PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 10:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Back with Sprint!

Avareyne is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
what exactly did you say to them that helped with your case? I have a receipt of the previous work order that they fixed my keyboard. but the keyboard is problematic again
Pretty much told the truth. Dropped calls and disconnections with tech support lead me to echat. They asked me what problems I was having with the phone, I told the truth, and mentioned I already had replacements of BNIB TP's. Problem with me getting to the store is no car, and I am in a town where I don't really know anyone, so they were helpful there. I have already conversed with my local store who also said on a 3-way phone call that my phone could and should be replaced with a different model, he recommended the TP2. I might stop by the store when I can get a ride again since my account is noted and see if they will order me one so I don't have to call Sprint daily.

Last edited by Avareyne; 11-01-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sah0724 is a n00b

I went to the sprint store today since my chrome cracked on my TP, I was heard that it was a free repair since it's a known issue with the touch pros but I find out I had to pay 119 for it so I said naw....

Dude was a **** and I didn't even ask him about the TP2 and I'm glad I didn't.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: sprint

cheyne1 is just getting started

I had purchased a touch pro 2 from sprint October 8 and then returned it the next day because somebody on craigslist had a htc hero early that I purchased instead. I ended up selling the hero a couple days ago (not my thing) switched to a junk blackberry and then lost it. So I called asurion reported a lost phone and they asked wich one? I guess because I apparently had a few phones on my account in the last couple of weeks, I told them the blackberry but the lady decided to send me a tp2 instead seeing it was on my account and I didn't have it. Ofcourse I didn't tell her no but at the same time I never lost a touch pro 2 I returned it to sprint. Anybody know if I would be getting in trouble for this or would they?
Old 11-02-2009, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

gostars9 is keeping up the good workgostars9 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sah0724 View Post
I went to the sprint store today since my chrome cracked on my TP, I was heard that it was a free repair since it's a known issue with the touch pros but I find out I had to pay 119 for it so I said naw....

Dude was a **** and I didn't even ask him about the TP2 and I'm glad I didn't.
I had the same issue with a repair center. They claimed my cracked chrome was physical damage and they couldn't help me. They said I had to file a claim with assurion and pay the $100 deductible. Instead of doing that I filed an advanced exchange on sprints website. (If you enter zipcode 95932) it will allow you to place an order instead of directing you to take your phone into the closest repair center). I was sent a refurbished (but in really good shape) touch pro free of charge. It's no TP2 but better than having a beat up touch pro IMO.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:46 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

oh btw, for those who got the phone mailed to your door, did you activate online? I'm hearing that some people who called in to activate on their plan, they are being forced to go on another plan. i ask because i'm on SERO

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 11-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Lurker

ironwolf2k is a n00b

I am currently waiting for TP2's to come back in stock at the warehouse for exchanges.

My TP has been slowly fading away, buttons below the screen no longer function (makes phone almost impossible to use for calling out), locks up at least once a day and now takes 15 minutes from reboot to fully load TF3D.

Anyone hear any word from a Sprint Rep when or if TP2's will be back in stock for exchange? Everyone I talk to seems to have no issues with the exchange for a TP2 but they just aren't in stock. I don't really want another (this is my third) TP.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

@ iron, you should call *2 and talk to tech support. they will then send you to a repair center. it is there that they will order a tp2 and it should come next day, if not 3-5 days.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Lurker

ironwolf2k is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
@ iron, you should call *2 and talk to tech support. they will then send you to a repair center. it is there that they will order a tp2 and it should come next day, if not 3-5 days.
Been there, done that. They can't order a TP2 unless it is instock as it won't show up as a replacement option. I don't really want a Blackberry or Palm, so I am playing the waiting game now. Just going to have to bug my local repair center every few days I guess.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tgkdubb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironwolf2k View Post
Been there, done that. They can't order a TP2 unless it is instock as it won't show up as a replacement option. I don't really want a Blackberry or Palm, so I am playing the waiting game now. Just going to have to bug my local repair center every few days I guess.
same here...I have a TP and the End Call button does not function..took it in for repair (and hopeful upgrade to TP2) rep told me they would replace for a few phones in store and when asked about tp2 he said they would but are currently not in stock..so I guess it's a waiting game then...
Old 11-02-2009, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

roopull is becoming a great contributor

I work for UPS as a "swing driver," which means I'm rarely in the same area. While I rely on old fashion maps 99% of the time, the 1% of the time I need GPS, I NEED GPS.

My GPS quit working last Thursday.

I went to my local ASC & was given the choice of "Any Blackberry you want," a Treo 850 or the HTC Snap. All of them have the BB form with the keyboard in the front, so I didn't want any of them. I asked if there was any other option & he said the TP2 will be an option at some point in the future, but as of right now, none are available... he's thinking it's just a back order situation.

Patience?

I also asked if there was an Android option, to which he said no. I'm going to try a hard reset to see if that resolves things, but hate having to set my phone back up the way I like it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro