PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Spring

mp3ster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

UPDATE:

Got of the phone checking the status of my e-ticket again today, still in "Processing" status... Big mix up between the store and corporate surprise surprise. Turns out my replacement is waiting at the store for me.

Anyhow, I was told SPECIFICALLY by the rep from customer service at *2 that if i had any more issues with my TP, their WEL List stated that that the TP was to be replaced by the TP2 or the Android, because every other phone would be a downgrade.

Please DONT Flame this post, i know all the controversy over this issue with the 1260 posts that i have muddled through the past few days.

Im just hoping that THIS replacement TP that is apparently waiting in the store for me to pickup is a GOOD refurb. Im sick and tired of the damn keyboards going out!
Old 10-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

the purpose of this post is to add support for the opening post. what some of you guys and gals have to remember is that every sprint account is different and every situation is different. what works for some will not work for others. but the sprint tech i talked with says sprint is exchanging the tp for several models, including but only if in stock, the tp2. there are no magic words or phrases that you can say that will get you a tp2. it is solely up to the sprint store or customer service. the one thing i can say is that if you've had multiple replacements, your chances are high. but for those just looking for a free upgrade, keep in mind that if you do get an exchange and your tp isn't broken, you will be charged up to $119 according to the e-ticket.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

williegt is a n00b

Wow amazing, This is why their customer service is what it is. There is no way they would replace the TP with an android, it isnt even windows based and it is a brand new model. The list I saw had about 5 different models and the hero was not on there. And the memo said nothing about replacing it with a TP2. The customer could choose from all available models but they were not guaranted the replacement of their choice. For instance I want a BB and there are none in stock then I must choose from some other model, get another TP or deal with the issue I currently have.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by williegt View Post
And the memo said nothing about replacing it with a TP2.
i don't know anything about a memo, just stating what i was told. and the fact that when i went to the sprint store and the tech ordered me a tp2 that'll be here tomorrow makes what i was told true.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

djalbanian is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to djalbanian

Well hello guys i have a pretty good story to share, before reading this i would think that some kind of scheme to get the TP2 can be done..after reading this i was sure i can def make it happen so i can my tp replaced with tp2. Last week i called sprint represantative and told them about the defected phone and how its my 3rd one and they kept asking me to go to a repair center (this is NYC btw, BROOKLYN), every represantive i spoke to told me the same thing. And so i go to a repair center and the guy acted like he had no idea until i pulled out the sheets of paper to prove it, even so he tried to scheme me himself and told me that their out of it and the warehouse inventory is out of stock as well and couldnt choose the option, i literally almost got physical with him to a point where i had to control myself cause i know he was bsing freaking 4 eyes.. There were notes on my account that i should get the TP2, if u do the same thing MAKE SURE U GET NOTES ON UR ACCOUNT! anyway that same day after i get out of the store without any luck i said wth let me call sprint again and so i did, complained more and more and they still couldnt do anything, ask for tech support and everything. They said they couldnt order me one they dont have authority to, before getting off the phone with tech support i asked for account setting technician, this is where u get the most results btw guys so listen up. I dont have a contract with sprint anymore because i been a costumer for 8 years, i get a lady at account settings and i tell her straight up I WANT TO CANCEL MY SPRINT. She said y is that sir and bla bla and i explained it to her about the notes about the sheets about this ahole trying to duck and dodge me and said i cant deal with anymore, she put me on hold...5 min later she said Mr.%%$# your tp2 has been ordered by a manager at KINGS PLAZA MALL in BROOKLYN NY are u near there i said yes maam, she said ur phone is going to be there on monday and i called on thursday. This monday i went there and i got the TP2 with no problems at alllll, they didnt even check my TP they just confiscated it. Happy story to a happy costumer, wish you all the same luck.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

jdmcivicguy is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcivicguy View Post
ok. i have gone into several sprint stores with repair centers, with no luck. They say the phone is fine. I have called *2 several times, with no luck. i have used online chat with sprint, no luck. After having to hard reset my phone several times to get it to function(i guess overheating, cause it gets really hot), i took it to a 3rd party repair center. This was the best option yet.... i guess..

They agreed to replace it over the phone. they said come down and we'll have it ready.(tp1) I was excited to get a proper functioning phone, tp1 or 2. So i do the swap, and get a refurbed tp1 and an extra battery. Where the keyboard seperates to slide, the phone has a big gap. When you take off the back cover, they have removed some of the black stickers, and the water indicator is mounted really crooked, and it's all white. Do i dare go back and complain, even though they were the only one's that did help? or do i deal with it in hope that it performs better than the last?
So i guess i made a smart decision. I took the refurb back today. The lady asked right of the bat, "Would you like a tp2 instead?" i was like hell yeah. She said they were on back order, but should be in stock in a few days. In the meantime she ordered me a replacement tp1.

From here on out, I will NEVER go back into a corporate sprint store. i will only deal with 3rd party stores. If you have a legitament complaint, i would suggest a 3rd party repair center. I give this one two thumbs up.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

i tried twice today and did all the scams including telling them i couldnt get the 800 tax credit becasue i already own one home. (he didnt laugh at that either)
i give up. i was scared id get the same monkey on the phone plus maybe the tp2 isnt that great anyway. wow im actually believing my own b.s.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro

dibara2003 is just getting started

it'll be a long wait for those of us who can only get refurbed models. What sucks is that there's no ETA...
Old 10-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

robp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good work

WOW, I cant help but laugh at this situation that some of us are in. I have now had three going on 4 TP's and mind you they have all been replaced for legitimate reasons. I just want a freaking phone that works...and...ready..... this is the kicker......"I can depend on!".
I in NO way shape or form trust this model of phone. Be it bad batches, rushed shipments,poor QC, whatever. Its not my fault. I paid for a phone I should have a phone that operates like it was meant to. Also, please...the offering of a Palm Pro, Snap, BB are in NO way compairable phones. Why is this even acceptable for Sprint to do? Are they depending on the averge consumer being so stupid and ill-informed about the product they are using that with hopes they will accept a lesser model only to pad Sprints bank account on the overall savings? This is why Sprint is sheading customers left and right. Do the right thing Sprint.

Oh, and for giggles I will add this also. Sprint does not offer a loner phone anymore. So when I had to again get a replacement and was told it might be 3-5 days I asked the Asst Mgr(Miamisburg Ohio store btw) if he thought it was ok for me to be without a phone for that time frame. He said "Yes"! For real are you joking? I would be happy with a NEW TP in box, at least I would feel better about that than a refub. BTW, taking the battery back off and seeing the scratchs and dents that happen during a refub process in NO makes me feel any better...LMAO

Sprint in NO way is trying to make customers happy. I guess they figure they have via contract so what do they care?...................next in line please!

Oh and I by no means want a free hand out. I just want what I paid for. It is what it is!

Thank god for my Scotch and Irish blood!
Blow'em Up, Shoot'em Down', Make'em ALL Hug The Ground!
Know your rights! Don't let the beaurocrats make your choices. Remember "For the people, by the people"
Old 10-28-2009, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

mike99 is just getting started

Well, my TP broke a few days ago. KB would not work, GPS is not working anymore, and it freezes all the time. Tried stock ROM, reflashing, resetting, to no avail. I was wandering if someone can recommens a repair shop in Chicagoland where they had good luck getting TP2.

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro