PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

UPDATE:

Got a call from the store that said they'd order me a TP2 today, and they told me they couldn't do it. Only another TP or a a downgrade. Going to get back with Executive Support again Monday, but I'm starting to get upset here!
Old 12-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterion View Post
UPDATE:

Got a call from the store that said they'd order me a TP2 today, and they told me they couldn't do it. Only another TP or a a downgrade. Going to get back with Executive Support again Monday, but I'm starting to get upset here!
Was this an Third party repair center? A similar thing happened to me and the third party center directed me to a corp store where could order a TP2 and hopefully will come in on Wednesday...
Just make sure they notated your account.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion

They did notate the account. I got Adv. Tech support, and he made me an eTicket to go to the corp store, and put notes in there advising them of what's going on, and hopefully to get a TP2.

THERE IS A NOTE ON MY ACCOUNT saying I was offered the TP2! I'll head to the corp store and hopefully get some love from the manager there. Though shatner on here already said they're rude *******s at this store. We'll see. Wish my luck guys.

The rep in Adv. Tech support did tell me his manager wouldn't be able to just send me a new phone, though I know others in here have gone that route, and were able to get one from that chain: Tech Support -> Adv. Tech Support -> Escalations. I'll keep calling in until someone does it if this corp store thing doesn't work out.

Cross your fingers, guys!
Old 12-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

soinkster is keeping up the good worksoinkster is keeping up the good work

called today still out of stock
Old 12-19-2009, 03:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I posted a link in another Touch Pro thread to slickdeals where you can get a Touch Pro for $49.99. You have to be eligible for a $75 or $150 upgrade. You get to keep your plan except for SERO.

I ordered mine and got it within 10 days. It comes out even better than having Sprint replacing your TP1 because you get to keep it and sell it later. So you actually can make money on the upgrade.

No reason to bang you head against Sprint CS or service centers. Give it a try.
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1742804

(if you are opening a new line of service, PM me and we can both get a $25 credit)
Old 12-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

art you may have better luck than I since I always went after 5 on a weekday, hopefully you will have another shift of people.

The guy I delt with was the guy with the rectangle glasses and greyish hair. Downright insulted the WM platform said it was always buggy unlike the pre and BBs..... very quiet guy and of few words.

Just make sure you sign in immediately or you will wait forever before even being acknowledged.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

No luck at the Corp. Store in Brentwood, TN. I was basically told I was trying to scam them, and they acted like the unread text problem didn't exist. I sat down with the tech, my TP in one hand and his TP2 in the other and showed him the difference. They offered me the same crappy phones, saying they were "comparable", but I said we could compare the specs of each, and they'd be inferior in every way. The only comparable phone spec-wise was the TP2. You're just trading a dpad and LED for an improved screen. I told the the only comparable phone they offered was the TP, but they are all coming in buggy on the latest ROM.

Another tech tried to tell me I had to tap each message, but in demonstrating how to do it, he could scroll down or get it to register a tap; it just selected text.

What a joke. I told the manager there I needed to speak with his district manager, and he wouldn't give me her info, but told me he'd have her call me within 48 hours. If she doesn't, I'm going to google that shit up and she's definitely going to hear from me.

Right now I guess my angle is waiting on the rep with executive support to follow up Monday. I called back to try Advanced Tech -> Escalations twice, but they kept telling me they couldn't send me a phone. I asked who could help me, since no one will, and he said I could try talking to Account Services, but I got hung up on there. (Maybe "disconnected")

I have a legitimate issue and I am starting to get really pissed off. I'm about to start calling the executives or do a mass email to their addresses which are listed on Consumerist. This is just ignorant.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Gelladuga69 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Gelladuga69

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave101 View Post
i just got my tp swapped for a tp2. the sprint store @ 23 mile and gratoit, chesterfield, mi is VERY customer friendly. the tech guy ordered it np.
he said he knows the tp are garbage
-david
Thanks.
I'll make the half hour drive up there.

Verizon 1.03.09V Radio
EnergyROM 28011 - 12/24/09 - Sense 2.1
Android 2.0.1 (Eclair)
Old 12-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterion View Post
I have a legitimate issue and I am starting to get really pissed off. I'm about to start calling the executives or do a mass email to their addresses which are listed on Consumerist. This is just ignorant.
It really isnt a "legitimate issue". I am not going to squabble with you about it, but a legitimate issue is not being able to receive calls, keyboard not working, phone falling apart, something that is a hindrance to the phone working. Asking sprint to upgrade you because you have to tap on the text inbox an extra time or two is not what I would consider legitimate, and the solution that should be offered to you is to downgrade the rom to an earlier one. They are supposedly already working on a fix, so trying to use this excuse to get sprint to give you a free phone is not going to work most of the time.

Last edited by muyoso; 12-19-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
It really isnt a "legitimate issue". I am not going to squabble with you about it, but a legitimate issue is not being able to receive calls, keyboard not working, phone falling apart, something that is a hindrance to the phone working. Asking sprint to upgrade you because you have to tap on the text inbox an extra time or two is not what I would consider legitimate, and the solution that should be offered to you is to downgrade the rom to an earlier one. They are supposedly already working on a fix, so trying to use this excuse to get sprint to give you a free phone is not going to work most of the time.
That's total crap, and you are squabbling about it. If you send and receive 100's of texts a day, it becomes a huge issue. And the phone isn't exactly the snappiest in going in and out of threads. I've given Sprint chance after chance to fix it (even downgrade the ROM), and they can't, so they should be willing to put me in a phone without that issue, that isn't a big step down.

Yeah, and HTC or Sprint might be working on a possible fix, but who knows when or if that will really come. It's not an excuse, it's a real usability issue. I spent $300 on this phone, and if it had worked this way out of the gate, they would've had it back in their hands the first 30 days.

That's overlooking the other design flaws of the phone (which this refurb also exhibits) which cause it to overheat, stop charging, and drain the battery. I should know, I've spent many hours on the phone with Sprint the past few days. This one also has the home key sticking up, and it snags on everything.

I mean, maybe to you none of that matters, but this is last year's Mercedes, and if they can't fix, they need to give me this year's Mercedes, not try to pawn me off into a Nissan Sentra, and not tell me to just suck it up and drive it around with no heated seats, or electrochromatic mirrors, or traction control, because I paid for those features, and I paid for the insurance to keep them working.

ANYWAY UPDATE:

Called *2 in exasperation of wasting 5 more hours and being treated rudely. Advanced Tech support sent me to Account Services, who sent me to their Management Team. The call dropped, and I thought I'd have to start over, but the guy from the management team actually called me back and told me he's resolved my issue!

He called the corp store in Madison, TN and spoke with the manager, who said he had no problem giving me a TP2 through their multiple exchange program so long as my phone didn't have physical damage. So I have to drive out there and have it looked at, and they'll ship a TP2 to my house. I asked him if I was going to have an Out of Stock problem, and he said definitely not. He said if they carried the phone there, he'd just hand me one out of their stock, so I guess I'm getting NIB. The guy in Account Services told me the way the store agreed to do it, and the way it's notated on the account now, that the store MUST give me a TP2 or it becomes a legal issue. (!!)

I'm gonna head there and get my phone inspected now, we'll see if this is another wasted 3 hours. (It's about an hour away.)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro