View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 07:36 AM
CaliforniaPlaya
PPCGeeks Regular

CaliforniaPlaya is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Had an interesting experience in a repair center today. I was there requesting my third repair/exchange within a month. First one dead keyboard, second one dead screen, third one two days later dead keyboard. The lady I brought it to told me she wants to get me out of this phone and into something better like a Pro2 (I got my hopes up there for a second), but that they are not authorized at store level to swap a phone out with something else. She asked if it was alright if she would call customer service and I explain to them the problems I was having, let them know I am in a corporate store at them moment and they are requesting the Pro to be switched to a different device. I told her that would be fine.

So she picked up the stores phone, dialed a number, and then asked for advanced exchange (I think this is what we know as retentions) and then gave me the phone. I sat there listening to crappy hold music for about 20 minutes. Finally someone answered, asked for phone # and explanation of the problem with the phone. I also told her that I was currently in a store and that they requested for me to call as they are not authorized to switch to a different type of device. She then asked me what type of phone I wanted to switch to. But before I got a chance to answer, she said the Pro2 is the newer model similar to what I have. I told her thats what I wanted. She then asked to speak to the person in the store that was helping me. All she said was "no", "no", "ok, thank you", and handed the phone back to me. I assume the rep on the phone asked if they have the Pro2 in stock, but not sure. She then told me that she was creating an order for me for a Pro2 and I should have it in a couple of business days - think thats gonna be about five days right now with the holiday. So, I'll see what I get when I get it. Hopefully it works out better than the TP.