PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, ZE12.1 kernel & CL14
Carrier: Sprint

boiker is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

We'll i caved in, got rid of my grandfathered plan and accepted a Samsung Moment for my Touch Pro replacement. Short Review: The Moment is incomparable to the Touch Pro and I'm sensing that Android is incomparable to Windows Mobile. The ease of use is astounding on this device and I have not yet had one GPS issue, one freeze, one missed call, overheat issue or keyboard glitch. Now, I've only had it for 2 days, but the last refurb TP that I had was being hard and soft reset on a daily basis.

Good luck to all who are suffering with faulty TPs. I don't know why I was given the android options, but I'm happy I was.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
Yeah, I'm a SERO customer and I got my TP exchanged for a TP2.
Well, my TP over heat twice and then hard reset. I called and am being sent to the store b/c the last TP replacement was within 30days.

I think I'll wait until the Black Friday madness is over first...
Old 11-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

rrumi001 is a n00b

My touch pro has given me so much issue and it had been replaced multiple times. So I decided to go to another different sprint store, and see what they will do for me. Initially they told me that they would replace it with the Pre, and some other BS phones. I said NO...and that I need a phone with windows mobile and full slide out keyboard. The rep said "I don't know what to do, those are the only phones we can offer."

So I told them that since my contract is over, I would have to consider some other phones from sprint and other companies and make a decision. I left the store, but I came back couple of minutes later and innocently asked for the touch pro II pretending that I only found out about the phone just now. The reps looked at each other and said that the TP2 has been out of stock for some time now, and I told them that I could call back periodically and they finally said fine.

Today I call back, the rep who I spoke with had no idea and doesn't remember our conversation. So, I explain everything again and she puts on hold and orders me TP2!!!

But, I asked her if it was a new one and she said it's a reconditioned one. WTH?

How the heck do they already have reconditioned TP2? Didn't most of you guys get a NIB TP2? Is their a chance that I might still get a NIB TP2 (since sprint may not even have any refurbished TP2 or at least I hope they don't)?

Last edited by rrumi001; 11-27-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Well here is how my day dealing with sprint has gone so far. First I go to the sprint chat and explain that I received a refurb through advanced exchange and it is defective (overheats, won't charge, dropped calls, ect) and I am told to call tech support and they will be able to do something.

So I call tech support and they tell me i have to go to the sprint store. then I ask if they could do an exchange over the phone and the rep said no because too many people have been exchanging their phones without having problems so according to her the new policy is they have to do the exchanges in a store (goes to show no two sprint reps will give you the same answer to a question). The rep said she will put a note on my account. What good that will do I have no idea.

So I guess I will be taking a hour drive one way to get to a sprint store. I would have been happy with a working touch pro but since I can't get that I will be pushing for a touch pro 2. I just hope it isn't a waste of my time.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

austerville is becoming a great contributor

Well I'm in shock!! After calling either stores or CS at least 3 times a week for about a month I called this morning and the nice lady ordered me a TP2 within about 2 minutes of answering the phone. It's a little surreal right now and I'm trying VERY hard not to get excited, since I'm actually expecting to get a TP, instead of a TP2. All I received is an E-ticket confirmation, with no specifics, so I'll believe this when I see it. Hopefully the saga ends for me, but that was too easy (just today's call, not overall) so watch this space for an update when I receive the phone. I hope that it will be good news that I received a TP2.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:02 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

The keyboard on my latest TP has finally started acting up (YESSSS, this one took like 3 months, a new record). I'm only glad to have it act up so I can complain till I get something else. I'm going to start the calls today. I was going to hold out in hopes of an HD2, or an Android phone... but it's time to stick to my guns I guess. A friend just got a Droid - and it's nice.

Anyway, I'll post with my success and what goes on. All the employees in the Sprint store here know me by first name because I am in there with dead TP's so much. They feel bad for me, but can't do anything for me because it's not corporate - they don't stock the TP2 at all. I've never abused any of them, in fact, this is the only one that's been "abused," it's also my first refurb. I had it in my hand longboarding, hit a stone while I was reading a text and went flying off and the corner of the phone hit the concrete, chipping up the chrome a little.

I've been hoping for a long time that this phone would die - even considered opening it up and unplugging the keyboard a little... I'm just so very sick of the thing. The home key on this one is seriously high, it gets caught on my pocket all of the time and it's ripping the fabric underneath it.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Ok, time for me to chime in....This will shock you all

History:
  1. Had the BNIB (brand new in box) TP1 that I bought for $300 (After all said and done, a wash with my current phone of that time). Worked fine for almost 10 months until the button failed.
  2. Got a refurbish TP1. The USB wouldn’t sync FOR nothing. The tech said the connector was broken.
  3. Got another refurb. The Tech at the store said that the phone was missing parts (like RAM) from the inside of the phone. And that is why the camera wasn’t working.
  4. Got another TP after turning down a BlackBerry, Treo Pro, Or HTC Snap. Comon Sprint, those are all downgrades!!!. 6 hours later, the screen fails. Can’t see a blasted thing!!!
So call up sprint support first thing Friday morning, speak to a rep, says I should go into a store and get a tp2.

So I go in, the say "1 hour and we will fix your phone". I come back in a hour, screen works! W00T!!! Go to the car, try to reply to an e-mail, no KB.
Turn around, back into store, give phone back to tech. They say they must order parts/refurb. I said, "but the guy on the phone said I could get a different phone?"
pull out the lists from pocket (BB tour, HTC Snap, Treo Pro, HTC TP2). "No can do on tp2" she says...
I am like but they are all downgrades!!!
Finally she calls manager, get approval, tp2 will be here Wednesday.

Yes, I asked for a tp2, mentioned the wel replacement program, got it. I was having legitimate problems...I pleaded, but stayed firm.
I didn't want to keep coming back to store, I didnb't want a phone without TF3D, VGA, sliding KB, WinMo. Yes I would be happy with TP1 that worked....but it was not meant to be.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

I just got off the phone with Sprint. The lady at first offered to replace my phone with a Touch Pro 2, and when she went to process it, it was out of stock. She asked her "manager" what else we could do, and he said that the phone was out of stock, and they werent able to offer the Touch Pro 2 as replacements and wont be for quite some time.

They did try to re-offer the Snap, Blackberry, Palm Pre or another Touch Pro.. After getting my hopes up and telling me the TP2 was an option at first...then promptly bursting my bubble with the OOS bull. She made a note on the account for me to visit a store, so I am trying that next. Time to drive a good 1.5 hours to the nearest sprint store.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

Last edited by BooDaddy; 11-27-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

austerville is becoming a great contributor

Looks like my replacement phone shipped with next day air. Their website shows that they're expecting a TP back from me, but "replacement phone model" has not been filled in. They sure know how to keep me in suspense. UPS tracking shows 0.8 lb weight, but that doesn't help me any since I don't know the weight of a TP2 and I'd guess that it's an estimated weight. I guess I'll find out when it gets here.

Edit: I just checked the UPS tracking info from the last refurb TP that I was sent and the weight was 0.4lb - so it appears that I seemed to have been sent something else this time. Hopefully it's not a BNIB TP, where the manuals and charger account for the extra weight. It's going to be a slow weekend until monday's delivery.

Last edited by austerville; 11-27-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

well giving an update. i called my nearest corp store, talked to a lady tech, explained the whole story. asked her what she could do before i drove down there. she was nice and reviewed my notes, came back about 3 minutes later and said, i can switch you into a TP2. she left a note on my account, i drove to the store, and they swapped me! No questions asked!.
they brought out a new in box unit and transfered all my data to it. while i was checking out the goodies in the box.
Im posting this on my new TP2 sitting at my table at Olive Garden

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro