro activated until they get more touch pro 2's in? I havnt gotten a backup phone yet will that ruin my chances to get tp2?? my screen just went out as I said before.

OMJ rom
Godmode kernel tearing fixed
Old 10-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i was told i was getting a tp2 and when i was called to say it was in, i get there to pick it up and its a tour. i refused it and told them to send it back and went to a different store and found an old friend that works there who will be checking daily for availibltyof a tp2 and order it when available
Old 10-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP

Got mine advanced exchanged today. TP2 will be in Monday too. NIB the manager said!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck

I consider myself on of the lucky ones here. I went to the store Monday showed the tech my phone that looks like new from outside and yet has too many issues. not even two weeks ago I had to replace the keyboard but again it start acting. I showed them some burn marks by the battery from the heat, she told me keep it here for 1 hour and come back, so I did and I came back later she came to me with my repair receipt and written down snap, tour and curve, I told her I will not accept none of those because I bought the phone full price because of it sliding keyboard and windows mobile plus touch, so she said u dont want another phone then? I said yes I do but not those options, I asked her what about TP2, she said is not available right now (backordered) if u come back wed we might have it, I asked her if she can write touch pro 2 in my receipt so when I come back they'll know and she did write "Waiting on touch pro 2" I came back wed there was totally diff employees, the tech approached me, I said that I am here for the replacement, she took the receipt and she went to the computer to place an order for me, she gave me my receipt and told me we'll call you Friday or Monday to come get it. Today I didn't even bother calling I just went straight to the store after work, gave them the receipt she went to the back and here she is coming back with brand spanking new TP2, activated and ready to go, she just asked me to give her a good feedback (5) if I get a survey call, I said I certainly will and left. I looked in the box and I saw the date of the delivery and it says 10/15/2009 means the phone was there yest and nobody called me, good thing I drove there today without calling.

Last edited by poorlyduck; 10-16-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:53 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

well, i really don't know if i'm up to owning another windows mobile phone right now. maybe after 7 comes out, but i'm so sick of 6.1, and 6.5 isn't enough of an upgrade for me because software isn't advancing very quickly... i'd rather skip over to blackberry or android right now until microsoft gets their **** together. the tp2 is a great phone, but its still running windows.

you have to have the touch pro active on your account to exchange it, i don't know how not having it on the account, and then reactivating it would affect your eligabliity. i'm looking to get the hero though most likely, so i'm just gonna sell the tour.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlyduck View Post
I consider myself on of the lucky ones here. I went to the store Monday showed the tech my phone that looks like new from outside and yet has too many issues. not even two weeks ago I had to replace the keyboard but again it start acting. I showed them some burn marks by the battery from the heat, she told me keep it here for 1 hour and come back, so I did and I came back later she came to me with my repair receipt and written down snap, tour and curve, I told her I will not accept none of those because I bought the phone full price because of it sliding keyboard and windows mobile plus touch, so she said u dont want another phone then? I said yes I do but not those options, I asked her what about TP2, she said is not available right now (backordered) if u come back wed we might have it, I asked her if she can write touch pro 2 in my receipt so when I come back they'll know and she did write "Waiting on touch pro 2" I came back wed there was totally diff employees, the tech approached me, I said that I am here for the replacement, she took the receipt and she went to the computer to place an order for me, she gave me my receipt and told me we'll call you Friday or Monday to come get it. Today I didn't even bother calling I just went straight to the store after work, gave them the receipt she went to the back and here she is coming back with brand spanking new TP2, activated and ready to go, she just asked me to give her a good feedback (5) if I get a survey call, I said I certainly will and left. I looked in the box and I saw the date of the delivery and it says 10/15/2009 means the phone was there yest and nobody called me, good thing I drove there today without calling.
similar story...my cousin was told that they were out of stock on Saturday 10th and that he would be called when the phone was available again. He called on Thursday 15th morning to sprint store A to check on the status of tp2. They put him on hold for a 1-2 minutes then they came back and said no tp2 have come in yet. That same day Thursday around 2pm we stopped by another sprint store B to check out the Hero demo, it's so sweet, anyway I ask my cousin to check with the tech/rep in this store on the status of his tp2 just for the hell of it.

Guess what the phone tp2 was delivered on the 12th at sprint store A! We were like what!?! The tech guy was said here's the tracking number and said go to the store and pickup your phone because after 14 days he said the phone is either sent back to the warehouse or kept in inventory for the store to sell. wow...so we go to the store that same day and say we are here to pick up the tp2. We were waiting for them to say we don't have it so we could pull out the ups delivery history. The guy had trouble locating the phone, eventually found it but he too was talking to his tech coworkers asking where is this customer tp2, I overheard him say 'no this tp2 did not walk out of this store'. He found it eventually and now my cousin has the tp2, the screen is =D>. garming xt never looked so good compared to my tp1 screen (on my second one still going strong).

So if you have the time just go to the store and just say I'm here to pick up my tp2 and maybe it will be there, good luck tp2 hunting.

anyway to check if the phone is NIB or refurbished? This one didn't come with a wall charger so more than likey its refurb which is still awesome of sprint to phase out the tp1 out there that are constantly pooping.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro