PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: SP

EvgeniX is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

they just hard reset my phone and say come back if problems will back (but other TS told him its not software its one big problem PHONE!) will have to go back...
Old 10-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ddlam is a n00b

I just got back from the Sprint Store in Alexandria,VA off Manchester Blvd. They tried to fix my phone but couldn't do it so they were like "we'll order you another one". Then I pulled out the memo and told them about it. They were like "how'd you get that?". Then they were like we'll see what other phones we could get you. I was like I want the Touch Pro 2. They said it was out of stock, so I have to try again later. Let me know if you guys get a success story guys!

Thanks.

Last edited by ddlam; 10-12-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ds48124 is a n00b

What do you think my chances of getting a Hero are?
Old 10-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlam View Post
I just got back from the Sprint Store in Alexandria,VA off Manchester Blvd. They tried to fix my phone but couldn't do it so they were like "we'll order oyu another one". Then I pulled out the memo and told them about it. They were like "how'd you get that?". Then they were like we'll see what other phones we could get you. I was like I want the Touch Pro 2. They said it was out of stock, so I have to try again later. Let me know if you guys get a success story guys!

Thanks.
LOL, didn't you get a success story? Since it was OOS just keep tryin.......
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:42 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds48124 View Post
What do you think my chances of getting a Hero are?
really? absolutely not!
Old 10-12-2009, 12:43 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

and i just called into tech support cuz my earpiece is out and my keyboard is out and i just need a replacement period and they said their OOS.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

I just went to a Sprint Repair Store on Stevens Creek Rd. in San Jose, CA and they said they got the memo but the list of phones are, Palm Pro, HTC Snap, or the same Touch Pro. WTF? If I try to call Sprint they say I've had my phone replaced too many times and have to take it to a store for an exchange.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

garyflynn is keeping up the good workgaryflynn is keeping up the good work

A representative at 34th st in Manhattan says that the memo was proprietary sprint information that should never have been illegally made public, but at that location they will not honor it partly because TP2s are out of stock.

This representative said that nobody will get a TP2 because they have not been released yet. I didn't challenge that because I have not read a report yet of someone saying they have a TP2 in hand. Maybe that will change tomorrow.

This will be my third TP. If there are problems, I'll go from there.

At some point, someone at Sprint Corporate calculated that it would be worth it to move all TP repairs to different phones, including the TP2. I have a feeling this policy may be rescinded at some point. I wish I had gotten to the store earlier, but that's a lesson learned, and to be balanced with other things I have to do in life than get my phone keyboard working perfectly or a new phone.

At some point, I'm pretty sure the refurb will start acting up. Hopefully it will last at least until they've unlocked the TP2 so I can put a custom rom onto it.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:10 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyflynn View Post

This representative said that nobody will get a TP2 because they have not been released yet. I didn't challenge that because I have not read a report yet of someone saying they have a TP2 in hand. Maybe that will change tomorrow.
The TP2 hasn't been released yet? There's a whole forum of people who would disagree with that statement...lol

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So i call the Repair staore and ask if my phones in .... BACK ORDER !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro