PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyflynn View Post
Stores in New York now seem to be steering people away from Touch Pro 2s. Saying things like they aren't in stock so we can't order them.

It's an uncomfortable situation where they lie and put you in a position where you have to call them a liar - but you aren't supposed to be in a position to know they are lying.

I probably could have been more assertive and insisted the guy at least try to put in an order for the touch pro 2 but figured if the next one doesn't work, it'll be my third and I'll have the situation handled through retentions.

Gary you are so true....I went to the nearest Sprint store @ Bronx. Explain about the swap. Remind you this is my 5th TP. Dude ask me if I had a insurance and I reply "yes". So he instant message a other sprint store and see if they have the TP2. He was offering me $200 Bucks to swap the TP1 for a TP2 refurbish. I was like Oh wow not bad...and now I am seeing this thread..Like WTF! Now I am heading @ a sprint store @ Manhattan. That location will do the swap with no question ask...
Old 10-11-2009, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Systom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Systom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibara2003 View Post
I went to Dillingham. IMO, they're the best sprint store on the island. The techs there know what they're doing. I think that it helped that I've been through 4 replacements already. The tech just made sure that the problem existed and said that I could choose from the phones on the list. I needed to ask about the TP2 though because they don't have it, but ultimately, they said okay.

I will say, never go to the Ala Moana Blvd. store. Instead of exchanging my phone for a repeated problem as noted on my account, the techs wanted to repair it again. Ultimately, it didn't work and they messed up my antenna and I couldn't receive calls.

BTW, what stores did you go to?
What kinda problems were you having with your Touch Pro exactly, for each one and mostly the latest? And were you covered under the one year warranty or sprint's warranty? Yeah I think that makes a big difference having gone through it four times, with me, I just never bothered or had much time to bother until I heard about this, now I'm trying to make the time. Since I had some business on the leeward side today, I swung into the Kapolei Branch first which was a fail, then I headed out to the next closest branch which was the one in Pearl City where they just replaced the keyboards.
Guess I'll try to phone the folks at Dillingham tomorrow and see what they have to say about it.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systom View Post

Excellent. I'll try this tomorrow and see what they say, if not, I'll call Sprint directly.
LOL! Good luck!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro

dibara2003 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systom View Post
What kinda problems were you having with your Touch Pro exactly, for each one and mostly the latest? And were you covered under the one year warranty or sprint's warranty? Yeah I think that makes a big difference having gone through it four times, with me, I just never bothered or had much time to bother until I heard about this, now I'm trying to make the time. Since I had some business on the leeward side today, I swung into the Kapolei Branch first which was a fail, then I headed out to the next closest branch which was the one in Pearl City where they just replaced the keyboards.
Guess I'll try to phone the folks at Dillingham tomorrow and see what they have to say about it.
The first had a mic problem, second- sliding function was messed up, third- software problem with camera (they replaced the camera 2x and it still failed), fourth- my micro sd slot doesn't read. I'm under warranty, but i do have esrp. Is the Kapolei a repair center? If not, that's why they couldn't help.

Just try the Dillingham store tomorrow. I made like I was somewhat ignorant of what could be done, but led them on that I wanted a different model. Hope it works out for you.

If I didn't need a BB add-on, I would have taken the BB Tour they were offering me.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

haythammohamed1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to haythammohamed1

I HATE SPRINT...and i have every right to say that i have been with them for 7years...im on my 4th tp and for the people that think im switching it out because of cosmetic thing NO..the phone itself is horrible ...signal freezing heating 2hour battery life??? i mean ..give me a break and i called account services i got a hold of JASON..and let me tell you i have nothing against g** people but man he was horrible i never hated them so much i want a different phone but no ones willing to help..i bought my tp the DAY it came out for 220.00 and a 100 mail in rebate on top of that..and hes offering me 349.00 i mean really its 299.00 on the website..SOME ONE HELP ME>...this is beyond belief ALL I WANT A TP2

OH AND I DO HAVE INSURANCE and it hasnt even been a year
Old 10-11-2009, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: SP

EvgeniX is just getting started

does it have to be under 1 year TP only ???
Old 10-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvgeniX View Post
That's what I thought but no. They told me my phone was outside of warranty but since I have insurance it doesn't matter, they are still replacing it. Weird thing is that I dont have to pay anything, not even the deductible. Same thing happened when they replaced my Mogul a while back, it was outside of warranty but they essentially did an in-store insurance replacement.? I'm confused... but not complaining.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:56 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvgeniX View Post
are there sprint tp's more than a year old?
Old 10-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

CAphoneSTUD is a n00b

Glad I found this forum.

Welcome. This is my first post about my second TP. First one had multiple problems.

Second has been smooth with some minor issues until this weekend when major cascading problems erupted. Will elaborate later.

Called Tech Support multiple times this weekend. Tonight they offered a replacement from the list. TP2 it would be. I had not read this thread before talking with them. So didn't know. Lucky me, I thought.

But like others, they indicate it is OOS for order. They will contact stores tomorrow. Will report back.

Is anyone finding it possible to place an order when they are backordered? Some are claiming the system does not allow them to input the order. I'd be happy to wait on the order.

Last edited by CAphoneSTUD; 10-12-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

M240-A1 is a n00b

Now how exactly can a touch pro 2 already be a refurb . That tells me someone returned to get it replaced then sprint repairs it as a refurb. Is it now tp2 starting to have problems after a couple weeks

Last edited by M240-A1; 10-12-2009 at 12:15 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro