PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 02:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

conflikt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to conflikt
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Well i finally got something done. The list of phones that are under warranty even under escalations is the Curve, Palm Pre, Treo Pro, HTC Snap. So I ahead and went with the Palm Pre. I will get myself a TP2 in a few months. But i took my claim all the way to escalations and they would not budge on the TP2 because they said it is not warrantied to be replaced for the TP. And if i wanted to get a TP2 i would have to buy the phone. I have been with sprint for a lot of years and i also upgrade 2 phones once a year. I cannot complain they did give me a replacement free, anything other then a broken TP! Good luck to anyone trying to get a TP2 . I heard and read a lot of promising stuff about the WebOS.

I said nothing at all to them about the TP2, they did not even offer it as an option
Old 12-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kcornman is just getting started

My friend in Rochester, NY took his TP into the Sprint store there yesterday because it keeps rebooting itself every ten minutes. They tried to repair it and it was still doing it when he picked it up after work. They offered him a couple of choices and he asked them about a TP2, they told him they are no longer offering it because they have been getting to many defects on them. He ended up with a Blackberry that he's not real happy with so far. Odd that Sprint is still selling TP2's on their site.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcornman View Post
Odd that Sprint is still selling TP2's on their site.
Huh? Why not, it's their latest Winmo phone. The Touch Pro and Diamond are the devices that are discontinued.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:44 PM
N00b

conflikt is a n00b

Yes I had two repair techs from two different stores telling me that Sprint is going to do away with the TP line up because of all the problems. I do not know how true that is, but we will find out after the TP2 gets old!
Old 12-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

conflikt: i don't know whether to feel bad for you or laugh at you. Why would you take a pre especially when people can and are still getting tp2's? I would be very upset if I paid $500 for a device and it broke within a month and got it replaced with a used phone that was junk. I would fight until I had it properly replaced.

The reason I say laugh is you say you've been with sprint for many years, upgrade twice a year but paid $500? Most pay 100-300. So something doesn't add up. Also sounds like you're too impatient. Read the tips everyone has and you'll get your phone.

I also figure this problem is the same deal when the TP came out and everyone was trying to replace the titan/mogul. Just give it time and you'll get your phone soon enough. I have 2 tp's and my second one is in mint condition. It doesn't get used much and has a seidio cover and clip so it's always well protected. Might be worth some $ some day being it's of a batch that doesn't have problems! Also my main tp has lasted this far without major issues (nothing that roms can't fix) and until the last 2-3 days has started to act squirrely. Sure it had some rough spots with the keyboard but nothing to make me want to go through the hassle of getting several phones to get upgraded.

Oh yeah and everyone should go to the BBB and complain since we've paid for high dollar phones and get crap replacements. It's just like buying a new car, then it F's up and is replaced with a used car of the same model. No one would allow this to go on because there are laws that protect us. So someone who has connections or know how should start a case to get people who have legitimate problems compensated.

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 12-04-2009, 03:48 PM
N00b

conflikt is a n00b

No, i meant the phone is damn near $500 and died within a month. I got a brand new in the box Pre not a used one. I need a reliable phone that does not break all the time so as far as impatience goes yes i am impatient. I will get TP2 in a few months because i upgrade two phones once a year. I did a lot of research on the Pre and i feel that i did okay on the trade. Yeah ill lack on screen size and keyboard but whatever. I love win-mobile because of Power Point and Word but i am sure someone will add support for it to webOS. I am just happy they gave me a new phone, i am sick of my phone breaking all the time
Old 12-04-2009, 04:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

rezistrat is a n00b

Just took my first Touch Pro into service the chip within the micro usb charge slot was broken. My experience with replacement phones is they can be bad (I used to own a Fusix had to replace 3 others until the upgraded me to the Musiq) Honestly, i'm hoping not to have to do this but I have no tolerance for compromise if my replacement has issues it's going back!
Old 12-04-2009, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bairice is keeping up the good workbairice is keeping up the good work

I was able to get a TP2 yesterday from the corporate repair store. I first went to an ASC which authorized the repair within 5 minutes, but told me that they didn't have any in stock and had no idea when it would arrive. Spoke to sprint on the phone, they couldn't do anything. Went to the repair store and showed them my notes from the call to sprint, and they also said it was out of stock, but would try to order it ASAP. The TP2 came in 3 days later. SO it's still doable, but you definitely have to find the store that's willing to at the very least authorize the replacement. Once you have that, you can argue your way for a TP2, even if it's not in stock at the time.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Huh? Why not, it's their latest Winmo phone. The Touch Pro and Diamond are the devices that are discontinued.
Funny that at my zip 77084- the Diamond is still being listed but not the TP. Funny.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflikt View Post
No, i meant the phone is damn near $500 and died within a month. I got a brand new in the box Pre not a used one. I need a reliable phone that does not break all the time so as far as impatience goes yes i am impatient. I will get TP2 in a few months because i upgrade two phones once a year. I did a lot of research on the Pre and i feel that i did okay on the trade. Yeah ill lack on screen size and keyboard but whatever. I love win-mobile because of Power Point and Word but i am sure someone will add support for it to webOS. I am just happy they gave me a new phone, i am sick of my phone breaking all the time
When it is time to get your $500 phone, you can get it from Lisa...
http://houston.craigslist.org/mob/1493651833.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro