View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Cyorke
Lurker

Cyorke is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

It appears this is only valid a tthird party ACS stores. I went to a corporate store becuae my screen died two days before this. it will not respond to any touch. I finally had a chance to take mine in over th weekend. The guy said they were ordering a replacement TP. I mentioned finding something online and Sprint was offering other phones in exchange. he said he didn't know anything about it. My phone would have to be replaced multiple times prior to replacing.

I go home and call Sprint. Since I am on the SWAC I talk to Employee Care when I call. I talk to the first rep and they know nothing about it. THey transfer me to tech support and they know nothing either. The guy at tech support says he would have to order the TP/ I say no thanks they have already done that at the store. He then recommends going to another store or hang on to the one I have and if there are other problems I have until march under the normal manufacturer warranty.

I then call the corporate store and talk to one of the techs there. I explain to him what I have found and he says when we see the ASC that is referring to third party stores. they are not doing this typ eof swap in the corporate stores. I ask if I can cancel the TP and go to another store. He says he cant cancel I just dont have to pick up the TP that was ordered. He then tells me I can try a third party store and gives the phone number and address to a couple of different stores. I decide to give it a shot and go to one of them. hte guy is trying to pull it up and order a replacement. It gets to one point and it will not allow him to place an order. something about customer care has gone in and started an order but it doesnt look like they completed it, not sure what that means. He tries it a couple of times and finally says it looks like maybe since you are on an emplyee plan he cant do anything.

The funny thing about that is if I go online and go through the advance exchange it tells me to take the phone to that exact same store to have it checked out.

SO to paraphrase it looks like only the third party repair facilities are doing the exchange to a different phone. I will get my replacement TP on Monday or Tuesday and will see how long it lasts. if I have problems I will jsut take it to a thirpd party store instead of the corporate store next time.