PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 03:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhohitzluke View Post
This stinks! Hopefully my TP craps out by itself because that TP2 is sure as hell very sexy.. my brother has the tmobile one and its pretty slick!
yea, i would say this probably works if you've had many replacements already. This will be my third one, so if something goes wrong with this I'm not gonna take anything less than a different phone!
Old 10-11-2009, 07:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This is awesome. While my phone is fine right now, for some reason, my girlfriend has the worst luck with hers. I'm on my 2nd or 3rd, and I don't even know what she's on, haha. Hopefully they'll exchange it for a Pro2

Anyone have any experience with corporate stores that don't have a repair center? They've just been ordering us phones, and we go in a few days later to get them. Is it the same time of thing for this too?
Old 10-11-2009, 08:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Systom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Systom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibara2003 View Post
anyone from Oahu have any luck with this?
I'm in Oahu, I'm gonna go out and try it tomorrow--will post again with what's up or what happened. I don't have any insurance at all, but I believe I'm still in the one year warranty thing which I'll mention and etc.

EDIT: Shouldn't we all practically be eligible for the one year warranty thing, when was the phone released last year, october 19th-30th or something? I don't quite recall.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hyakku is keeping up the good workhyakku is keeping up the good work

Lol, well i'm on my fourth TP (one I had to purchase through asurion after my "damage" caused the chrome to crack which was bull**** then and still is), and just took it into the store for the SEVENTH time total (of all the tps I've had)

I knew one guy there but didnt talk to him (should have), and ended up with another fool. Upon arrival i immediately handed him my phone, gave him my extensive history and handed him the memo. He came back, stated that that memo was apparrently correct and new, but first they had to try to fix the phone...again. Then, he tells me that the parts are backordered but they "specially" ordered me new parts to see if they can get it working again, and if it doesn't then I can choose from one of those phones. These parts wont be in until at least wed or thursday, maybe he says. What the ****?

The best part? I live in LA and they are in downtown and I hvae to pay my friend to use his car and have already wasted over 50 bucks in the past month going back and forth because they require you to come to the store so they can order you a keyboard so you can drive back in a few days to pick up it so I can drive back in a few weeks to get it replaced. Needless to say I'll be calling back today to the guy I know there and see if he can get anything done because I am ****ing sick of Sprint ****ing me around with this phone.

Edit:

And for all the people saying we must be doing something wrong to make our phones do this, take HTC and sprint's stick out of their respective holes. The ****ing phone is a broken POS, and while it has a ton of potential the hardware keyboard fails, overheating and other issues that I have to solve myself by physical maintenance or software flashing is ****ing ridiculous. I'm always flabbergasted when someone takes the side of a corporation AFTER they have admitted and are trying to reconcile their **** up. They realize they ****ed up, why cant you?

Last edited by hyakku; 10-11-2009 at 11:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i called my one of my local repair centers and told him that i had been talking to customer service about issues with my touch pro and that they had told me to bring it in to a repair center. he then stopped me and said that they were moving people with that phone to different devices and asked me what i wanted and i told him id like to get a hero. he told me that the hero and the pre were the only phones i couldnt get, he took my phone number and my tp2 will be there in a few days and he would call me when it came in. doesnt get any easier than that! all over the phone and didnt even have to take it in
Old 10-11-2009, 12:51 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyakku View Post
And for all the people saying we must be doing something wrong to make our phones do this, take HTC and sprint's stick out of their respective holes. The ****ing phone is a broken POS, and while it has a ton of potential the hardware keyboard fails, overheating and other issues that I have to solve myself by physical maintenance or software flashing is ****ing ridiculous. I'm always flabbergasted when someone takes the side of a corporation AFTER they have admitted and are trying to reconcile their **** up. They realize they ****ed up, why cant you?
Oh, the phone is such a POS but then you're turning around and upgrading to a phone that isn't that far off. If you don't like this phone THAT much, why get the TP2 at all? Didn't you learn your lesson? lol

I'm always flabbergasted when someone condemns others for taking the right side in a stealing vs not stealing, or lying vs not lying argument, accusing them of backing a corporation, when you're enabling this corporation even further by not switching to a brand you're not complaining about. Did that make sense? Kinda hurt my brain to write that.

Now, the fact that you've had more than 1 because of it's flaws, I don't look down on you for trying to get away from it. I just happen to be one of the lucky few that has had this phone since day one and never needed a replacement. That is why I'll be buying my TP2.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:53 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate.spangler View Post
i called my one of my local repair centers and told him that i had been talking to customer service about issues with my touch pro and that they had told me to bring it in to a repair center. he then stopped me and said that they were moving people with that phone to different devices and asked me what i wanted and i told him id like to get a hero. he told me that the hero and the pre were the only phones i couldnt get, he took my phone number and my tp2 will be there in a few days and he would call me when it came in. doesnt get any easier than that! all over the phone and didnt even have to take it in
lol wow. I mean, at least Sprint is taking care of it's customers in this regard. I may stick with them afterall.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

SurfDan5 is just getting started

this is great news. I'm on my 5th TP so hopefully it breaks soon and I can get a new TP2 without signing a contract
Old 10-11-2009, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

garyflynn is keeping up the good workgaryflynn is keeping up the good work

Stores in New York now seem to be steering people away from Touch Pro 2s. Saying things like they aren't in stock so we can't order them.

It's an uncomfortable situation where they lie and put you in a position where you have to call them a liar - but you aren't supposed to be in a position to know they are lying.

I probably could have been more assertive and insisted the guy at least try to put in an order for the touch pro 2 but figured if the next one doesn't work, it'll be my third and I'll have the situation handled through retentions.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

brukdibuddy is a n00b

if sprint is doing this then they arent doing it in new york because i tried and they didnt give me one they only offer a refurish touch pro and i calld about 5 times and they all tell me the same thing. I had so many problems with this phone and the tech. that i went to dont even know what they are doing they hardrested my phone so many times and no help and after he did that the keyboard stop working and the reset button stop working and now thers is so much lag to this phone. I dont really care about getting it completely free but come on if we are customers and been with sprint so long they should give a bigger discount or soemthing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro