View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 10:06 AM
coldheat06
Halfway to VIP Status

coldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Well I guess I'll add my story in also.....

I was on my 5th TP, but to be honest I really didn't want to go to the TP2 because I wanted to wait for the HD2 or something that has a bigger processor..... Anyway I called up customer service and got an "E-Ticket" put in about my phone having hardware problems (This time it was the speaker, only had the replacement for 3 weeks and the speaker is going out).

After talking to the retention rep and having them put the ticket in and submitting the ticket to a specific sprint store I went to the store and the talked to the manager.... he was very nice and actually all I wanted was a decent TP that had a hw build # of 003 or greater, which meant that I would hopefully not have anymore keyboard problems again..... he told me that instead of me getting an exchange and having to take the risk of having getting another bad phone that I could choose from the following phones:

BB - Tour, or Curve
Tre 850
HTC Snap

After looking at the phones I told him that I just wanted a phone that had the same capabilities as the TP that I had and that as long as I could remote desktop, edit office docs .... ect... that I was fine...... He told me that none of those phones could do everything that I wanted and just told me to pick any phone in the store.... including the .... Pre, Hero, TP2..... well I chose the TP2 and to top things off he also said that it would be an swap and not a upgrade...... So I get to keep my $150 upgrade!!!

All I could say to him was THANK YOU!!!! now I can upgrade again at anytime..... ( I think I''ll wait for the HD2.... but in the meantime will enjoy my TP2.

Please hit "Thanks" if I helped you.