PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 08:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

iceturkee is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

this is sounding to me like a store to store issue. many of you are jumping through many hoops with little or no luck.

i had zero problem when i took my tp in earlier in the week when the modem wouldn't work. i didn't even ask for a tp2, it was offered to me if available.

i guess i am very fortunate. it sounds like it was a corporate mandate to replace defective tp's with the tp2. but as usual, in many cases, the left hand isn't talking to the right hand.

good luck.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

silverD16y71996 is just getting started

im so pissed of right now... so ive had 7 different touch pros, all have gone to shit... for bad keyboards, internet not working, screen dieing, all kinds of stuff...

so again i take it to sprint and tell them that this is just bull and that they need to do something about it, that i cant tell how many people have gotten the tp2 for smaller stuff that what i had happen to mine and again they say they will send me another refurb tp..

i call sprint and get the same run around.. what do i have to do break the damm phone my damm self to get a phone that works... the messed up part is i havent done anything to the phone to make them break..

im so pissed
Old 12-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverD16y71996 View Post
im so pissed of right now... so ive had 7 different touch pros, all have gone to shit... for bad keyboards, internet not working, screen dieing, all kinds of stuff...

so again i take it to sprint and tell them that this is just bull and that they need to do something about it, that i cant tell how many people have gotten the tp2 for smaller stuff that what i had happen to mine and again they say they will send me another refurb tp..

i call sprint and get the same run around.. what do i have to do break the damm phone my damm self to get a phone that works... the messed up part is i havent done anything to the phone to make them break..

im so pissed
Well patience is key in this sort of situation my friend. I had the same problem with my old Mogul and Touch. You should'nt go straight in and say, "But there's other people who got the Touch Pro 2, why can't I?!" They will immediatly say, "Just another scammer...", and will tell you everything you don't wan't to hear. Just go in there with a straight attitude, and say something like, "Sir, I am fed-up with this phone. I have had it replaced numerous times, and it is still giving me the same problems. I can't work with this phone anymore, and I wan't a different phone. It is your job to provide your customers with working phones, and with this phones history, I want a different phone. The Touch Pro 2." Say that, and tell me how it goes. And also, call Asurion and say the same thing, they are more likely to give you any phone that you wan't if you are persistant and straight-to-the point with them! Enjoy.
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
Old 12-19-2009, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintb View Post
Well patience is key in this sort of situation my friend. I had the same problem with my old Mogul and Touch. You should'nt go straight in and say, "But there's other people who got the Touch Pro 2, why can't I?!" They will immediatly say, "Just another scammer...", and will tell you everything you don't wan't to hear. Just go in there with a straight attitude, and say something like, "Sir, I am fed-up with this phone. I have had it replaced numerous times, and it is still giving me the same problems. I can't work with this phone anymore, and I wan't a different phone. It is your job to provide your customers with working phones, and with this phones history, I want a different phone. The Touch Pro 2." Say that, and tell me how it goes. And also, call Asurion and say the same thing, they are more likely to give you any phone that you wan't if you are persistant and straight-to-the point with them! Enjoy.
thats just it brother, im not going in there being irate, im telling them that ive gone through 7 phones... one of them didnt work out the box, they get the phone they go to set it up and BOOM the phone dies.. ive spoken to managers, ive call retentions, customer service... i dont need a tp2 i need a phone that works.. im tired and at the end of my whits
Old 12-19-2009, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

gofawkurself is a n00b

After 3 bad phones I was finally ok'd to get a touch pro2 when they have them back in stock to order for a replacement. who knows how long that is though. im excited but at the same time very impatient.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff

Quote:
thats just it brother, im not going in there being irate, im telling them that ive gone through 7 phones... one of them didnt work out the box, they get the phone they go to set it up and BOOM the phone dies.. ive spoken to managers, ive call retentions, customer service... i dont need a tp2 i need a phone that works.. im tired and at the end of my whits
Hm, well that's interesting. Where are you located? And seriously, try calling Asurion. Their Sprints insurance company who handles all their phones.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
does anyone else see what went wrong with this?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Hm, well that's interesting. Where are you located? And seriously, try calling Asurion. Their Sprints insurance company who handles all their phones.
located in san angelo, tx and ther only 1 sprint store around here. i thought assurion was only for lost phones.. i shouldnt have to pay 100 dollars for a phone that i didnt break, thats what insurance is for, its sprints phone they should fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
does anyone else see what went wrong with this?
it may look like im trying to shaft the system but beyond everything i need a phone that works, hell give me another tp, i dont mind i just want a phone that works... there are problems withthe touch pro... so sprint need to see this and do something about it, quit giving out phones that are not meeting their customrs standards. i use my phone constantly i have 3 extra batteries that i charge daily. i just need a phone

Last edited by silverD16y71996; 12-19-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
located in san angelo, tx and ther only 1 sprint store around here. i thought assurion was only for lost phones.. i shouldnt have to pay 100 dollars for a phone that i didnt break, thats what insurance is for, its sprints phone they should fix it

it may look like im trying to shaft the system but beyond everything i need a phone that works, hell give me another tp, i dont mind i just want a phone that works... there are problems withthe touch pro... so sprint need to see this and do something about it, quit giving out phones that are not meeting their customrs standards. i use my phone constantly i have 3 extra batteries that i charge daily. i just need a phone
No no no, Asurion is for replacements, and lost phones. Call them and tell them bluntly exactly what the problem is, and they will take much better care of your problem than Sprint is doing.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
No no no, Asurion is for replacements, and lost phones. Call them and tell them bluntly exactly what the problem is, and they will take much better care of your problem than Sprint is doing.
thanks brother ill try that route, hopefully i can get something solved ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro