PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

I got my TP2 as a replacement for my 4th TP1. I dont really hang over here at TP1 anymore.. but I wanted to give a suggestion.

My suggestion is call Customer Service when it isnt busy, be really nice and tell them this:

" Hello. Im standing outside a sprint service center and before i go in and speak to a rep I want to make sure that it is clearly documented that i have had multiple issues with my phone and need to be given an opportunity to upgrade to a like phone that is currently available. "

Then when you go inside the store, they will see the notes and have to offer you something per customer service.

Tell them you need a winmo device for work and it has to be touch screen with a keyboard. If they offer you a TP... that matches your criteria and your stuck with it.

But they might offer you a Tour, Hero, Pre or my fave... The TP2. Politely say thank you and take home ur TP2. If they say that you need to wait a few days to get it.. thats fine.

Also, deal with a manager, be friendly. Dont dress like a douche, but not like a teenager either.

Good luck!

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 and HTC HERO...TECHNO JUNKIE!!!

STILLSPRINTIN is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
I got my TP2 as a replacement for my 4th TP1. I dont really hang over here at TP1 anymore.. but I wanted to give a suggestion.

My suggestion is call Customer Service when it isnt busy, be really nice and tell them this:

" Hello. Im standing outside a sprint service center and before i go in and speak to a rep I want to make sure that it is clearly documented that i have had multiple issues with my phone and need to be given an opportunity to upgrade to a like phone that is currently available. "

Then when you go inside the store, they will see the notes and have to offer you something per customer service.

Tell them you need a winmo device for work and it has to be touch screen with a keyboard. If they offer you a TP... that matches your criteria and your stuck with it.

But they might offer you a Tour, Hero, Pre or my fave... The TP2. Politely say thank you and take home ur TP2. If they say that you need to wait a few days to get it.. thats fine.

Also, deal with a manager, be friendly. Dont dress like a douche, but not like a teenager either.

Good luck!
Don't dress like a douche, lol!....Make sure to wear your corporate suit also with fresh polished shoes....DRESS FOR SUCCESS!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aceofspades923 is a n00b

Ok so if I understand this correctly, this is what I need to do to get a BB tour?

*I have TEP and it has been less than a year since I purchased the touch pro

- flash back to stock ROM
- relock phone
- make sure phone is still buggy
- go to repair store
- tell them about the problems
- (mention the Warrenty exchange list?)
- ask for a BB tour replacement

Anything I am missing here? Thanks for the replies.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTC touch-pro 2!
Carrier: sprint

dee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

no your good just do exactly that and the tour is yours! or.. exchange your touch pro for tp2 sell that on ebay and then buy (on ebay) a tour and enjoy the difference prob, 100-200$ - shipping..etc
Old 10-26-2009, 01:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bookerx3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceofspades923 View Post
Ok so if I understand this correctly, this is what I need to do to get a BB tour?

*I have TEP and it has been less than a year since I purchased the touch pro

- flash back to stock ROM
- relock phone
- make sure phone is still buggy
- go to repair store
- tell them about the problems
- (mention the Warrenty exchange list?)
- ask for a BB tour replacement

Anything I am missing here? Thanks for the replies.
I am not sure if you should mention the WEL list. I think that is what messed it up for a few people seeing as how we are really not supposed to know about it. In my situation they brought it up on their own and I just went along with it.

I recommend just see what they say first, if they offer to only replace it with another tp then bring up the list but not before. If they still won't do it, call customer support and try them because that is the avenue I had success with.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookerx3 View Post
I am not sure if you should mention the WEL list. I think that is what messed it up for a few people seeing as how we are really not supposed to know about it. In my situation they brought it up on their own and I just went along with it.

I recommend just see what they say first, if they offer to only replace it with another tp then bring up the list but not before. If they still won't do it, call customer support and try them because that is the avenue I had success with.
all i did was call a store and say that i called a store near my work and they had told me that upon having issues with my tp that sprint is moving people away from the tp and i asked what my options were as this store is more convienent for me.

my new tp2 will arrive tomorrow
Old 10-26-2009, 03:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate.spangler View Post
all i did was call a store and say that i called a store near my work and they had told me that upon having issues with my tp that sprint is moving people away from the tp and i asked what my options were as this store is more convienent for me.

my new tp2 will arrive tomorrow
Can you elaborate on this? You called this store and they told you the TP2 was available, and they ordered it for you without even examining your phone? Or, did you take it in the store after calling, proved you had issues, then they placed your order?

Also, I think that's smart: calling a store beforehand to see what the replacement options are (as each store is different). Although it may be a bit fishy (if they're keen to people trying to game the system).

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Old 10-26-2009, 06:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
Can you elaborate on this? You called this store and they told you the TP2 was available, and they ordered it for you without even examining your phone? Or, did you take it in the store after calling, proved you had issues, then they placed your order?

Also, I think that's smart: calling a store beforehand to see what the replacement options are (as each store is different). Although it may be a bit fishy (if they're keen to people trying to game the system).
Yeah, something definitely doesnt add up there, or at least something (well...a LOT of details) is missing.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate
Carrier: AT&T

coldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well I guess I'll add my story in also.....

I was on my 5th TP, but to be honest I really didn't want to go to the TP2 because I wanted to wait for the HD2 or something that has a bigger processor..... Anyway I called up customer service and got an "E-Ticket" put in about my phone having hardware problems (This time it was the speaker, only had the replacement for 3 weeks and the speaker is going out).

After talking to the retention rep and having them put the ticket in and submitting the ticket to a specific sprint store I went to the store and the talked to the manager.... he was very nice and actually all I wanted was a decent TP that had a hw build # of 003 or greater, which meant that I would hopefully not have anymore keyboard problems again..... he told me that instead of me getting an exchange and having to take the risk of having getting another bad phone that I could choose from the following phones:

BB - Tour, or Curve
Tre 850
HTC Snap

After looking at the phones I told him that I just wanted a phone that had the same capabilities as the TP that I had and that as long as I could remote desktop, edit office docs .... ect... that I was fine...... He told me that none of those phones could do everything that I wanted and just told me to pick any phone in the store.... including the .... Pre, Hero, TP2..... well I chose the TP2 and to top things off he also said that it would be an swap and not a upgrade...... So I get to keep my $150 upgrade!!!

All I could say to him was THANK YOU!!!! now I can upgrade again at anytime..... ( I think I''ll wait for the HD2.... but in the meantime will enjoy my TP2.

Please hit "Thanks" if I helped you.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kazanjig is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldheat06 View Post
All I could say to him was THANK YOU!!!! now I can upgrade again at anytime..... ( I think I''ll wait for the HD2.... but in the meantime will enjoy my TP2.
That's exactly what I'm planning to do. And my wife will get my TP2. It's about time she gets rid of her Katana and take advantage of our data plan.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro