PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dibara2003 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

For those who have been ordered units today, are you getting refurbs or NIB? The manager of the store that I went to said that the system wouldn't take orders because the phone is backordered. I don't think they're BS'ing me because they said they would try until they can order it.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

erick10 is a n00b

Yo guys, what happened to the picture/screen cap of the Memo? I cant find it anywhere and I wanted to print it.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:41 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick10 View Post
Yo guys, what happened to the picture/screen cap of the Memo? I cant find it anywhere and I wanted to print it.
OP removed images...wonder why he did that?

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...readid=1577243
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Black06c230 is a n00b

well i was on the phone with all kinds of people today with sprint. both tech support and retentions can't order replacement phones. it must be done in the store. i told them the store only wanted to offer me a HTC snap or Treo Pro (both dont have word/excel so won't work for me) or they could order another TP.

told them i was on my 3rd TP which by default without the memo meant i eligible for the newer TP2. the store had none and acted unware of the memo. made ref to and they said the TP2 was not on the replacement list. but they are supposed to offer an upgrade to a comparable model after 3 units.

retentions said go to the store to swap out but again i can't as the TP and TP2 are not stocked by any stores near me and they had said they weren't getting them anyway. they said telesales or best buy were my options.

by the way my error is a message that pops up "fatal error" which requires a battery pull reset and a hard rest have not fixed the issue. also once done with a call you must pull battery to do a reset, which is funny as while talking to 2 diff people at retentions the call dropped and they would call back but of course i would have to wait til they called a second time so i could reset the phone in order to answer.

sprint and i are not on good terms

anwyways sent the last lady in retentions a copy of the memo and she was unware of it and was going to forward my complaint forward and would get back to me on Tues.
she said she didn't know why the stores would try to hide the info and wondered how i got the information.

i just want what is fairly my option in replacement phones.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

finzzzup is a n00b

I just had my touch pro replaced 3 weeks ago, and was having problems with it overheating and freezing up, as well as keyboard issues, so when I took it back to the ASC tonight they told me right off the bat that I could have any phone in the store or they would order me the TP2. The tec informed me they were having major issues with the keyboard, and the refurbished ones they were giving as the replacements were having even more issues, so they are just to replace any that come back with complaints such as mine. I will be picking it up on Tuesday night. So, if any ASC tries to tell you they cannot get one, do not accept their excuses.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

finzzzup is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibara2003 View Post
For those who have been ordered units today, are you getting refurbs or NIB? The manager of the store that I went to said that the system wouldn't take orders because the phone is backordered. I don't think they're BS'ing me because they said they would try until they can order it.
I'm told it will be NIB because it's not even available in the stores yet. It is the same as taking your phone back three times and then having the option to get a different phone of choice at the ASC.

Do not let them tell you it is back-ordered.. they have them in the warehouse, and they haven't even been stocked into the stores yet.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:16 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Someone ask for screen shots of the memo?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5x4t3q.jpg (356.9 KB, 827 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 25f1xzq.jpg (683.3 KB, 1364 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 17 times.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: I-phone 4S 32Gb

djpaul is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
I took mine to the repair center cause my screen would freeze and not show anything out of sleep mode and would go into landscaping mode ocassionally.

well the tech hosed it now it wont go out of lanscape mode.

said they are getting me a replacement. the tech on the phone said the tp was the model being replaced but to call the store and find out.

so I have to call tomorrow
Just print link from Howard forums and show it to them, they will let you choose your new phone
Isaiah 40:31
Old 10-10-2009, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
Someone ask for screen shots of the memo?
Somebody on the RedBull Wings
Old 10-10-2009, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The odd thing that I saw at repair center today that did not carry either TouchPro or TP2. I asked about TP2, and was told that they haven't got it yet. That was very odd. Besides the only HTC was HTC Snap.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro