PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Touch Pro + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

rgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rgildoss Send a message via MSN to rgildoss
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

nope
pre will not work on SERO ...most of any androyd and any other OS other then win wont work ..except for the older phones ..
Old 11-25-2009, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kitts is keeping up the good workkitts is keeping up the good work

Sprint took off the SERO provisioning options for other os and newer models. This is to reduce the SERO population, once they are able to switch you over to the expensive plans, you have more phone options. I think finally they will stop the provisioning support for the newer WinMo phones.
Hope they don't start it with HD2(if it comes to sprint)
Old 11-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Well my trip to the sprint store didn't go well. I took my 3rd refurb with the non responsive touchscreen screen in, and they tell me it has liquid damage . wtf? i thought the dude was kidding. Nope, no joke. The guy was pretty cool about it, saying he would still give me $78 for it as a trade-in. He said not all the liquid indicators were activated. Seems a little fishy though. partial luiqid damage, but theyll still give me $ as a trade? Not sure what to do. go through asurion, or just buy the tp2 for $160.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Well my trip to the sprint store didn't go well. I took my 3rd refurb with the non responsive touchscreen screen in, and they tell me it has liquid damage . wtf? i thought the dude was kidding. Nope, no joke. The guy was pretty cool about it, saying he would still give me $78 for it as a trade-in. He said not all the liquid indicators were activated. Seems a little fishy though. partial luiqid damage, but theyll still give me $ as a trade? Not sure what to do. go through asurion, or just buy the tp2 for $160.
They were pulling this trick months ago. So was Verizion, make the guy prove it to you. He's outright lying is my bet.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G baby!

bwillet is a n00b

Anyone have any luck with a TP to TP2 swap in the Atlanta area? My wife's TP is doing all kinds of crazy stuff, and on mine the chrome is peeling off badly and the screen doesn't rotate half the time when I slide it open. I'd love to do this with as little hassle as possible, and maybe even get phones that work!
Old 11-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Give him the KICK!!!

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
They were pulling this trick months ago. So was Verizion, make the guy prove it to you. He's outright lying is my bet.
I thought about that. But im not very familar with the insides of the tp. i wouldnt know if he was lying or not frusterating
Old 11-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgildoss View Post
if they tell you that the TP2 does not work on the sero they are lying to you ..it sure does ...they are trying to get rid of the SERO plans and will tell you that it wont work ...

of the lsit they gave me only 2 worked with the sero .. the tp and the snap...like i said TP2 was not even on the list ....

my guess is they have diffrent list for diffrent plans??
Interesting thought, anyone with SERO getting TP2 upgrade options?

Sprint saying the TP2 is not compatable with SERO is sad. I don't know if they are just flat out lying or just don't know enough- both options are pretty bad for Sprint.

Either they hire liars or misinform their own employees...
Old 11-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
I thought about that. But im not very familar with the insides of the tp. i wouldnt know if he was lying or not frusterating
I know of two water damage stickers- one on the battery and one in the battery case itself.

See if they don't still have the red diagonal stripes...
Old 11-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Give him the KICK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
I know of two water damage stickers- one on the battery and one in the battery case itself.

See if they don't still have the red diagonal stripes...
Interesting, ill do that. sprint guy said there was 6 stickers within the phone. ill look.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
Interesting thought, anyone with SERO getting TP2 upgrade options?

Sprint saying the TP2 is not compatable with SERO is sad. I don't know if they are just flat out lying or just don't know enough- both options are pretty bad for Sprint.

Either they hire liars or misinform their own employees...
I have Sero, they switched me to the TP2 with no problems....let me make sure i still have my plan

EDIT: Still have Sero, pic below Got worried for a sec, I didn't check until i read this thread.

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!

Last edited by slypher; 11-25-2009 at 07:31 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro