PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 12:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Got the TP2! Great phone, great feel, all around a better deal. This is EXACTLY what the TP should have been in the first place. Only gripes I have are the location of the soft reset button and no flash but I can live without them. Thanks to the OP and the rest of you out there for your info, and I hope I see you guys over in the TP2 sections!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:11 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

@ isloth, if you're offered another tp, take it. but being nice and calm goes a long way with these reps. if you are demanding in any way, they will not help you. good luck soldier.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis View Post
Got the TP2! Great phone, great feel, all around a better deal. This is EXACTLY what the TP should have been in the first place. Only gripes I have are the location of the soft reset button and no flash but I can live without them. Thanks to the OP and the rest of you out there for your info, and I hope I see you guys over in the TP2 sections!
that's what i say! tp2 is what the tp should've been! and don't worry about the soft reset button, you can always just hold the power button on top and it'll still do the same thing.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion

Round Two:

Went to a sprint ASC in Columbia, TN with the refurb TP I got last week, because it isn't marking my texts as read correctly, and because texts and opera have been locking it up the phone. The manager there saw it happen. So she calls sprint technical support, because this is "their problem" because they sent me the phone just last week.

I go to TS -> Advanced TS -> Then some other guy who answered as "escalations" or something. His claim was that he and everyone in his office had TP's, and he went around to each cubicle and asked each person there if their TP had the same problems as mine, and they said theirs did, so he couldn't help me.

(Specifically, he said it was a bug in the latest ROM, but it was somehow not a device issue, but a WM issue, even though previous Sprint official ROMs didn't have the problem. The ROM I have now from Sprint has S2A, apparently released on Sep 22.)

He said he could ONLY do and advanced exchange for another TP (Even though last week, I got offered the Snap, Pre, etc.), and that when mine came back in, it would be deemed non-defective, and I'd get charged $200. He said he'd notate my account about our conversation, and I could try calling *2 and getting the money credited back after it was on the bill.

What a load of crap!

The manager at the store was really nice, though. She was on the phone with TS for 2 hours, one hour past closing. She seemed like she was new or something, like she was hesitant to do anything. She said she'd call her people tomorrow and call me and let me know if she can do anything for me, cause it was after 5 p.m. I honestly think she thought if the refurb was less than 30 days old, it had to go back to Sprint to support, but Idk.

There are 17 other repair centers in the middle TN area I am going to hit up one by one until I get something resolved! I think the *2 option is just totally hit or miss, mostly miss. You could call in 5 times a day and get 5 different results.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

Arterion,

good luck to you, i have tried the Vanderbilt ASC, no go, the West End ASC location, no go, and the worst is they will tell you on advanced exchange to go to Brentwood and they are liars and rude there, no matter how nice you are been there 3 times with 2 TPs and they "cant find the problem but you can use a 150 towards your new phone," and "you are lucky to be on that plan you are on," or "Windows Mobile is bad and buggy, every try a Blackberry?" If you find a place, let me know, I am tempted to drive to Kennesaw just to end this saga.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

iSloth is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
@ isloth, if you're offered another tp, take it. but being nice and calm goes a long way with these reps. if you are demanding in any way, they will not help you. good luck soldier.
I completely agree, I probably come off as rude in my typings but I assure you I have been nothing but nice to them, I've followed all their suggestions and everything.

I'm just gonna have to go in to the store tomorrow, pick up my TP from the store and hopefully the guy that actually cares about his job (there's another guy at the store who is just there to be there, seems to have no interest in it at all; while the other actually cares about what he does and is very knowledgeable/interested in all types of phones). Hopefully he's there so I can get the exchange from him!

But alas, onto another TP I go!
Old 12-01-2009, 03:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

QnzMobb is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to QnzMobb

well my wife will be taking my TP to the sprint store to see what the tech will give me since my KB is dead im hoping for a Hero
Old 12-01-2009, 04:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I got a call form the Sprint store today saying they got my replacement phone in today (Monday). Hopefully by "replacement phone" they mean a Touch Pro 2 like they told me on Friday. I'll post and let everyone know what happens when I pick it up tomorrow(Tuesday).

For the people who have the Touch Pro 2 are there any problems with it like the Touch Pro 1 or have all the bugs been worked out?
Old 12-01-2009, 04:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatner View Post
I am tempted to drive to Kennesaw just to end this saga.
Is there a store in Kennesaw that has been known to swap TP's to TP2's? I haven't been able to keep up with every post in the thread.

It would make a nice little roadtrip if I knew they could help!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just spoke to the sprint repair shop near my house and they told me that

The touch pro 2 has been taken off the Advance Exchange list!

Is this the truth?

If not is there anything I can do about this? How can I get my touch pro 2

Im having keyboard issues.

thank you

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro