PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

zxcvzxcv is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

they told me that if I picked one up from a sprint store then I would have to pay full retail price. They are sending me a touch pro replacement for free. I wonder if it will be a refurb or NIB
Old 12-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
Wow, that's the first I've heard of HTC playing a role. I wonder if they (Sprint/HTC) just dont want to spread the word about it. I mean how much would both stand to lose if everyone were going to turn in their TP1 (or at least the one with problems - which is still a lot it seems).
Actually, that was the second time I heard it. I first emailed Dan@sprint and I got a phone call response. The lady I spoke to said "Sprint is aware that there is an issue and is working closely with HTC"..Then the Corp store rep told me pretty much the same thing as I stated in the other post.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 12-13-2009, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

marinemissez is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKO10 View Post
Even if the store doesn't have it in stock, the store can order it for you. (at least that's what happened to me)
But that's only if they are actually going to do the swap. Mine was ordered as well and came in 2 days later.

If you've been helped, a 'THANKS' is very polite!
Old 12-13-2009, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

marinemissez is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvzxcv View Post
they told me that if I picked one up from a sprint store then I would have to pay full retail price. They are sending me a touch pro replacement for free. I wonder if it will be a refurb or NIB
It's very likely a refurb.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

theroyalwe is just getting started

Well I just got my 4th TP last Thursday... it's locked up every night. For the first time I haven't even flashed the phone. I'm still on the stock, unlocked ROM. Anyway I went into the sprint repair store in the mall near me, told the guy it's my 4th and this one is now crapping out and he brought up my account... printed some sort of ticket and told me that my new TP2 is on the way and will be there Tuesday. I didn't even have to do any pushing at all. I don't know if my being a 'sprint premier' member matters at all or not. I'm just happy that they didn't make me jump through any hoops or anything.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277

I was at a repair center about 2 weeks ago and their system was finally allowing TP2's to be replaced. Prior it was only another TP, BB, Palm Pre, or something else. They called me and said it was going through until it got to the final screen and it popped up Out of Stock. I'll keep you updated when I get mine.....eventually.
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
Old 12-14-2009, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

zxcvzxcv is a n00b

Did you get a replacement TP or just tell them you're waiting until a Tp2 comes in stock?
Old 12-14-2009, 02:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

theroyalwe is just getting started

I don't buy the whole 'not in stock' story... the guy at the sprint store on Saturday just ordered one... showed in stock. Now it's going to be a new full kit so unless the problem is that they are waiting for refurb tp2's you should be able to have one ordered.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

they are waiting for referbs most of the time, I got my TP2 2 weeks ago, I called every other day and talked to the advanced replacement department, they told me none where in stock, when they finally where the lady i was talking to said their where only 26 originally put in that day and only 6 where left!

Im PERFECTLY fine with getting a referb (phone/battery only)! and since having the TP2 the only things i can say i miss are some of the buttons on the keyboard (well biggest of all the TAB key... since i use the crap out of it both on desktop/laptop/phone.. well when i had the TP i should say), the camera button (well center DPad) and of course the FLUSH volume up/down... i bump them so often when in landscape (keyboard out) mode... AND THE CRAPPY BT STACK WHICH SUCKS SO MUCH ITS UNHEARD OF!!!

Good luck everyone
Old 12-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalwe View Post
I don't buy the whole 'not in stock' story... the guy at the sprint store on Saturday just ordered one... showed in stock. Now it's going to be a new full kit so unless the problem is that they are waiting for refurb tp2's you should be able to have one ordered.
I think for the most part, they're looking @ the refurb stock. From what I understand, NIB exchanges are typically reserved for very "hot" or high priority customers and the store management is most likely required to provide justification when they order one, especially when its a different model than the phone being replaced. However, a refurb exchange is what the TEP allows for, including a different model after a certain number of exchanges, so those can go through without a lot of kick back.

Again, as has been the mantra for this entire thread, it depends on the store/rep you talk to. Some stores/reps don't want to hassle w/ the paperwork involved in ordering a NIB TP2 (or just may not be aware that they can), so if refurb stock is out, they just say "sorry, its out of stock." Whereas, other stores/reps that actually give a crap about the customer experience and are willing to go the extra mile, will likely order a NIB if available. Sadly, it appears the latter are few and far between.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro