PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

congrats boo daddy! hopefully everyone can get outta the tp!
Old 11-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rrumi001 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Did any of you guys receive a refurbished TP2? Is that even possible?
Old 11-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrumi001 View Post
there are a couple floating around out there, but it's better than the overheating tp!
Old 11-28-2009, 01:20 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Quote:
I received a New in the Box unit with all the accessories and manuals. I had my phone swapped at the nearest Corporate Store.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 11-28-2009, 01:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

It turns out my drive to the Sprint store was worth it. I go into the store and explain the problems I was having with my touch pro and after a minute or two of this guy doing something on his touch pro 2 he tells me there is a list of replacement options including the htc snap touch pro 2 and some other crappy phones (his actual words) then says he recommends the touch pro 2. Turns out he had a touch pro and told me he had the same problems with his that I had with mine.

So after being surprised I was being offered a touch pro 2 within minutes of walking in and no one even looking at my phone he goes to place the order. Then he tells me it is out of stock. A minute later he says there is a different way he can order it and another employee says to him "you can do it that way but you will get yelled at" (at that point I am not sure what they were talking about). Anyways he goes and talks to the manager for a minute and comes out and says I will have a brand new touch pro 2 on Monday or Tuesday at the latest and they will call me when they get it.

In all of this excitement I forgot to ask for printed confirmation of the order. I hope they actually call me back like they said. It just seems like this was too easy.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:56 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post
It turns out my drive to the Sprint store was worth it. I go into the store and explain the problems I was having with my touch pro and after a minute or two of this guy doing something on his touch pro 2 he tells me there is a list of replacement options including the htc snap touch pro 2 and some other crappy phones (his actual words) then says he recommends the touch pro 2. Turns out he had a touch pro and told me he had the same problems with his that I had with mine.

So after being surprised I was being offered a touch pro 2 within minutes of walking in and no one even looking at my phone he goes to place the order. Then he tells me it is out of stock. A minute later he says there is a different way he can order it and another employee says to him "you can do it that way but you will get yelled at" (at that point I am not sure what they were talking about). Anyways he goes and talks to the manager for a minute and comes out and says I will have a brand new touch pro 2 on Monday or Tuesday at the latest and they will call me when they get it.

In all of this excitement I forgot to ask for printed confirmation of the order. I hope they actually call me back like they said. It just seems like this was too easy.
Looks like I'll hit my Sprint store tomorrow too - it's not corporate but the guys there know me, so maybe I can have them check the list. IPSC Wireless better be up to date on this crap. They DID deny the TP's existence till like two months after I had it at Best Buy though...
Old 11-28-2009, 02:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

kitts is keeping up the good workkitts is keeping up the good work

Just an update:

Got a NIB TP2 today from the store. They had ordered it on 24th for the other people in their waiting list. All of us got the New in the box TP2. They still do not have the refurbished TP2s in the stock. They couldn't keep the customers on waiting list for long. so they ordered the new ones.

I am happy, see you all at the TP2 forums.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

CaliforniaPlaya is just getting started

Quote:
I did. Just an update. I posted a few pages back that I went into a Sprint repair center to get my TP repaired/replaced again, third time in a month. All legitimate issues, dead keyboard or screen all times. The lady working in the store said she wanted to get me a different kind of phone so I don't have to keep coming back with problems, but said she wasn't authorized to make that change in store. She advised I call customer service from the store, explain the issue, and see if they will authorize a different device. They did, and even suggested getting the TP2...I agreed.

It arrived today, a refurbished TP2, stylus, and battery - nothing else. I incorrectly thought that it needed a sim card to be activated on Sprint's network, so I called tech support. They are sending me a sim card, but also advised that the sim is not needed on Sprint's network. I found the manual on Sprint's site in case I need it. Refurbished or new, doesn't really matter to me. I figure if I would have gotten another TP it would have been refurbished and odds are at some point I will have to have this one exchanged for another refurbished one. And its better than the luck (or lack of) a few people are having on here. So far this thing rocks.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
Looks like I'll hit my Sprint store tomorrow too - it's not corporate but the guys there know me, so maybe I can have them check the list. IPSC Wireless better be up to date on this crap. They DID deny the TP's existence till like two months after I had it at Best Buy though...
Good luck- I just got my TP replaced with another TP but the guy was very nice and gave me one they were holding but the customer had not picked it up yet.

The build of this one actaully seems pretty solid.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

WmDuchess is becoming a great contributor

yea i had been dealing with sprint for a couple months now from my gps not working to phone freezing or powercycling on its own. finally on Wednesday i dropped my phone and the screen turned black with a white line going up and down. then i turned off then turned on and my screen was completely black.. the backlight turns on but still black.. i had to wait till today (saturday) to go to sprint store. tech told me they didnt have replacement phones or parts for tp so he going to order me a different phone because he saw this is going to be my 5th replacement he said a tp2 so i was like YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (inside) but outside i was like o man for real.. is it the same as mine. he said yea im like ok cool.. i just dont want this to keep happening.. and i walked out with no confirmation. i hope he was BS me. ima call sprint in a while and ask.. atleast i can use my keyboard to dial..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro