PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

iceturkee is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

good thing my new phone is in because last night and this morning, i was greeted with a security message which wouldn't let me access the phone. had to remove the battery and put it back in to get it to work. its dropping calls like crazy and i have an airave in my house too.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

got the phone and a new battery, nothing else.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceturkee View Post
got the phone and a new battery, nothing else.
I figure if that happens to me, it'll be ok since it'll not be a TP1.

You have coverage? TEP or ESRP? If so- Nib or refurb, Sprint should still take care of you...
Old 12-18-2009, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

i have coverage. the phone didn't come in a box with accessories, other than the battery. the charger is the same.

i shouldn't complain because its a tp2. but does anyone know, can i use the same cd rom that came with my tp, with the tp2? if not, how can i get one? call sprint and/or htc? thanks.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:43 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

try Sprint.com/support/choose your device
Old 12-18-2009, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion

Still no luck! Executive Support sent me to the store, where they told me they couldn't fix my phone. They offered to replace it with only another TP. The rep in Executive Support said she'd call me back today, and didn't. I called for her twice, but both times she was on another call, and promised to call me back. She never did. I asked if someone else there could help me, but I was told if she was my analyst for my case number, I needed to speak with her again.

Might go try the tech support -> adv tech support -> manager again. Someone somewhere needs to give me a working phone!

UPDATE:

Got a call back from the woman with Exec Support. She asked how my trip to the store went, and I told her they couldn't help me, except by ordering me another TP1. She put me on hold and called the store. She came back to me with their tech on the other line and said since I had so many exchanges, Sprint would give me a different device. The tech told her the ones he was sure he could get me off of his head was the Pre, the Snap, Curve, and the "Pro 2". I asked if that was the "Touch Pro 2" and she said yes. I told her that's the only one that was comparable to what I had, and that's the only one I'd be able to live with.

She put me on hold again to tell the tech, and she said it would be ordered for me! She said that since it was so late today it might not be in until Tuesday. I am really just waiting for the guy at the store to call me Monday when he actually tries to order it and tell me it's OOS, and I have to take a crappy phone or another TP1. But cross your fingers he will actually get me a TP2!

If not, the woman from exec support is going to follow up with me and make sure I got everything taken care of. I guess if he gives me OOS, I'll take it up with her and maybe she can do something else.

Last edited by Arterion; 12-18-2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Post Scriptum
Old 12-18-2009, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

vindication84 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to vindication84

Okay, so last week my TP's keyboard crapped out so I took it into a repair store near me to get it repaired. The guy there couldn't repair it so he just ordered me a refurb. I picked up the refurb Tuesday just to find that the top screen was not flush with the bottom-- the lower part was raised up at least 1mm. So I just called *2 and after a while they transferred me to the exchange department. The guy told me that he could order me a replacement TP and I asked him if I could swap for a different device. He put me on hold and came back with the list- HTC Snap, Treo Pro, BBerry Curve, Palm Pre, or another Touch Pro. I was, of course, not happy with those so I asked if I could swap for the TP2 because they were comparable. He told me "Unfortunately, no. It's a brand new device so they're not willing to trade those out yet. Possibly sometime in the near future they would allow that, but not now. I'm even surprised the Pre's on there.." I was really close to ordering the Pre, but since the exchange path isn't reversible, I just asked him for another Touch Pro. Hopefully when something happens to this new refurb, my luck will be better!
#1 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Got it wet, did Asurion replacement
#2 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Got it NIB, but keyboard died after 2.5 months
#3 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Refurb, hardware problems. Yuck.
#4 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Refurb, slow keyboard decay, hoping for a Touch Pro2!
Old 12-18-2009, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dOOfus is just getting started

So about a month ago, a store replaced my phone with a brand new TP. I was happy with it until recently when it started overheating and locking up overnight. I called into advanced tech support and they transferred me to multiple exchange. The guy said he can't authorize a replacement over the phone because I already replaced my phone multiple times within the year. I explained to him that this would not be the case if they would actually give me a working phone. He said my only options are to go into the store, resign a contract, or go through asurion.

Update: I decided to give asurion a call and learned that they warranty their phones for 1 year. I told them my problems and they escalated my call. I explained my problems once again and he stated he will be sending me another TP. I told him how this was my 4th TP and I would like a different model. He offered me the curve, tour, treo pro, and snap. I asked him if there were any models with a large screen, windows mobile, and slide out keyboard and he offered me the TP2 with no deductible since I got my original TP back in April. I should be receiving it Monday.

Last edited by dOOfus; 12-19-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:31 AM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

After looking into my options, it turns out that if I get the TP2 upgrade, i can get the phone for about ~$279 bucks. I get the $100 mail in rebate and it ends up around $179.

Then, i could use the sprint buy back program (what a joke) and sell my TP1 back for $78. This would bring my new phone down to $101.

I think I might take the upgrade route, sell my phone on ebay (it's still better than any TP you'll get from sprint or verizon!) and recoup my money that way. I also have 1 in perfect condition TP with case, holster etc so maybe that'll pay for another phone. Just not excited about another 2 year contract with sprint.

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 12-19-2009, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Beast Rooted & Unleash!!

turboll is a n00b

for those still trying dont give up! keep tellin them you only want a windows device like the tp! eventually you will find somebody that agrees with you! dont worry santa hasnt stop at you house yet but he will hes been delivering ours so we can have fun! just be patient he has a lot more to deliver!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro