PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 05:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bookerx3 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradgordie View Post
10/16/2009 03:40:52PM Sprint Agent: "What web site did you see where Sprint was allowing people to change phone for the HTC touch pro?"
10/16/2009 03:43:53PM Me: "there are several spritusers.com, xda-developers, ppc geeks, i have just googled the issues i am having so that i can fix them and i see all these posts that they have had their phone replaced with a different model. some even show a policy (don't know if it is legit) from sprint showing that sprint knows there is problems with the touch pro and to actively start replacing them with other devices"
10/16/2009 03:44:55PM Me: "http://i34.tinypic.com/25f1xzq.jpg"
10/16/2009 03:45:50PM Me: "that is a link from one of the sites"
10/16/2009 03:46:58PM Sprint Agent: "I do apologize, Unfortunately those site that you have received that information is not Sprint site, I do apologize due to the fact that you have insurance on the account you can have the phone replaced or you can have technical support to fix the issue for you."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
why would you tell them about the websites? this was for members here, we don't need sprint looking at this site.
Agreed, that was not the best way to go about it. Letting them know that you have seen the WEL list and that websites are talking about this is the worst thing you could do. Ofcourse Sprint will deny till they die that the list that leaked is not official and neither is the policy.

People need to stop printing and/or telling reps about the WEL list. All you can do is take it into a repair center, if they do not offer you a list of replacements then move on to another store. Alerting them you are aware of the list is just going to upset them and most likely turn you down.

Last edited by bookerx3; 10-31-2009 at 06:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:06 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookerx3 View Post
Agreed, that was not the best way to go about it. Letting them know that you have seen the WEL list and that websites are talking about this is the worst thing you could do. Ofcourse Sprint will deny till they die that the list that leaked is not official and neither is the policy.

People need to stop printing and/or telling reps about the WEL list. All you can do is take it into a repair center, if they do not offer you a list of replacements then move on to another store. Alerting them you are aware of the list is just going to upset them and most likely turn you down.
i had more typed but changed it. over a 1000 replies means all one has to do is read and search. i even posted that echat was the wrong way to go. i don't get some people!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

williegt is a n00b

doesnt matter they already knew about the leak a day or two after it happened because people came in with the screenshot. That is why most will probably want you to go into a store so they can verify there is an issue with the unit.

Of course they can deny it, it was an internal memo. It would be different if it was sent to TP owners. I think they changed it a little once they found out the memo had been leaked. That memo was for ASC as well. The corp memo could have been different too.

Again, they are only replacing the unit with a TP2 if it is available on the list. If it is OOS then they can not offer you that.

Last edited by williegt; 10-31-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:15 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by williegt View Post
doesnt matter they already knew about the leak a day or two after it happened because people came in with the screenshot. That is why most will probably want you to go into a store so they can verify there is an issue with the unit.

Of course they can deny it, it was an internal memo. It would be different if it was sent to TP owners. I think they changed it a little once they found out the memo had been leaked. That memo was for ASC as well. The corp memo could have been different too.

Again, they are only replacing the unit with a TP2 if it is available on the list. If it is OOS then they can not offer you that.
the leaked memo is one thing, but telling them about the websites? that's just crazy. this is probably why some folks are having a hard time getting the exchange. instead of telling THIER story, they say silly stuff like "well, you did it for so and so".
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

williegt is a n00b

Yeah, but they should have known about these sites long ago. It isnt like these have just gotten here. If their employees know about these sites then I am sure they do. And I know they know about HoFo and this site because I discussed the leak with a DM when my employee was trying to get his TP replaced.

Very true, explain your situation and how you have had trouble. They dont care if your buddy heard they were replacing them because of "known defects". If you have a legit issue and they see it then good business would be to get you back up and running and happy

Last edited by williegt; 10-31-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bookerx3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
the leaked memo is one thing, but telling them about the websites? that's just crazy. this is probably why some folks are having a hard time getting the exchange. instead of telling THIER story, they say silly stuff like "well, you did it for so and so".
Exactly. Letting them know that you read it online will give them the impression you are just trying to scam them or get a free phone regardless of if you have real issues or not. It is just setting you and others up for failure.

For all we know, Sprint may come check out this thread and read all the people talking about different ways to mess up your phone or the excuses to use just to get the TP2 then remove it from the list completely.

Sprint may know that the list is leaked, but they probably did not know there was a community of people telling store locations to get a TP2, when it is in stock, and ways to defect a working TP just to get it.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

xttc2000 is just getting started

Quote:
10/16/2009 03:40:52PM Sprint Agent: "What web site did you see where Sprint was allowing people to change phone for the HTC touch pro?"
10/16/2009 03:43:53PM Me: "there are several spritusers.com, xda-developers, ppc geeks, i have just googled the issues i am having so that i can fix them and i see all these posts that they have had their phone replaced with a different model. some even show a policy (don't know if it is legit) from sprint showing that sprint knows there is problems with the touch pro and to actively start replacing them with other devices"
10/16/2009 03:46:58PM Sprint Agent: "I do apologize, Unfortunately those site that you have received that information is not Sprint site, I do apologize due to the fact that you have insurance on the account you can have the phone replaced or you can have technical support to fix the issue for you."
..... fail...... seriously.....
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:49 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
10/16/2009 03:40:52pm sprint agent: "what web site did you see where sprint was allowing people to change phone for the htc touch pro?"
10/16/2009 03:43:53pm me: "there are several spritusers.com, xda-developers, ppc geeks, i have just googled the issues i am having so that i can fix them and i see all these posts that they have had their phone replaced with a different model. Some even show a policy (don't know if it is legit) from sprint showing that sprint knows there is problems with the touch pro and to actively start replacing them with other devices"
10/16/2009 03:44:55pm me: "http://i34.tinypic.com/25f1xzq.jpg"
10/16/2009 03:45:50pm me: "that is a link from one of the sites"
10/16/2009 03:46:58pm sprint agent: "i do apologize, unfortunately those site that you have received that information is not sprint site, i do apologize due to the fact that you have insurance on the account you can have the phone replaced or you can have technical support to fix the issue for you."
you fail

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 10-31-2009, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

Quote:

I suppose the next step would be to throw a tantrum and bang your hands and feet cause its not fair. =D>
Old 10-31-2009, 09:38 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatner View Post
I suppose the next step would be to throw a tantrum and bang your hands and feet cause its not fair. =D>
hopefully, everyone else reading this thread won't do anything dumb like telling sprint where they saw something. what's next, calling microsoft because a custom rom didn't work?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro