PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tc3jg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tc3jg
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowglyder View Post
@tc3jg

Hmmm... my initial TP came from Asurion because the previous phone was stolen. I paid $100 deductible, and got them to send me a TP. But I went through Sprint when I had problems with it, and I've gone through 4 refurbs with them. Do you think I could call Asurion and they would have me on record as getting a TP from them, or did I screw myself because my latest faulty refurb TP is from Sprint?
ewww Im thinking you screwed yourself Snow because I think my dad just did the same thing and he is going to try and contact asurion and see if they can replace his as well but I think it has to be continuous with asurion.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

tc3jg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tc3jg

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowglyder View Post
@Dr.8820

tc3jg said otherwise. It sounds like since the phone Asurion sent out had problems, he worked with Asurion to get it replaced, until the replacements didn't work out, and they gave him a new TP2.
exactly..and they will replace their broke phones for up to a year at no cost to you as long as it is a malfunctioning phone on their part
Old 11-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

juicychus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3jg View Post
exactly..and they will replace their broke phones for up to a year at no cost to you as long as it is a malfunctioning phone on their part
good to know because they're replacing my mogul with a touch pro. i hope i don't get the same problems that everyone else is having.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

retardboy is a n00b

Did they're replacing your Mogul with a tp? Did they finally run out of Moguls?
Old 11-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

juicychus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by retardboy View Post
Did they're replacing your Mogul with a tp? Did they finally run out of Moguls?
they replaced my mogul with another broken mogul so i called to complain and they sent me the touch pro. i hope it's not a refurb.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion

I have started down this road. Here's my summary so far:

1) Went to Sprint ASC (not corp), they said that the Touch Pro was being swapped out for other phones, because it was a buggy POS. I kinda got my hopes up and told them some of my issues. Those being overheating and failure to charge/phone dying while plugged up when on a call, random lockups, getting voicemails with no alerts of missed calls, texts being sent when it says they aren't, not being able to answer calls sometimes... you know, the usual stuff you expect on a Touch Pro.

The guy was ready to help me, but he pointed to a crack on the chrome bezel of my phone. He said since the chrome was damaged, I'd have to go through Asurion and pay the deductable for physical damage. He said he I could get a TP from them, which would of course have the same issues, then come swap it out for a different phone at his store.

I didn't make the argument that the chrome was of poor quality and that it would eventually crack with normal wear and tear. (I have had this TP for just over a year.) I had my friend in the store with me who also has a TP, and his chrome is cracked in the same place. heh.

Anyway, I asked what phones I could swap it for, if I got another buggy one from Asurion... of course he offered me the Snap and a Treo. He said "just whatever we have in stock." He assured me I wouldn't be downgraded. Then another customer with a TP he was getting serviced started talking about the TP2. So I ask the guy, "what about the TP2?" He said the TP2 was NOT one of the phones he could swap the TP for. Seeing a dead end at this point, I didn't press the issue and left the store.

2) Disgruntled, I called *2, and expressed my frustration that my normal wear and tear was being considered physical damage. The first CSR basically told me "too bad", and wouldn't let me talk to a manager, and hung up on me. But he did give me a number to "returns", which was obviously the wrong department. But I called anyway, and the nice fellow there sent me to tech support.

I told the tech support guy my story, and he said his computer was telling him I had to go to a store, but he was going to override that, and do an Advanced Exchange. I told him I heard there was a list of phones I could swap with, and he said that was wrong and put me on hold to set up the order.

Well, a minute later he came back and said he'd never seen this before, but in fact there WAS a list of other phone to choose from. The same shitty ones: the snap, the treo, etc. Then he said something like "wait, I think the TP2 should be on here" and put me on hold again. Then he came back and said no, the TP2 wasn't eligible for a swap out, and that he'd send me a replacement TP.

Again, not wanting to press my luck, I decided to get the refurb TP for free, which at least will be free of any scratches or cracks on the chrome. It also gives me another avenue to pursue when I am offered ANOTHER replacement TP for the same issues.

Gonna play with this one a few days. I am pretty sure it's going to be as buggy as the last one, and I wouldn't be surprised if the screen or keyboard doesn't go out. The screen already went wonky on me once, but a soft reset fixed it. If that doesn't pan out, I'll hit the store up again, armed with "this is my third TP! I need something else!" argument. Knowing the only comparable replacement is a TP2. The snap is a JOKE!

Anyway, for anyone collecting info, I am in Nashville, and I went to the store on Donelson Pike. Cool guys, but they don't seem to wanna come off a TP2. There are about 4 other ASC's in the area, and I'll go to them all before giving up.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterion View Post
So I ask the guy, "what about the TP2?" He said the TP2 was NOT one of the phones he could swap the TP for.........I told him I heard there was a list of phones I could swap with, and he said that was wrong and put me on hold to set up the order.

you did everything right except for these two things. never mention the list, and don't ask for a tp2, let it be offered.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

I agree with not mentioning the list but in the case of not bringing up the TP2, unless you want about 20 or 30 TPs you might press the fact that it is the MODEL and that only another comparable model will do.

I am to the point that even tho the 'screen' will not let you, we need to talk to someone who can let it be done.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

worshipNtribute is a n00b

Hey guys, just got a new TP2!

I've never had my touch pro replaced and have had it for about a year. I'm also on the SERO plan. I called the service number and talked to them.
I told them I was getting dropped calls in my house when I still had bars and that when I tried to do full charges (when the battery was below 30-40%) the phone would lock up and a few soft resets / taking the battery out would fix it, but sometimes it has stayed locked up for over an hour.

They transferred me to tech support, I repeated what I said, and the lady tried talking me into getting a new phone since the touch pro has been flagged as a defective device. I was offered the TP2 and the Pre (the lady was suprised, she said they were taken off the list until recently) and I asked for the TP2. It'll be here on Monday.

This quells a few rumors.
SERO customers can get their phones replaced.
First time TP replacements can happen.
TP2 is definately one of the phones offered to replace the TP.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah, I'm a SERO customer and I got my TP exchanged for a TP2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro